Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Who is the best at shipping early?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Who is the best at shipping early?

Old 06-30-05, 08:16 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
dolphinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,056
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who is the best at shipping early?

I was wondering, I haven't bought a lot of dvds online lately, is there one of the bigger e-tailers that has the best reputation for getting their pre-orders out the earliest? Say, someone who ships their pre-orders on Fridays so that the customers should have them by their street date on Tuesdays?

Thanks.
Old 07-01-05, 08:10 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Legend
 
matome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: NY
Posts: 12,304
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DVDEmpire ships out pre-orders the Friday before release. I pay for the expedited shipping and for the past two years (since I switched from DVDPlanet after their breakdown) I've been getting my discs on Monday about 95% of the time. The other 5% would be on Tuesday.
Old 07-01-05, 02:28 PM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 212
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DDD, DVD Planet, and Digital Eyes ship the Tuesday before release for most pre-orders. My last 5 or 6 pre-orders were from DDD using their free shipping, and they arrived either the Saturday or the Monday before the release date.
Old 07-03-05, 12:43 AM
  #4  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 539
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon is really, really good about this. I usually get pre-orders somewhere between the Thursday and Saturday before Tuesday's release.
Old 07-04-05, 01:01 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 288
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if it's one of the 'bigger' e-tailers, but I've heard a lot of stories about DVD Soon shipping really early, and last week they shipped me my Dead Like Me Season 2 set on the 29th of June. It's release date is the 19th of July.
Old 07-04-05, 01:05 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 381
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Digital Eyes tends to ship out items a week before the release date. VERY LONG ENGAGEMENT and CRY-BABY were shipped out on Friday.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.