Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Price Matching Policy??? (Target TV set Deals)

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 08-11-05, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering about BB's price matching policy...do they price match with copies of receipts from other stores? I was reading about them price matching from a receipt before but don't know if this is common practice.

If so, it would be nice to get some scans of the receipts from those who got deals out of the Target TV set deal and bring them to Best Buy to price match. Wishful thinking???
Old 08-12-05, 12:34 AM

Definite wishful thinking... But if you got it to work, you'dve found the most gullible person in the store, and if you've found that person, I've got a few sets I'd like you to pick up for me!
Old 08-12-05, 10:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Not very likely...feel free to give it a shot though.
Old 08-12-05, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 169 Posts
Don't waste your time.
Old 08-12-05, 10:15 PM
Cool New Member

It might be easier for you to see Target has it in stock and have BB call them to PM that way instead of getting a reciept.
Old 08-12-05, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wouldn't waste my time. BestBuy will find a way to weasel out of it and you'll be wasting precious gas driving there.
Old 08-13-05, 04:23 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Don't think BB would price match this deal. They would probably pull a "not an advertised deal" trick since there is no ad to PM to.
Old 08-13-05, 03:58 PM

Yes They Will!!

Originally Posted by truthseeker02
I was wondering about BB's price matching policy...do they price match with copies of receipts from other stores? I was reading about them price matching from a receipt before but don't know if this is common practice.

If so, it would be nice to get some scans of the receipts from those who got deals out of the Target TV set deal and bring them to Best Buy to price match. Wishful thinking???
AS YOU SEE, THEY MAKE MONEY ON ALMOST ALL THE SALES. THEY WANT TOUR BUSINESS, AND I WORK AT BEST BUY CUSTOMER SERVICE SO I WOULD KNOW. THEY WILL PRICE MATCH ANYTHING ALMSOT(CANNOT PRICE MATCH MAIL-IN REVATES) OR IF IT IS REDICILOUSLY CHEAP. MAKE SURE THE RECEIT HAS THE STORE PHONE NUMBER SO THEY CAN CALL AND VERIFY. IT IS BETTER TO HAVE THE ADD, BUT ANY PUBLISHED OR PRINTED PRICE IS GOOD ENOUGH..

PS--YOU CAN ALSO TELL THEM (CUSTOMER SERVICE) TO CALL THE STORE FOR VERIFICATION WITHOUT THE PRINTED ADS OR WAHT NOT.
Old 08-13-05, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,348 Likes on 914 Posts
Originally Posted by amd555
AS YOU SEE, THEY MAKE MONEY ON ALMOST ALL THE SALES. THEY WANT TOUR BUSINESS, AND I WORK AT BEST BUY CUSTOMER SERVICE SO I WOULD KNOW. THEY WILL PRICE MATCH ANYTHING ALMSOT(CANNOT PRICE MATCH MAIL-IN REVATES) OR IF IT IS REDICILOUSLY CHEAP. MAKE SURE THE RECEIT HAS THE STORE PHONE NUMBER SO THEY CAN CALL AND VERIFY. IT IS BETTER TO HAVE THE ADD, BUT ANY PUBLISHED OR PRINTED PRICE IS GOOD ENOUGH..

PS--YOU CAN ALSO TELL THEM (CUSTOMER SERVICE) TO CALL THE STORE FOR VERIFICATION WITHOUT THE PRINTED ADS OR WAHT NOT.
Old 08-13-05, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

SOMEONE NEEDS A SPELLING CHECKER and needs to learn about Caps Lock Key.
Old 08-13-05, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can you transfer to the BestBuy store near me?
Old 08-17-05, 01:23 PM

I went in yesterday to price match simpsons season 6 for 24.99 and sin city for 11.99 with the ad for Nebraska Furniture mart. They told me they no longer price match that particular store. Must be selective price matching.
Old 08-17-05, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 179 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by jmstipe
I went in yesterday to price match simpsons season 6 for 24.99 and sin city for 11.99 with the ad for Nebraska Furniture mart. They told me they no longer price match that particular store. Must be selective price matching.
That's not surprising. I haven't had much luck getting BB to price match -- it's not really worth the effort (as opposed to just going to the other store to get the good price). When I was shopping for HDTV's last year, American Furniture (don't know if they're national or not) was advertising a great sale, and I brought the add to BB. The floor guy had to go back to confer with a supervisor, but told me they just wouldn't match the prices. No excuse or anything attempted, just "We won't price match that add".

Needless to say, I doubt you'll get a BB to price match a receipt (like the OP was asking) but you never know. Maybe you'd get lucky and run into an employee like the CAPS-loving amd555.
Old 08-19-05, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by jmstipe
Strange, the BestBuy up by Metro North (Kansas City) matched those prices for me without a problem. Which Best Buy gave you grief?