DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   1800 Flowers is NO GOOD! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/409839-1800-flowers-no-good.html)

dean 02-15-05 04:57 AM

1800 Flowers is NO GOOD!

I ordered flowers a month ago for my wife from 1800 Flowers for Valentines Day. Today they ended up not coming. After calling 3 different times and talking to different csr (and staying on hold over an hour), I finally find out that the flowers will not be coming because they ran out of flowers. I told them that this was unacceptable and they pretty much just told me sorry. Now I have to hear about this for the next year. They didn't offer me anything other than a refund. I can't believe they weren't even going to call me to let me knowd that the flowers were not coming. I can understand that it was Valentines Day, but if they ran out of flowers when was I suppost to find out. If they knew and told me I could have made other arrangements.

I found the deal on the site and figured that I just order the flowers in advance but that didn't seem to work. I told them that I would NEVER order from them again and they still didn't do anything for me. Just wanted everyone to know of the experience and how they treated people.

mkdevo 02-15-05 05:56 AM

from this thread:

Using online flower services sounds like a great fucking idea, I know, my Valentine is pretty far away at the moment. But if you’re just one of those cocks who’s too lazy to go to the florist and hand pick what you’re giving to your sweetheart for V-Day, you might want to order a pizza instead. Most of these bouquets don’t look half as full as the online photo (think: McDonalds…nothing looks like the picture, dammit), and if it gets there in one piece, you still have better probability than not that they didn’t even get the order right. Online flower services SUCK. Get off of your ass and pick that shit by hand, Mr. Romance.
oh, and this should probably go here.

hytec 02-15-05 06:24 AM

this is a pretty HOT DEAL! i ordered 2! thanks for the heads up!

:rolleyes:

scanman20 02-15-05 08:02 AM

No deal here but I agree, 1800flowers sucks big time. Few years ago I ordered roses and when they arrived, they looked half dead. Their customer disservice didn't give a crap and didn't want to do anything about it.

movieguru 02-15-05 08:07 AM

You can return the flowers to the florist that delivered them and pick out new ones if you're not satisfied. My mother does this all the time when she receives delivered flowers.

If youre not picking up flowers directly from the florist they usually try and stiff you because they know most people will not go back and exchange them.

pilot 02-15-05 08:29 AM

I ordered flowers for my mother from 1800flowers last year I believe..and they ended up freezing before she got them (they sat outside..they don't deliver (UPS/Fedex them to the state next door, but to her state they do, which is dumb) anyways she called and they re-ordered them (free of charge) and had a florist deliver new ones..seems weird they wouldn't do something to make up for the mistake..

SunMonkey 02-15-05 08:37 AM

I arranged for flowers to be delivered on an aniversary from a local florist once when I was going to be out of town. They arrived three days late with no explaination. When I got back in town, I stopped by to ask what happened. The owner listened to my story, and then said he would look into it and get back to me. I looked at him and nicely asked if he would then want my name and phone number. He shrugged and said sure. Never heard back from him, and never shopped at that florist again. Anyway, local florists can be just as bad.

On a side note, Proflowers' customer service is top notch. A couple years ago I ordered a dozen roses, and two of them didn't last the week as promised (although they looked really nice for V-Day). I emailed them about it and they refunded the entire price (or I could have received another dozen free) and appologized.

renaldow 02-15-05 11:01 AM

Always use FTD.com.

Shap 02-15-05 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by renaldow
Always use FTD.com.

Except for that they lie. Despite the fact that their website says that deliveries on Monday are ALWAYS delivered by a local florist, it isn't the case. I ordered flowers for Valentine's day, and every page up to and including the order confirmation page had this delivery method, but when I placed the order, the receipt magically changed to UPS/FedEx delivery.

GuessWho 02-15-05 04:11 PM

My FTD.com order for a dozen RED roses showed up yesterday as a dozen mixed-color roses. I called and after being on hold for 41 minutes I was told that that's an acceptable substitution and I will be sent a $10 coupon for my dissatisfaction.

SlingshotBandit 02-15-05 04:54 PM

I went FTD.com, and added a balloon with the roses and vase.

They sent my girlfriend a Happy Birthday balloon. WTF?! Luckily, she thought it was funny. (That's my girl.) But I spent $100 on these, and I would like to see nothing but the best $100 could by. She said I should try and get a refund? Anybody know how feasible that would be?

