Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscountDVD delivery problems to Germany

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-05, 03:21 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many (if not most!) packages from the DDD Summer Sale shipped to Germany are lost. I'm still waiting for my DVDs, too. Even reshipments have not arrived according to the experiences by others (discussion about this problem in a German forum can be found here). I'm wondering if customers in other European countries have experienced the same problem? Also, if DDD is reading this, I'd like to know if DDD is aware of the delivery failures and what measures have been taken. I don't believe this is a customs problem because apparently only shipments from DDD (and DigitalEyes) are affected and even small parcels with one or two DVDs which usually aren't checked by customs don't arrive. I think there are two possible reasons for the massive delivery failures: a problem with the package routing or an organised criminal act (I've experienced manipulated DDD parcels myself).
Old 09-04-05, 10:41 PM

Hey CptBlackadder, can you further explain what you mean by manipulated parcels? Have you had parcels tampered with?

OH btw, I am presuming with your user name you are a big fan of the Black Adder series
Old 09-05-05, 11:31 AM
Cool New Member

I received a parcel which had been opened and re-sealed with a different adhesive tape. Two DVDs were missing. Shortly thereafter I received another parcel with had not been opened, yet with suspicious adhesive tape damages.
OH btw, I am presuming with your user name you are a big fan of the Black Adder series
Indeed I am! I love series 1 & 4 the most.
Old 09-05-05, 11:41 AM

Well, I'm a German resident too ....
my whole story can be found here:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435743
I'll go post in the other forum too ...
Old 09-06-05, 06:29 AM

CptBlackadder

Have you thought of perhaps buying your DVDs online from places that offer some kind of registered post tracking? Like EMS?

I am curious, if packages are inspected by customs over there, is there some indication or markings that a packaged has been inspected by customs?

Oh, speaking of Blackadder series, you liked Season 1? I don;t know many that liked that season. I liked Season 2, 3 and 4 though 4 being the best
Old 09-06-05, 10:07 AM
Cool New Member

Usually all (regular) mail from all over the world arrives just fine. During my entire online shopping career of several years the parcels from DDD's summer sale are only the third or fourth time that a package went missing.

It's clearly visible if a parcel has been opened by German customs because they use a special tape to seal the parcel and either put an invoice or a sticker on it. Absolutely nothing indicated customs might have been responsible for the loss of the two discs.

As for BA #1, I know as a fan of that particular season I'm in the minority. The style of series 1 is vastly different compared to the following seasons, yet it has its own merits and is very entertaining. But I agree with you that BA #4 is the best one.
Old 09-07-05, 04:11 AM

I have ordered from DDD several times the last 6 months, including the last Summer Sale and have received all my orders here in Amsterdam.
Old 09-12-05, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by trebbor
I have ordered from DDD several times the last 6 months, including the last Summer Sale and have received all my orders here in Amsterdam.
Odd, maybe it is a problem with our customs ...
Old 09-19-05, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by CptBlackadder
I'm wondering if customers in other European countries have experienced the same problem?
No problems with partcels to Italy, although I hve not ordered many from them lately.
A registered letter from Italy TO Germany, though, was recently opened and ts content (money) stolen lately, so I wonder what happens to mail in Germany...

Cesare
Old 09-24-05, 04:18 AM

I ordered from DDD in June and still have not seen anything. Everything was apparently shipped end of June. I contacted them and they told me to check with customs. I recontacted them 2 weeks after again but they did not react anymore. They have my money that seems to be the most important (for them). Oh, I live in Luxembourg, so it is not only Germany. As for the customsm they put a special tape on the boxm with a stamp and the agent's signature.
Old 09-25-05, 04:57 AM

Seems that it's not just Germany. My package was sent airmail at 01/09/2005 and it havent' still arrived (to Finland). They don't even bother to answer me what should i do.
Old 10-10-05, 01:03 AM

I have received my 3 dvds from their Warner's 3 for 2 sale already a couple of weeks ago here in Amsterdam....