Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What's wrong with Superstore?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-05, 11:55 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate the place, mind you. What most Americans seem to feel about Wal-Mart, so I feel about Superstore - it's pure evil shoved into a very large space, with any leftover space being devoted to crap. I won't even go into the bull they pull with so-called 'customer service'. I go there as little as possible. But lately I've had absolutely no opportunity to drive in the direction of the nearest Future Shop or Wal-Mart, so I figured I'd settle for Superstore and pick up the new Simpsons box set. Today. Two days after the release date. It wasn't there.

It isn't the first time this has happened. I can't remember the last box set, but I searched all their displays and the new release wall and nothing, and that time I asked the cashier about it. The basic response was 'durrrr...' (after staring at the wall I'd just looked at for ten minutes), with no idea when it was coming in, if ever.

So I'm curious - does anyone or has anyone worked there? Do they drag their feet on new releases on purpose, or have I been unlucky? And if not - how the heck do they make money on DVDs? Their prices NEVER beat Wal-Mart, and their 'bargain bin' prices are a joke.
Old 08-27-05, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, let me see. You have had bad experiences in the past with this place, repeatedly, and then you RETURN, have more bad experiences and are surprised? Despite the fact they have worse prices, service, and availability than Walmart, etc?

Sometimes one must realize it is not the wall that is hitting your head repeatedly and that it is time to move on.