Lateralus 02-15-05 07:54 PM

I have had nothing but success with 1-800 flowers, I guess it is based on how good your local 1800 florist is.

namlook 02-15-05 08:10 PM

Ordering flowers on Valentines Day seems to be a crapshoot at many places. I ordered 100 roses for an incredible price of $100 from a place I had never used before and luckily mine were delivered as promised. Whew. My girlfriend now has a dozen roses in every room of her house and I got a big thank you.

phatboy 02-15-05 10:28 PM

Proflowers BY far always seems to have the best prices & selections and I've NEVER had a problem with them not delivering on time. This Valentines was my 8th purchase in the past 3 years.

kms_md 02-16-05 10:20 AM

i have had several bad experiences with 1800flowers -- mostly involving roses, all involving direct deliveries from 1800flowers (late delivery, wrong delivery, dead/poor appearing flowers). when they have used a local florist, i have not had any problems. i will not use them anymore for roses, but i would consider using them for floral arrangements.

kms

reverie 02-16-05 01:32 PM

Outside of going to a florist (which I do probably 75% of the time), the only place I've used is Proflowers.com, and I've never once been unhappy with the service or product.

spartanstew 02-16-05 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by dean
Now I have to hear about this for the next year.

Sounds like a real great wife you have there.

Stew

movieguru 02-16-05 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by SlingshotBandit
I went FTD.com, and added a balloon with the roses and vase.

They sent my girlfriend a Happy Birthday balloon. WTF?! Luckily, she thought it was funny. (That's my girl.) But I spent $100 on these, and I would like to see nothing but the best $100 could by. She said I should try and get a refund? Anybody know how feasible that would be?

well. if you paid with a credit card you could disputer the charge. At the very least any dispute initaiated costs the retail about a $10.00 fee from what I've heard.

thechozenone 02-16-05 08:53 PM

The only place I've found to be 100% reliable is Proflowers.com I've used them for 3 years with virtually no issues and their customer service is top notch. In fact, the only issue I've ever had was this past Monday when the FREE vase they sent was broken. Even though it was free the CSR gave me a $10 refund:)

Heat 02-16-05 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by dean
...I finally find out that the flowers will not be coming because they ran out of flowers.
They didn't offer me anything other than a refund...

Sure, act mad in front of your wife, but they just saved you $50 or $60 bucks.

Are you really mad?

dremo 02-17-05 11:18 AM

I had a similar problem with 800flowers a couple years ago. I was at college and sent my girl some flowers. When I talked to her she said that she didn't get anything. I called up 800flowers and they said that they did not have the flowers I ordered in stock. I never received any email or call telling me that. They did end up sending a different (more expensive) arrangement the next day. Like I said this was a couple years ago so they may not be sending out new arrangements. Since then I have used ProFlowers for all my ordering and have yet to be disappointed.

tazman1 02-18-05 07:21 AM

1800FLowers Does Suck

I had a problem with them last Valentine's Day, ordered @ $80 in roses and they died in a day. I called and complained to 3 CSR's and finally got a Manager on the phone after a good 45 minutes. The credited me for the flowers and sent new ones, which was nice, but I'm still not crazy about them.

Rex Fenestrarum 02-22-05 02:41 AM

I can't believe that people stull use FTD or any online service for flowers. ALWAYS call a local florist (that is, local to the location you're sending them to). FTD just operates a network of florists, and they charge the florists a fee for their services. Who pays for that fee? You do, either as an additional charge or a reduction in the quality\quantity of the flowers. 1800Flowers does the same thing fr many of their deliveries (in addition to shipping some flowers themselves). Any decent local florist will send quality stuff only and will charge you upfront for delivery (not take it out of the flowers).

Having said that, Proflowers.com is supposed to be pretty good, and I'm not saying that every local florist is perfect, either. But I think it's reasonable to say that your chances of getting better quality flowers come from a local florist than some huge dotcom that has no control over anything.

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I spent about a year in the florist business.

Oleg23 02-22-05 11:14 AM

What will happen If no one Is home where would flowers go?

pdutta2000 02-23-05 02:30 PM

ProFlowers rocks!! Haven't had a bad experience yet in 3 years of use (around 15 orders). They happen to have the best pricing as well.