Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Problem printing Best Buy Reard Certificates?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 09-03-05, 08:42 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Anyone have problems? I have two seperate ones and each time I click to print it the site asks for my 10 digit ID. When I type it it, the page simply refreshed itself. Ive tried it on 3 different computers with 3 different browsers. I called Best Buy up and the claimed it was a popup blocker, how I turned all of them off. Anyone had any similar problems?
Old 09-04-05, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never had that problem and was able to print off several I had gotten. But I changed over to snail-mail because, for some reason, when they sent me certs it was bouncing back to them as invalid (no spam blockers or such turned on). Even tried changing my e-mail.

Awhile back, some other thread(s) people said they were having printing problems.

I am just sticking with snail-mail.
Old 09-04-05, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had the same problem before and the only way I was able to print them out was through MSN explorer with an IE browser. I have no idea why because neither IE by itself, netscape navigator, or Firefox would allow me to print. I'd recommend you try another browser or perhaps just switch back to getting those certificates mailed to you. To do that, configure your preferences at the RZ website.
Old 09-05-05, 09:55 AM

I don't have a printing problem at all--I quit the RZ program for that reason and many others.

I use a Mac and I was unable to print my RZ certs on that platform. So I needed to wait several weeks so that BB could send them.

But that is the smallest complaint with the RZ program. Why should I have to pay to use their frequent buyer program and get a paltry 3.3% return on my purchases, but only after waiting 6-8 weeks? On your first purchase that qualifies for a cert, you need to spend $150 plus $10 for the RZ card just to get a whopping $5 back.

Doesn't sound attractive to me!
Old 09-05-05, 02:30 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdirv
I don't have a printing problem at all--I quit the RZ program for that reason and many others.

I use a Mac and I was unable to print my RZ certs on that platform. So I needed to wait several weeks so that BB could send them.

But that is the smallest complaint with the RZ program. Why should I have to pay to use their frequent buyer program and get a paltry 3.3% return on my purchases, but only after waiting 6-8 weeks? On your first purchase that qualifies for a cert, you need to spend $150 plus $10 for the RZ card just to get a whopping $5 back.

Doesn't sound attractive to me!
If you spend more then $300 a year at Best Buy, the card 'pays for itslef'. Most people here spend $400-$500 a month at Best Buy, so its like gettting a $10-$15 certiicate for free.
Old 09-06-05, 01:48 AM

Sure you can spend $300 to "break even", but at that amount of spending, you get the equivalent of your RZ membership covered, but you still have not received a discount yet.

You need to spend at least $450 to get your first $5 RZ cert after the break even point.

I guess if you spend $400-500/month, it would be worth it, but I just don't spend that much in a month to make it worth it.
Old 09-06-05, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I used to get them off the site, but I had a heck of a time trying to get to them (Mac, Explorer). So after two months, I went back to the postal system and I get my certificates again.

I forget what excuse they gave me for not being able to get them.
Old 09-06-05, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dvdirv
But that is the smallest complaint with the RZ program. Why should I have to pay to use their frequent buyer program and get a paltry 3.3% return on my purchases, but only after waiting 6-8 weeks?
Considering most other stores give you well...nothing, I find the BB rewardzone program to be pretty great. Plus I just saved 5 bucks extra on Lost this week, so I'm extra happy with it.