Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Questions about Deep Discount DVD

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 04-03-05, 09:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am very impressed with the prices at Deep Discount DVD (escapilly the X-Files Seasons 2 and 3 at 53 dollars! This will be my first time ordering at the website next month for X-Files Season Sets. I have some questions about Deep Discount DVD before I order them next month.

1. How is the packing?

2. How is the customer service?

3. When do you usually get the DVDs after ordering?

Thank you for your help!
Old 04-03-05, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DVDFreaker

1. How is the packing?

Thank you for your help!
#1- packaging is good. Every order, whether it be a single disk or box set, has been packaged in a brown folding box. Grade A for packaging.

#2- I only had 1 issue with a shipment. I didn't receive it. I think it was a postal (USPS) problem, not DDD. I called a DDD CSR and they shipped out a replacement.

#3- If you do the free shipping method, expect 1-3 days to process the order, and 10 business days from time of Shipment to reach your door. Note: If you are shipping to an address other than your billing address, make sure you contact your Credit Card company and tell them to add the "other" address. DDD should check on the legit of the shipping address with the Credit Card co. YMMV. It may take another processing day for these types of shipments.

My Comments:
You usually don't know if the item is in stock until AFTER you place the order. So, if there is a backorder, DDD will ship the item (s) when they receive it. DDD does NOT hold orders for complete shipments, as far as I have experienced in the past.

I think your #2 question will vary among us here at dvdtalk.
If you are patient and don't mind waiting for up to a total of 1-15 business days for your DVD's, then I would reccommend DDD
Old 04-03-05, 10:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 68ShelbyGT500KR
#1- packaging is good. Every order, whether it be a single disk or box set, has been packaged in a brown folding box. Grade A for packaging.

#2- I only had 1 issue with a shipment. I didn't receive it. I think it was a postal (USPS) problem, not DDD. I called a DDD CSR and they shipped out a replacement.

#3- If you do the free shipping method, expect 1-3 days to process the order, and 10 business days from time of Shipment to reach your door. Note: If you are shipping to an address other than your billing address, make sure you contact your Credit Card company and tell them to add the "other" address. DDD should check on the legit of the shipping address with the Credit Card co. YMMV. It may take another processing day for these types of shipments.

My Comments:
You usually don't know if the item is in stock until AFTER you place the order. So, if there is a backorder, DDD will ship the item (s) when they receive it. DDD does NOT hold orders for complete shipments, as far as I have experienced in the past.

I think your #2 question will vary among us here at dvdtalk.
If you are patient and don't mind waiting for up to a total of 1-15 business days for your DVD's, then I would reccommend DDD
I forgot to ask, do they accept money orders since I don't have a credit card? What does YMMV mean? Thanks for the quicky reply!
Old 04-03-05, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 841 Likes on 619 Posts
They have a bill me later payment plan where they send you a bill and I guess you could pay it by check or money order. YMMV= Your Mileage May Vary. I have had many many purchases with ddd. The only problem I had was a defective disc. They must have received a bad batch and two replacement copies were bad. The third replacement copy they shipped work perfectly though.

Last edited by lwhy?; 04-03-05 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-03-05, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary
Old 04-03-05, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I forgot to ask, do they accept money orders since I don't have a credit card? What does YMMV mean? Thanks for the quicky reply!
YMMV=Your Mileage may Vary

No Money orders per: http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/help_3.cfm#11
Look at the "Bill me Later" option, it may help your situation. I haven't used it, though.
Old 04-03-05, 10:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 68ShelbyGT500KR
YMMV=Your Mileage may Vary

No Money orders per: http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/help_3.cfm#11
Look at the "Bill me Later" option, it may help your situation. I haven't used it, though.
I don't know about the Bill Me Later option because what if I order it and got a bill but they still don't accept money orders, I would have been screwed. Besides Amazon.com (It's not a bad website but the prices are too high), is there any other DVD websites that accepts money orders?
Old 04-03-05, 10:40 AM

I don't know about the Bill Me Later option because what if I order it and got a bill but they still don't accept money orders, I would have been screwed. Besides Amazon.com (It's not a bad website but the prices are too high), is there any other DVD websites that accepts money orders?
I think it's different when using the Bill Me Later option because then you're paying them, and usually you do that through mail with a check or money order. I would call beforehand to make sure.

