Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Circuit City price matching policy

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 06-28-05, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went by Circuit City yesterday to purchase a couple of items. I didn't want to make 2 stops so I took the Best Buy add to price match Mulan. I took my items and Mulan to the counter and showed the cashier the add. She took it to the Customer Service Rep. and the CSR looked kinda irrate about it 'cause CC is selling it for $20.00 and the add has it for $8.99. The CSR then proceeds to make a call to Best Buy and informs me that she can't price match it because BB doesn't have it in stock. I say that no where does it say that that is their poicy and that the sign on the wall says they'll match it 110%. She refuses so I leave all my items and leave upset. Is this right? Is there anything I can do? Anyone I can contact? Thanks for your time.
Old 06-28-05, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by skyraker
I went by Circuit City yesterday to purchase a couple of items. I didn't want to make 2 stops so I took the Best Buy add to price match Mulan. I took my items and Mulan to the counter and showed the cashier the add. She took it to the Customer Service Rep. and the CSR looked kinda irrate about it 'cause CC is selling it for $20.00 and the add has it for $8.99. The CSR then proceeds to make a call to Best Buy and informs me that she can't price match it because BB doesn't have it in stock. I say that no where does it say that that is their poicy and that the sign on the wall says they'll match it 110%. She refuses so I leave all my items and leave upset. Is this right? Is there anything I can do? Anyone I can contact? Thanks for your time.
I believe that the conditions for pricematching at most major retailers are that the price must be advertised, and that the competitor must have it in stock. CC was following policy.
Old 06-28-05, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep. Their website says: "If you've seen a lower advertised price from another local store with the same item in stock, we want to know about it."

You should go over to Best Buy and ask for a raincheck on the item.
Old 06-29-05, 03:51 AM

No problem price matching Mulan at my CC, $7.89.
Old 06-29-05, 09:43 PM
Cool New Member

What you could have done is buy it at regular price and then price match it later that day or the next day. I know some people will do it after the transaction, but I would think it would really annoy that person, so I would wait until the next day.
Old 06-29-05, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Faust
What you could have done is buy it at regular price and then price match it later that day or the next day. I know some people will do it after the transaction, but I would think it would really annoy that person, so I would wait until the next day.
If I price match at BestBuy I buy at the register and then immediately walk over to customer service to do the PMing. BB is too far away to go back or the next day. I like instant gratification when it comes to PMing. LOL (Well, I guess it's somewhat delayed since I need to walk to the CS desk, but you know what I mean.)
Old 06-29-05, 11:22 PM

When I have PM'd I have done it right at the checkout register w/o any problems - so done right away - one stop.
Old 06-30-05, 01:38 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by forumsmy
When I have PM'd I have done it right at the checkout register w/o any problems - so done right away - one stop.
You could...but often you don't get the extra 10% off the difference.
Old 07-01-05, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Crap like this is a HIGH YMMV.....go back later, go to another CC, etc etc...you'll get a different response EVERY time....
Old 07-02-05, 05:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by eau
You could...but often you don't get the extra 10% off the difference.

And that 10 to 30 cents adds up over time...