Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscountDVD Customer Service & Reshipment

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 08-27-05, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone, this is my first post.

It's not the first time I ordered from DeepDiscoountDVD, but it IS the first time I've had them ship my stuff to Germany (where I live).
(I've also read some of the stories about DDD here.)

I ordered the Season 1 and Season 4 set of Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda on 6/22 with the 20% sale coupon. Season 4 was a pre-order though, so I could only use the coupon on Season 1. They shipped Season 1 on 6/25, by "USPS Destination Post Office", which should take 10-20 Business (!) Days. I hadn't received it yet when I got a shipping confirmation for the Season 4 set on 7/15; I just figured it would take a little longer than 20 Business Days ... it's USPS after all ...
About 14 days later (7/29 I believe) I received a little notice from my customs office that they have a package waiting for me ... I went there to pick it up, had to pay 7 ... and found out that it was the Season 4 set. A little frustrated, I went home and a few days later, I contacted DDD's customer service. They showed me my shipping address again in order to have it confirmed (this was ridiculous, since I had received the Season 4 set, and it was all one order, so there was no difference between the two shipping addresses), and told me to check with my customs office. They also said I should reply to their email so they could assist me further.
I had been at the customs office a few days earlier, they didn't have it. My shipping address was correct - that's what I told them, in a reply to their email. Funny thing, because the reply bounced ... what I noticed was that the email address their reply came from wasn't "[email protected]", but "[email protected]". So I sent the email again, to the other address (and got another automated reply with another tracking number ...). They replied 8/9, and asked if I wanted the item reshipped or refunded - I answered (again to [email protected]) that I wanted the item reshipped. 8/16, they sent me an email stating that they had set up a reshipment for me, but the item was on backorder until 8/25. I also got an order confirmation with the item in it (listed twice though...), for a total amount of $0.00. That "order" is not listed online when I log in and check my order status.

Well, 8/25 has passed (I know that they sometimes ship stuff a few days later), and I am waiting for it to be shipped.

Has anybody else experienced this kind of thing?
I am especially wondering about the thing with the emails bouncing.

Thanks. I hope it's not too long ...
Old 08-27-05, 09:22 AM

They are not experts in international shipping. Finding Amazon.uk to be a bit too pricey? Best option and I know you guys in Europe get hosed on long distance, is CALL
Old 08-27-05, 09:55 AM

Them not being experts in international shipping doesn't explain the crap with their email-customer service tho ...

I am actually willing to pay quite a bit as a fan. Emphasis on "willing". My money is ... well, limited.
They're releasing single volumes of Andromeda in the UK. ADV Films wasn't going to release complete box sets in R1 either, but they did in the end.

And I can actually call America quite cheap
I was going to call them, but thus far, sending emails worked. We'll see.
Edit: Plus I'm sick of PAL screwing up the sound

Last edited by Marden/Delete; 08-27-05 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-28-05, 09:39 AM

They've always been kinda spotty with email, quite nice on the phone though, from my experience