I have recieved some damaged box sets but not bad; then again I just have bad luck with box sets. The Omen set was a little dented at the top, but their packing IS good, almost all my stuff arrives in perfect shape. It's just a risk you take with shipping stuff.
Old 04-03-05, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. How is the packing?

Thank you for your help!
1. As DVDFreaker said, packing is good.

2. Haven't needed them, but I like the fact that they lurk around here and sometimes respond to posts when there's an issue.

3. I ordered two DVD's from them on 3-23 and they arrived 4-1.
Old 04-04-05, 02:22 PM
Cool New Member

problem accessing website

Hello there,
I seem to be having tech difficulties accessing the DDD website. The site won't respond. Is anyone else having the same problem?
Old 04-04-05, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 188 Likes on 130 Posts
I am very impressed with the prices at Deep Discount DVD (escapilly the X-Files Seasons 2 and 3 at 53 dollars! This will be my first time ordering at the website next month for X-Files Season Sets. I have some questions about Deep Discount DVD before I order them next month.

1. How is the packing?

Thank you for your help!
I've had many positive buying experiences with DDD.

1) Reasonable packing. When you only get 1 or 2 DVDs in 1 order, sometimes they're crammed into a small cardboard box, with very little protective packing. A couple of times DVDs arrived loose/damaged -- DDD gave me no trouble in replacing the disk.

2) Customer service is very good. Problems/questions have always been handled in a reasonable amount of time (I can't say the same for Amazon).

3) It varies. They overestimate the Free shipping time -- about a week is typical. I've noticed the bigger the order, the faster the shipping (once I ordered about 20 DVDs, and they were delivered in a couple days, even though I picked the free shipping option).
Old 04-04-05, 06:09 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I ordered X-Files seasons 2-8 from them. They shipped them promptly, packaging was good. But 2 of my box sets the DVD's fell out of them. I think it was the manufactures fault. The tines in the middle that hold the DVD in place were broke. Over all good service.
Old 04-05-05, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Does anyone know exactly how their price-matching works? I emailed them according to their specifications with the link and shipping costs of a dvd at BestBuy.com. Do they automatically lower the price on their site after the price is verified? Or is it only on your order, and I need to go ahead and order it and get the price adjusted?
Old 04-05-05, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shagrath
Does anyone know exactly how their price-matching works? I emailed them according to their specifications with the link and shipping costs of a dvd at BestBuy.com. Do they automatically lower the price on their site after the price is verified? Or is it only on your order, and I need to go ahead and order it and get the price adjusted?
they'll reply to your e-mail with a confirm # and then you call their customer service # to PM. It's a pretty simple process.
Old 04-06-05, 11:16 AM

1. How is the packing?

Thank you for your help!
1. A simple cardboard mailer for single DVDs and cardboard boxes with no packing for multiple DVDS. I have ordered hundreds of DVDs from them and haven't had any damaged. Only a couple of the discs were loose in their cases.
2. Haven't had to call them yet. A couple of times they sent me DVDs that I didn't order (along with the ones I did order) and twice they have sent me more than one copy of a DVD I ordered. Email response was ok (usually within 24 hours) and their return system is painless (they send you a shipping label via email). All in all, no complaints.
3. I usually order my DVDs on Wednesday and usually get them by Friday of the FOLLOWING week. The free shipping is great, but if you are in a hurry get the 3 day shipping.
Old 04-07-05, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you are on the West Coast, be prepared to wait and wait.

I've had packages take a month to arrive.
Old 04-07-05, 08:00 AM
JAA
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JP5683
If you are on the West Coast, be prepared to wait and wait.

I've had packages take a month to arrive.
. . . and if you're in the midwest, you may have your order in 3-4 days. I've generally not had to wait longer than a week for any of my (many) orders.