Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

has anyone tried intelliflix?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-02, 02:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anybody try dvdbarn.com yet?

Just wondering if anyone tried dvdbarn.com? If so, how good or bad does their system work? How long do you usually wait for dvd's to arrive and turnaround time?
Old 01-12-05, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beware Of Intelliflix / Dvdbarn

This is the worst DVD Rental ever. I live in Arizona and my movies still came late (it took at least 3 Days). I could have walked to their location, picked up my movies, watched the movies and walked them back in less time. The Unfortunate truth is that I am not kidding about this. Also when I cancelled my account they sent me a bill for $25.00 for a DVD they lost. I reported it lost but they still charged me for it. Read the fine print everyone. YOU are responsible for a lost DVD, not Intelliflix and you must pay for the DVD. They review every lost DVD with skepticism. What's up with that? It is obvious that Intelliflix does not trust the Customers they deal with. I have rented from at least 12 Online DVD Rentals and have never run into a policy as ridiculous as this. Every other DVD Rental has it in their policy that lost DVDs happen and the Customer will not be billed for the DVD. Believe it or not if you rent enough "mailed" in movies they get lost. I have lost 3 DVDs out of 300 (to 400) DVDs that I have rented. The Intelliflix policy is below:
Lost / Delayed Medias
It is the members responsibility to report medias as delayed. All items reported as lost are dealt with sceptisism. A problem media will not be removed from a users account until it has been reported by the user. This includes final rentals that are being returned during the 14-day grace period after a membership cancellation.
Membership Cancellation
Members may cancel at any time. Membership cancellation takes effect at the end of your current billing cycle. Refunds for unused portions of a membership will NOT be given. Upon cancellation, a member will have 14 days beyond his end of membership to return any DVDs that may still be outstanding. If the member does not return the DVDs within the 14 day period, then the account WILL be charged for the replacement cost of the outstanding medias. Replacement charge is $25.00 per media.

DO NOT RENT FROM INTELLIFLIX.
Old 01-13-05, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DBoy
...All items reported as lost are dealt with sceptisism.
That line right there (nevr mind the misspelling) would be reason enough for me not to even consider them. LOL, I bet every customer who cancels a membership probably has their last discs end up "lost" and charged.
Old 04-07-05, 05:04 PM

I currently use netflix but intelliflix seems less money and they have games and ahem mature content (lol) are they any good or is it a rip off.
Old 04-07-05, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

they're horrible..there's been a few threads on them..don't waste your time.
Old 04-08-05, 08:39 AM

I have not tied them But I have tried them, I am on there superpass plan. Cheap as hell. I get 3 to 5 dvds a week, plenty for me. And I can get mature movies AND games for my ps2 whenever I want. Whats the problem here? I have had 2 broken dvds and they replaced them, no charges. One got lost in the mail, I reported it and they said they will put a note in so im not charged. ive had one delay where a dvd took 8 days, but i just reported it coming back so i got another movie right away. people who complain are the ones that dont report stuff to them so they get charged money when they cancel
Old 04-08-05, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ramus
I have not tied them But I have tried them, I am on there superpass plan. Cheap as hell. I get 3 to 5 dvds a week, plenty for me. And I can get mature movies AND games for my ps2 whenever I want. Whats the problem here?
The question posed in the above section of your post is answered in the below section of your post.

Originally Posted by Ramus
I have had 2 broken dvds and they replaced them, no charges. One got lost in the mail, I reported it and they said they will put a note in so im not charged. ive had one delay where a dvd took 8 days, but i just reported it coming back so i got another movie right away. people who complain are the ones that dont report stuff to them so they get charged money when they cancel
Old 04-11-05, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Judging from the all negative feedback from these other Intelliflix threads, the needle definitely seems to be pointing to the SUCKS side:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ht=intelliflix

Old 04-12-05, 01:15 AM

I had been satisfied with them until last week.
I was figuring with the $8.25 a month Superpass I only needed to get nine DVDs to beat the best rate I could get at a local video store. DVDs were taking between two and four days each way with one DVD taking six days arrive. Not great but not terrible.

