Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

30GB iPod Photo @ CircuitCity.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-05, 05:07 PM
Li

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Circuit City appearently has the 30GB iPod Photo on sale for $269.99, however, it is "temporarily out of stock" at every possible location (online or pick-up). The 60GB iPod Photo is available (for 399.99) but I don’t think I need that much space or want to pay the extra money for it.

It does say "web only special" but if I went into the store do you think they'd honor the price? I believe I did buy a TV in-store for the "web special" price a year or so ago, but...

If not, is there any other store who would likely price match Circuit City for this price?
Old 06-28-05, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EDITED: It appears that Apple is not going to continue making this model. I'd be careful in buying as it seems that once Apple discontinues a certain Ipod model, it can be difficult getting support for it. Apple's New Ipod Lineup

Could it be that they are discontinuing this model and thus they want to get rid of them?

Last edited by dvd-fanman; 06-28-05 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-30-05, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by dvd-fanman
EDITED: It appears that Apple is not going to continue making this model. I'd be careful in buying as it seems that once Apple discontinues a certain Ipod model, it can be difficult getting support for it. Apple's New Ipod Lineup

Could it be that they are discontinuing this model and thus they want to get rid of them?
Why would it be difficult getting support for a discontinued item? Apple offers a year warranty on the Ipod upon purchase.

If for some reason they need to replace it and there is no stock whatsoever of that item, they will upgrade you to a comparable product in their Ipod line.
Old 06-30-05, 05:01 PM
Li

That deal ended but I ordered 2 from buy.com for $275 each (one for me and the other for my brother). About $50 more than I sold my Dell for (which froze constantly) but it has 10 more gigs and a color screen.
Old 06-30-05, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by juanmgonzalez
Why would it be difficult getting support for a discontinued item? Apple offers a year warranty on the Ipod upon purchase.

If for some reason they need to replace it and there is no stock whatsoever of that item, they will upgrade you to a comparable product in their Ipod line.
I know folks who have had difficulty getting support and being able to purchase compatible accessories from Apple for recently discountinued products. It seems once the products are out of their normal line-up any accessories that are specific to that product are immediately shut off as well.