Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Problems from One and Only DDD 20% off Sale

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Problems from One and Only DDD 20% off Sale

Old 07-08-05, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evophile
I got the Ultimate Matrix Collection and before I even opened it I heard a floater. Took out the first digipak (regular Matrix) and disc 2 fell out. Turns out the hub is broken.
Does this count as defective or anything? Do you guys think its worth dealing with? It's not a huge deal, but its pretty annoying. If i didnt have to pay shipping back I'd go for it, but otherwise it might not be worth the hassle.
Same thing happened to my Rambo Trilogy. The hub is broken on Rambo III, but the disc is fine. I figure I'll just get a new dvd case and save the hassle.
Old 07-08-05, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ernestrp
I ordered Bewitched B&W the morning it was released and got it like 3 days after it shipped, I think Saturday after the release date. I would call them about it. When I called the 2nd time on 7/7 about my missing shipment from 6/18 the person said it should have been delivered on 6/29. Not sure if he meant the delivery confirmation said it was or he was going from when it shipped.
The shipping confirmation email I received has an estimated arrival date of 7/03/05-7/08/05 for delivery. Typically I get stuff around 8 days in California after it ships. It is overdue now but occasionally I have had some things through media mail get hung up and take longer. I'm willing to give it a few more days before calling since I have a large stack of unwatched DVDs already.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 07-08-05 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-08-05, 10:41 PM
Cool New Member

If you contact customer service they will give you a postage paid return label. If it was my set I would exchange it.
thanks for the advice. is it better to call them or email them?
Old 07-08-05, 10:50 PM

I will be realistic, I do find DDD is a good store to buy from. I do sometimes get stuff from DDD especially in the 20% sales

One thing I give them praise in is that many of the orders I have done, if something is on back order, I have noticed the rest of my order ships out and then the back order ships once in stock at no extra shipping charge, so I think thats very good. Considering international postage can be a bit much at times.
Old 07-08-05, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

thanks for the advice. is it better to call them or email them?
I think it's better to call. DDD's responses to email are too unpredictable to trust when you have a problem. Sometimes they answer and sometimes they don't. I've always received good customer service whenever I have called.
Old 07-09-05, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
The shipping confirmation email I received has an estimated arrival date of 7/03/05-7/08/05 for delivery. Typically I get stuff around 8 days in California after it ships. It is overdue now but occasionally I have had some things through media mail get hung up and take longer. I'm willing to give it a few more days before calling since I have a large stack of unwatched DVDs already.
The estimated shipping for my missing shipment was 6/27/05 - 7/02/05. I first called on 7/5 and I was told to wait an extra 5 days because of the holiday. I thought she meant 5 days from the 5th but then she said to call back on 7/7 if it was not there.
Old 07-09-05, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I received 2 copies of Alien CE instead of 1 copy of each Alien CE and Aliens CE. I emailed them and I think they're going to send me a mailer, but we'll see.
Old 07-09-05, 12:44 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
Minor problem with my backordered Crow Boxed set.

Got charged and a shipping e-mail last week. Today got an e-mail showing a new order with a zero balance.

Gave them a call, turns out it didn't ship out, so they refunded the full price to my card and will charge the full price (evens out to still 20% price since that's what the original charge was for) when it ships out again. They expect it back in on the 15th.
Got another shipping e-mail for it last night. Hopefully it really shipped this time.
Old 07-09-05, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 831 Likes on 612 Posts
I received a portion of my second order taday and they sent me the edited version of Batman Beyond the Return of the Joker instead of the unedited version of Return of the Joker. I sent them an e-mail. I hope they will let me exchange it because I opened the corner of the dvd before I had noticed that they had sent me the wrong version.
Old 07-09-05, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ernestrp
The estimated shipping for my missing shipment was 6/27/05 - 7/02/05. I first called on 7/5 and I was told to wait an extra 5 days because of the holiday. I thought she meant 5 days from the 5th but then she said to call back on 7/7 if it was not there.
I finally got it today one day past the estimated delivery date. I only have 7 more DVDs to worry about before I can close the book on this sale. Hopefully they will arrive early next week.
Old 07-09-05, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 831 Likes on 612 Posts
Originally Posted by lwhy?
I received a portion of my second order taday and they sent me the edited version of Batman Beyond the Return of the Joker instead of the unedited version of Return of the Joker. I sent them an e-mail. I hope they will let me exchange it because I opened the corner of the dvd before I had noticed that they had sent me the wrong version.
DDD just e-mailed me back they are going to send me the uncut version. They sent me a prepaid shipping label I just have to mail the edited version back and when they receive it they will send me the uncut version. I should get the uncut version about a month from now.
Old 07-09-05, 10:23 PM
Cool New Member

Hey guys, thanks for the help. They sent me a shipping label via email for my Matrix set.
Now I have what is probably a really stupid question, but having not done this before, can I just label it up and chuck it in a mail box? Or do I have to take it to the post office anyways? Thanks!
Old 07-09-05, 11:30 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the help. They sent me a shipping label via email for my Matrix set.
Now I have what is probably a really stupid question, but having not done this before, can I just label it up and chuck it in a mail box? Or do I have to take it to the post office anyways? Thanks!
Are you sending back the whole set or just one disc? If you're sending back the whole set then you have to give it to your mail carrier or take it to the post office and drop it off there. If it's just one disc then you can drop it in a mailbox.

Any package that weighs one pound or more must be taken to the post office in person or handed to your mail carrier.
Old 07-10-05, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by matome
Ordered Eastwood's The Beguiled and ended up with 10 Minute Solution: Carb Burner I got through to CS rep pretty quickly, who issued me a mailing label to send it back. I've heard horror stories of these swaps taking weeks and weeks, so we'll see.
Shipped out my replacement on Friday, so I'm a happy camper.
Old 07-10-05, 03:54 PM
Cool New Member

[quote]Are you sending back the whole set or just one disc? If you're sending back the whole set then you have to give it to your mail carrier or take it to the post office and drop it off there. If it's just one disc then you can drop it in a mailbox.

Any package that weighs one pound or more must be taken to the post office in person or handed to your mail carrier.[\quote]

yeah its the whole box. thanks a lot, i'll guess i;ll head down there on monday