Now since last Monday they have not sent me any new DVDs. I have returned two and they have been recevied by Intelliflix. I have a third on the way back that I returned on Friday. I had 44 DVDs in my queue last Monday and then Thursday I added 29 more for a total of 73 DVDs and apparently none of them are in.
Old 04-16-05, 05:34 PM

Is Intelliflix really better than Netflix?

I have seen ads where Intelliflix claims to be faster than Netflix, have more titles available than Netflix, and work 6 days a week instead of Netflix' 5, but are they really better than Netflix? I really don't see how they can claim to offer more titles than Netflix, when Intelliflix is missing so many TV shows, and don't offer all the seasons of many shows. Some shows skip from season 1 to season 4, and they don't offer many popular titles that Netflix does offer...In other words, Intelliflix looks like a mess when compared to Netflix, so how can they claim to be a better service?
Old 04-16-05, 05:55 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Except for new members who reg the day they post (or within a few days) I have heard nothing but bad things about them. Not just little things, there are some people who hate this company. I would not even give them my credit card.
Old 04-16-05, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The consensus is that Intelliflix sucks hard. This question has been asked many times in the store forum.

Old 04-27-05, 08:59 PM

Intelliflix Review

I've been a member for one month, April. During this month I was able to get a total of nine DVDs. All of which had been released previous to the middle of March or significantly earlier, even though the top of my queue was top heavy with their rather meager list "new releases".

After complaining during this "honeymoon" period of the first month, my last expected film shipped was from the very end of my queue, Dracula (1979) - instead I received Dracula (1932).

Their support was neither on topic, nor able to address any significant issues.

Their coming soon list has a total of five DVDs listed, and until this week Hotel Rwanda was not a selection. Primer is not a selection, nor is Assassination of Richard Nixon. Don't even imagine getting foreign films.

Searching for DVDs is bug ridden, and often results in blank pages.

The turn-around from the DC area is at best a snails pace.

Full ranking ( 5, best - 1, Worst ):

Availability of New Releases 1
Time to Ship 1 ( NJ to DC )
Selection 1 ( Actually non-existent )
Support 2
Price 1 ( about $2 per DVD )
Web-site Usability 1 ( BUGS! )

At 16+ dollars for their three at a time option, I feel totally ripped-off and thankful I did not try their sucker, er, super pass.

Strongly recommend stearing clear, to paraphrase Woody Allen - The Food is Bad, and the Portions are Small
Old 04-27-05, 09:00 PM

Intelliflix Review

I've been a member for one month, April. During this month I was able to get a total of nine DVDs. All of which had been released previous to the middle of March or significantly earlier, even though the top of my queue was top heavy with their rather meager list "new releases".

After complaining during this "honeymoon" period of the first month, my last expected film shipped was from the very end of my queue, Dracula (1979) - instead I received Dracula (1932).

Their support was neither on topic, nor able to address any significant issues.

Their coming soon list has a total of five DVDs listed, and until this week Hotel Rwanda was not a selection. Primer is not a selection, nor is Assassination of Richard Nixon. Don't even imagine getting foreign films.

Searching for DVDs is bug ridden, and often results in blank pages.

The turn-around from the DC area is at best a snails pace.

Full ranking ( 5, best - 1, Worst ):

Availability of New Releases 1
Time to Ship 1 ( NJ to DC )
Selection 1 ( Actually non-existent )
Support 2
Price 1 ( about $2 per DVD )
Web-site Usability 1 ( BUGS! )

At 16+ dollars for their three at a time option, I feel totally ripped-off and thankful I did not try their sucker, er, super pass.

Strongly recommend stearing clear, to paraphrase Woody Allen - The Food is Bad, and the Portions are Small
Old 04-29-05, 06:07 PM

Intelliflix warning

I have one month of personal experience with this company. I feel compelled to write this warning to potential users: avoid Intelliflix.

Intelliflix has been offering a dirt cheap annual plan that comes out to $8.25 a month if you pay for one year in advance. This is a ploy to get your money up front since you will want to quit this company within weeks of joining.

