Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever order from www.superpawn.com?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-05, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They have some good deals & I was just wondering if it's a legit operation, etc.

Thanks.
Old 08-15-05, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I placed an order for a disc earlier today. I haven't received a confirmation email yet, but the title is no longer listed on the site. We'll see what happens when I get it.
Old 08-16-05, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I get error messages when trying to visit the site.
Old 08-17-05, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by C_Fletch
They have some good deals & I was just wondering if it's a legit operation, etc.

Thanks.
They're a legit business. They're a large pawn shop chain with stores all over the country.
Old 08-17-05, 12:03 PM
Cool New Member

Anyone have any coupon codes for there?
Old 08-17-05, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ultimomark
Anyone have any coupon codes for there?
I don't believe they have coupons.
Old 08-17-05, 07:24 PM
Cool New Member

When you go to checkout it ask's if you have any.
Old 08-17-05, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ultimomark
When you go to checkout it ask's if you have any.
That doesn't mean they have any. That just means that the software they're running as the ability to take coupons.
Old 08-18-05, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

SuperPawn.com is currently performing hardware and software upgrades in order to better serve you.

We regret if our scheduled maintenance has inconvenienced you. The upgrades will include faster checkouts, quicker search responses, and the site will feature specials at amazing prices.

Please understand that we do not accept orders over the phone or via email. All orders must occur through our website.

Thank you for your patience.
Old 08-18-05, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The site is currently working now. I have yet to receive a shipping confirmation for an order placed Wednesday. Keeping my fingers crossed as the DVD is OOP and I got a good deal on it. Shipping was free.
Old 08-19-05, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by C_Fletch
The site is currently working now. I have yet to receive a shipping confirmation for an order placed Wednesday. Keeping my fingers crossed as the DVD is OOP and I got a good deal on it. Shipping was free.
I haven't got a confirmation yet either, on an order I placed on 8/15. After I placed the order, I saw a pending charge on my bankcard, but there's nothing there now (probably because it hasn't shipped yet). Looks like their site is down once again, at least for me.

I'm interested in what you picked up. Their search engine is horrible, so help would be great. I snagged À Nous la Liberté for about $6.00, since they currently have 40% on dvds (I forget the reasons, but it's two 20% offs) and free shipping.
Old 08-19-05, 07:09 AM

I ordered yesterday and recieved both an order and a shipping confirmation email. We'll see what happens......

Also, their site is down (again apparently)

Last edited by eightiesguy; 08-19-05 at 07:10 AM. Reason: extra info
Old 08-19-05, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Their site is back up. In fact I've never had a problem with pulling it up.

Shagrath: I had ordered 007: A View To A Kill and had even sent them an email asking them if it was indeed this title due to the fact that the picture listed on the order page showed Boiling Point. They sent me back an email confirming that the title was indeed the 007 film. But just a few minutes ago I received a call from them that stated they could not locate the title and that they would cancel my order. Oh well - at least they called me which is a plus.

I guess it's not a big deal but I was getting it for $9.11 which I thought was a good price. I just placed an order for Stargate SG-1 S1 for $15.19 so we'll see what happens with that order.

Please keep this thread updated so we can get an idea on how reputable this site is.

Thanks.

Last edited by C_Fletch; 08-21-05 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-19-05, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts
What the hell is this...
http://www.superpawn.com/product.asp...&holdingstore=

DVD

Retail Price: $15.99
Store Price: $6.99
Online Price: $4.19
You Save: $11.80
Features

Comedy
Case in decent condition, may have scuffs/visible wear
Minor flaws, May affect part(s) of the movie/Basically playable

Product Views:
Old 08-19-05, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks like a DVD to me. I guess it's like one of those grab bags, you just don't know what you're going to get. Check out their CDs - they have dozens of CDs just listed as CDs or POP CDs with no description.

