Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Reward Zone: Is it Worth It?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Reward Zone: Is it Worth It?

Old 08-24-05, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how long does it take to get emailed your certificate after reaching the level youre supposed to get one? i went over 30,000 5 days ago and still havent been emailed my certficate. thanks.
Old 08-24-05, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It takes awhile. A long while. You can look online and see if they've even posted to your account yet.
Old 08-24-05, 10:42 AM

Generally, IIRC, they wait 30 days before posting the points to your account, so that they do not have to adjust if you return an item. Those new transaction points should show up under "pending" and then move after the 30 days or so. Now, unfortunately, you may still not get your cert directly after the 30 days. I just received a cert that was "dated" from points accumulated (had been sitting in my point bin since bought in June) at the end of July.

So it will probably be a LONG while.

Just check your Reward Zone account and make sure they have posted it correctly - some have reported not getting some of the bonus points or double points from coupon ro promotions.
Old 08-24-05, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

sorry, i didnt mention that all my points had already moved from the pending section. i know it takes awhile to get posted and then clear the waiting period. but now my 30,000+ points are verified, so to speak. now im just waiting for the email to come with the reward.

ps- i did try to use the contact form from the myrewardzone website but of course its not working. says there is a problem with the website and it cant retrieve my password at this time. though i wasnt trying to retrieve my password. oh well, i guess ill call or something.
Old 08-24-05, 10:03 PM

Well, if you are using e-mail, some people have had problems (mentioned in this forum) - undeliverable or just not receiving them for some reason. I, myself, went to e-mail, got 1 or 2 and then nada. When I checked out at a B&M, they said my certs were marked as undeliverable. Not true as some had worked fine and I was still daily using the e-mail account. I then switched to snail mail and have stayed there ever since.

Hopefully you get yours !

P.S. Alsos check the level you have for receiving certs - which can be $5 or even $20 increments. This could stop it too until reach that level.
Old 09-02-05, 06:07 PM

Best Buy #313 EVANSTON, IL is having a store special. ANY PURCHASE OVER $100 GETS YOU FREE REWARDS ZONE OR RENEWALL(30,000 MIGHT APPLY) ASK THE SALES OR CASHIER FOR THAT.
Old 09-09-05, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone have trouble printing these reward certificates out? I tried and it kept not doing anything. Now, it says I have printed too many times (only allowed 2 attempts!!)

Does this mean they are gone? Surely that isn't right.
Old 09-09-05, 06:48 PM

jkzahn,

The printing issue has happened to me before-twice. You'll have to e-mail the RZ customer service(or call toll-free) to have the re-issue the certificate.
Old 09-12-05, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've been waiting a few days for mine to be emailed as well. The certificate has already been posted but nothing received...
Old 09-13-05, 10:38 AM

Can you use the rewards card with a price match?

Nevermind I searched the thread and found out my answer. Thanks.

Last edited by StimpsonJCat; 09-13-05 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-13-05, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You definitely can use the rewards card with a price match.
Old 09-13-05, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 277 Likes on 231 Posts
Is anyone else having problems accessing the myrewardzone.com section of Best Buy's web site? I keep getting a message that says they are encountering "technical difficulties," and this has been the case for well over 12 hours (tried accessing the myrewardzone section last night, and that is when I first noticed the section is down).

Regards
Christopher H
Old 09-13-05, 06:44 PM

I too had a problem getting into it yesterday and today. They must be doing some work on it.
Old 09-13-05, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 277 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by jmstipe
I too had a problem getting into it yesterday and today. They must be doing some work on it.
For now, the rewardzone section is up and running. However, I had to do the enter your customer service pin and amount on the receipt trick to make sure I get my rewardzone points from my September 06 store visit.

Regards
Christopher H
Old 09-14-05, 03:38 PM

I got my rewardzone card on 9/7 and have made several purchases since then. None of them have shown up on the website. How long does it usually take for them to show up? I know I won't get the rewards back for 30 days, but aren't the purchases suppose to show up within a couple of days?
Old 09-14-05, 06:10 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Give it a few more days. If you don't see your purchases next week, you could try re-entering the receipts into your account.
Old 09-15-05, 08:30 AM

Has anyone else noticed online at the MyRewardZone.com they have changed the point structure?

It now appears that the RewardZone card is free, but you now get 1 point per $1 spent. At 250 points, you get a coupon for $5.

This sucks even more now...
Old 09-15-05, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 81 Likes on 69 Posts
It looks like that is only for certain residents of Ohio?
But yes, that does totally suck. I don't know if that is due to legal things in Ohio, or a pilot for the country, but I'm not looking forward to it.
The ironic thing is, if they STARTED with that, it might not be that bad. In fact, I think I suggested it [here] a long while back--make it free, higher point levels, like the frequent shopper things at cards. But now, with every step a step *backward* and more anti-consumer, they definitely are going the wrong direction.
Old 09-15-05, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess it's still better than nothing and I still spend enough at BB to make it worth it for me, but I can see they're getting cheaper and cheaper with this program. Guess that's why they just renewed me for free this year, since people are probably gonna balk at all these changes.