Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy actually comes through w/ good service....

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 05-07-05, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,375 Likes on 936 Posts

I purchased a Kenwood MP3 car deck about 2 1/2 years ago. It was $500, so I got the PSP. Well, it just crapped out on me. During the process of 2 moves, the receipt got lost. I called the main number, asked for a copy, and they are going to mail it out to me on Monday.

Hopefully now trying to get the deck fixed will be as easy.
Old 05-09-05, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had terrible luck with the Service Plan, but I hope yours will go smoothly.

I had purchased a cell phone at best buy, and figured that since it's a phone, odds are it'll break at some point. Bought the plan, 1-1.5 years later, the antenna breaks, and Best Buy refused to replace the phone. I ended up having to call AT&T (who replaced it overnight for $15 I think).

birrman54
Old 05-09-05, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Well, I got even better news (sort of). I had forgotten that the on original purchase of this car stereo, I had to replace it 2 weeks later because it just mysteriously stopped working. I called up to get the newer receipt, and they didn't have that. However, they did give me the transaction number and information that I can take to the store and have them look it up there. Now I don't have to wait a week or so to get the receipt copy to get the service work done.
Old 05-10-05, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Well, I knew it was too good to be true. I took it to the store I bought it at. Took them forever just to take out the deck, despite having the car in the bay for about an hour and working exclusively on it.

Then, I lug the deck up to the service deck and told that they are sending it in for repair (which I highly doubt they can fix) and it will take 2 - 4 weeks. Fuckers.
Old 05-11-05, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,033 Likes on 1,572 Posts
You should probably change the title of your thread....
Old 05-12-05, 09:21 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Best Buy 'actually' comes through with good service. So normally 9 out of 10 times you shop its horriable? C'mon.
Old 05-13-05, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Best Buy 'actually' comes through with good service. So normally 9 out of 10 times you shop its horriable? C'mon.
No. It's nor horriable (sic). I never used to have a problem there, but it seems more and more they are more concerned about selling me services than actual things.