In reference to my 2nd order with them. I ordered Stargate SG-1 and have received a shipping notice. They gave a Fed Ex tracking # that lists the package as being picked up. I'll let you guys know what shape the package and discs are. They listed the set as acceptable so I guess I'll find out what that means. Either way I know a place that resurfaces DVDs for a few dollars.
Old 08-21-05, 11:43 AM

Just orded DVD Movie MacGyver-The Complete First Season (6 DVD) for $12.15 with Free Shipping.

I'll post here when it arrives and what kind of condition it's in.

Mark
Old 08-22-05, 05:36 PM

I recieved my order from them today. I ordered Family Guy season 3. They discs look decent (better than most previewed from rental places). I haven't had a change to watch them yet, but the price was right ($9.72).
Old 08-22-05, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just placed my first order, and received an order confirmation within seconds. I bought what was advertised as a brand new factory sealed DVD of the Dawn of the Dead remake for $6.00 Free Shipping. The package condition was listed as flawless...I sure hope this seller isn't trying to unload a sealed floater.

EDIT: I ended up buying four movies, all within the $4.85-$6.07 price range, all with free shipping. I have already received a shipping confirmation on three of those orders. We're off to a good start.

Last edited by SkullOrchard; 08-23-05 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-24-05, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

SkullOrchard: You and me too. Last night I ordered a special edition that normally sells for 29.95 and picked it up for 9.11.

And then this morning I received Stargate SG-1 Season 1 a day earlier than I expected. The discs are perfect except for 2 very light scratches on 2 of the discs. The case has some very light shelf wear but is in great shape. This set was listed as 'acceptable' on the site. Frankly, I was expecting a lot worse and figured I'd have to get a few resurfaced as Gamestop.

I've been browsing this site and developed a list of my wants. I think I'm going to start ordering them. Good luck to everyone else.
Old 08-24-05, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I ordered a Criterion from them on the 15th and never received any notification (this was when their site was up and down a lot). I emailed them a couple of days ago asking what was going on with my order, and I just got an email saying that the order was cancelled at my request.

I replied and asked if they still have the disc, because I still want it, but it's definately bad customer service if they say the order is cancelled by me, just because they don't have it in stock. I'll post here when I get the new reply just to see what they say.
Old 08-26-05, 02:18 PM

WARNING. I placed an order from superpawn a few days ago and recieved a completely incorrect item. I now have to go through the trouble of returning the DVD and hopefully getting a refund. Ugh. I would be careful ordering from them.
Old 08-26-05, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jak140
WARNING. I placed an order from superpawn a few days ago and recieved a completely incorrect item. I now have to go through the trouble of returning the DVD and hopefully getting a refund. Ugh. I would be careful ordering from them.
I would be wary of ordering any discs where there are multiple versions available. If there's only one version of the disc, then that's probably the one you'll get. There's also a button on the side of each page where you can email and ask about an item, and you could then verify that it is the disc you're looking for.
Old 08-26-05, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

jak140: Do you mind if I ask you what item you purchased? Was it a different item than that was pictured? I think the pictures they use are the same for every item regardless of what DVD version it is.

"There's also a button on the side of each page where you can email and ask about an item, and you could then verify that it is the disc you're looking for."

That's what I've done a few times. I did order a DVD from them on Tue and have yet to receive a shipping notification.
Old 08-26-05, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I took the risk and ordered Simpsons Season 3, Married With Children Season 2 and some other disc for like $30 bucks..simpsons/mwc shipped, other one is still pending..prolly will take a week to get here as it's coming from the west coast (and i'm east) but i'll report what I get when it arrives..
Old 08-26-05, 07:27 PM

Update:
I was very careful about ordering, but what they sent me was someone elses order. They were very nice about it though when I emailed them and said they would issue me a refund without me returning the item. Still I would rather have what I ordered.

BTW, If anyone named catherine marcasciano posts here, I have your Harold and Kumar DVD. Ha.

Last edited by jak140; 08-26-05 at 09:23 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.