Once you join, you set up a queue like any other online DVD rental company. However, with Intelliflix, there is no way to determine what the availability is on any DVD. Every other DVD rental in creation has a way of telling you if there are any copies available; not Intelliflix. I quickly set up a list of over 80 movies and I started receiving random movies in the middle of my list. So, the first 40 weren't available? There is no way to tell.

Mailing from this company is a nightmare. Why can Blockbuster deliver in 2 or 3 days, Netflix in 1 or 2 days, but Intelliflix takes 3 to 7 days? Then, after I've returned the DVD, it takes another 7 days for their system to show that I did return the DVD. Come on, these DVDs must be sitting in a big mail pile for a couple of days before they register that they were returned. This delays you from receiving your next DVD.

The biggest scam this company has is "missing" DVDs. In one month, they have mailed me 8 DVDs and 2 of them never arrived. The company charges $25 for missing DVDs. I've rented over 200 movies from Netflix and not a single one was lost in the mail. But with Intelliflix, 25% of the movies sent have been "lost" before it arrived. Based on similar experiences from other users I have seen posted on the net, I think that this is either a blatant attempt to supplement their business income by claiming movies were sent, or the mailing system is so incompetent that they lose track of which moves were sent. Either way, this is a scam. The attorney general of New Jersey went after Blockbuster for their "no late fees" advertising ... I believe a similar investigation needs to be completed on this company to determine if it is their business practice to "lose" DVDs and charge their customers $25 to supplement their DVD rental fees.

Should the company try to scam you for $25 for a movie that never arrived, contest the charge with your credit card company and report the incident to your local Better Business Bureau.

I predict this company will be out of business before the end of the year.

So, don't say you weren't warned.
Old 06-01-05, 06:00 PM

Why the bad vibes?

I’ve been an Intelliflix customer since last year and have never had a problem with them. I’ve got an annual subscription with their SuperPass thing and it’s great. I’d do it again in a heartbeat and I recommend them to all my friends. I think the negative comments on here are way out of whack – people only write in when they’re upset usually, you know?

Anyway, Intelliflix is great – games plus movies and they’re cheaper than anyone!!
Old 06-01-05, 06:03 PM

Intelliflix is great!

I’ve been an Intelliflix customer since last year and have never had a problem with them. I can’t speak about the DVD Barn company because I joined after that. But, I’ve got an annual subscription with their SuperPass thing and it’s great. I’d do it again in a heartbeat and I recommend them to all my friends. I think the negative comments on here are way out of whack – people only write in when they’re upset usually, you know?

Anyway, Intelliflix is great – games plus movies and they’re cheaper than anyone!!
Old 06-03-05, 02:10 PM

Message must have gotten through...

Sounds like this company listened, they changed their policy on lost items:

It is the members responsibility to return all media to Intelliflix and to report medias as delayed, either during the time a title is shipped to the user, or during the process of returning the title to Intelliflix. We understand that occasionally items are lost in the mail. However, if lost items become excessive, determined solely by Intelliflix, there will be a replacement fee of $25 per DVD lost and $50 per game lost. A problem media will be removed from a users account once it has been reported by the user. This includes final rentals that are being returned during the 14-day grace period after a membership cancellation.

What do you know? A company who actually listens to their customers?!
Old 06-03-05, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by secondbestdad
I’ve been an Intelliflix customer since last year and have never had a problem with them. I’ve got an annual subscription with their SuperPass thing and it’s great. I’d do it again in a heartbeat and I recommend them to all my friends. I think the negative comments on here are way out of whack – people only write in when they’re upset usually, you know?

What a plug, first post too!
Old 06-03-05, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Originally Posted by Gasspasser
What a plug, first post too!
Hmm... seems like all the new members with one post love Intelliflix! that convinces me!

(of course, if you really are just a new member who's decided to defend Intelliflix, and not someone working for them or something, I apologize... but there does seem to be a trend here...)
Old 06-03-05, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

they like to plug their worthless service (have done a many times in the past)..closing this thread as i'm not sure if thats really a user who has had no problems or if it's a shill....