Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

RewardZone Members Check Points Carefully!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-05, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a warning to RewardZone members. Make sure to check your points VERY carefully to be sure that you are getting all Bonus offers you are entitled to.

Back in May I was sent a coupon for double reward zone points for the highest eligible item on one transaction. Those points from that receipt that I used the coupon on have officially posted and I had not seen the bonus show up as a "BONUS" entry on the RewardZone site. I had to send them an email and they credited me the proper amount of points for the offer.

Recently there was the 5,000 bonus points for purchases on June 11, 12, 13 of $25 or more in-store. All of the video game pre-order bonuses they have should also be showing up as well.

In the past many of the bonuses have posted correctly, like the Alfie DVD double points program, but these seem to not be posting correctly. Be aware and make sure you're getting all the points you are entitled to.

I'm not sure if they should show up in the pending transactions, but they most certainly should show up after the official points have posted in your account.
Old 06-22-05, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dvd-fanman
Recently there was the 5,000 bonus points for purchases on June 11, 12, 13 of $25 or more in-store. All of the video game pre-order bonuses they have should also be showing up as well.
still waiting for these BONUS points from father's day i think it was. i'm also waiting on another "pending" purchase that i made on 5/24. i called up asking why the transaction was on my history but no point value. they said that i have to wait 30 days and then call if they don't show.

by the time some of my purchases are made, take 30 days to show up, take another 30 days for "pending", and then take another 3-6 weeks to show up at my mailbox, i wonder if this program is all worth it sometimes...
Old 06-22-05, 03:42 PM
Banned

I've always got my bonus points when i was expecting them and even when i wasn't! Thus far, I've gotten $100 in coupons since joining a little over a year ago. No problems here.
Old 06-23-05, 12:46 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Dosn't it take upto 30 days to sometimes post and 'clear'?
Old 06-23-05, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Dosn't it take upto 30 days to sometimes post and 'clear'?
Yes, however, the bonus points should show up as pending as well I believe.
Old 06-24-05, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How do you guys find out about these bonus point things? I never get any messages or anything, have the time I just happen to find out, like when I got 5 dollars of the Lois and Clark set.
Old 06-24-05, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Green Smurf
How do you guys find out about these bonus point things? I never get any messages or anything, have the time I just happen to find out, like when I got 5 dollars of the Lois and Clark set.
Sometimes they are in the weekly ads, on the reward zone website, listed in store, on pre-order video game cards in the video game section and sometimes in emails or in your BestBuy credit card statement.
Old 06-26-05, 05:43 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dvd-fanman
My purchase (over $25) is showing up as pending but not the bonus points. I wonder if the 5,000 bonus points promotion was good for targeted members only (through e/mail) or for the general members?
Old 06-26-05, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by eau
My purchase (over $25) is showing up as pending but not the bonus points. I wonder if the 5,000 bonus points promotion was good for targeted members only (through e/mail) or for the general members?
I believe this was posted on the Rewardzone site under the offers menu, so I would assume that it was a general offer to all members. I'd write to them myself to ask them about the allocation of bonus points, but they've heard from me so much in the past few weeks, they'd probably not answer! LOL

My main question is, do the bonus points show up after the points are POSTED to the account, or should they show up in the PENDING points that have yet to post?

If they supposedly show up after, we have some more time to wait, if they should be showing up as pending as well, then there's a problem, because I don't have them either.
Old 06-26-05, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I inquired about some bonus points the other day and was told that bonus points appear 30 days after the date of the transaction.
Old 06-27-05, 02:40 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

When I bought the Star Wars Episode III soundtrack CD with the double points offer last month, the bonus points appeared with the pending main purchase.
Old 06-30-05, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Deleted

Last edited by Manzana; 08-23-05 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-30-05, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
I have sort of a related issue.I noticed when i look at my account that they are issuing a $20 RZ certificate to me for the 300,000 points i earned when i bought a TV.Well i don't know if they are trying to pull a fast one or not but 300,000 point equals a hell of a lot more than $20 back in certs.
If i receive the cert and it's not the right amount,they will be getting a call from me for sure.