Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Can this place be legit? (i.e. selling Time Tunnel complete TV show)

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 09-25-05, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am hesitant to post the link here, since I don;t want to advertize a potential shady enterprise ... but there is a website that offers full TV box sets ... the site looks actually quite serious ... but the fact that they have some shows that I have been looking for (like Time Tunnel) makes me wonder .. the pricing (150 USD for a 15 disc set) is .. well .. not to unrealistic, if maybe they have dug up some public domain loophole and indeed can sell these sets.

someone please let me know if it is ok to post the link so you can judge for yourself ... I am on the suspicious side ... but it does NOT look like one of those knock off hong kong pirate stores ...

the name of the site is Amazing TV shows (which is not their URL) and they seem to focus on old classics of which many have not been on DVD yet to my knowledge ...
Old 09-25-05, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
This hasn't been officially released in R1-it has been rumored for future release along with Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea(tv series) by Fox.
Old 09-25-05, 01:00 PM
X
Administrator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts
Why don't you email me the link? Someone posted a site that sounds just like that one recently and I found it was full of bootlegs.
Old 09-25-05, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is what I don't get: Somebody knows for a fact (or should know if they spent ten seconds researching online) that a particular collection of DVDs is not available at ANY reputable online retailer and they find one in the sticks of the Internet then feel compelled to ask if it's legit or not? Is it just me or do these types of post always feel like disguised spam?
Old 09-25-05, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
...except for the fact that there wasn't a link posted.
Old 09-27-05, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

calhoun07 ... this is why I worded my post as carefully as possible ... and did not post a link ... I have been out of the whole DVD frenzy for some time now .. so, what do I know if some book clubs or what not have found some public domain loophole they use / abuse ...

anyways .. that said .. i found DVDtalk always an excellent resource of people who know stuff .. thus I turn here with my question ... I am inclined to think this this is a bootleg site ... but maybe this thread can one day also work as a warning for other people ... i will try to email X the link ... my connection is a tad fuzzy today ...

and yes .. i checked other online sites if time tunnel is around ...
Old 09-27-05, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 294 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by Darknite39
...except for the fact that there wasn't a link posted.

and caipirina isn't a "cool new member."
Old 09-27-05, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by tasha99
and caipirina isn't a "cool new member."
yeah .. i am actually kind of an old fart here .. i had more active days .. but 3 years in Fiji fried my Sony DD5.1 system .. having our first child cut down severly on DVD watching .. and now having moved to Italy leaves me with reg 2 DVD which do have mostly an english language track, but no english subs ... and ordering from the states makes customs add 20% sales tax ... so .. yeah .. i probably have no idea what is going on in the DVD world right now