Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Doh! Blockbuster rental always do this?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 02-05-05, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I sign up for blockbuster rental yesterday. I nicely prioritize a few box sets in order, all available. So I get shipping notice day. Gargoyles the Complete Season 1 Disc 2, Dukes of Hazzard Disc 4, Wonder Woman Disc 1.
Hello, who picking these? Is it best just to only put in one box set a time since it seems they ignore priority numbers and give them to you haphazardly?
Old 02-05-05, 11:44 PM

It's best to order them as a set rather than one at a time as I found out (when you order them all at once, it gets highlighted (or shaded)). I just ordered South Park, second season as a set and I got all 3 discs together. When I ordered Battlestar Galactica, they only sent disc 4 and had to wait until they got 5 and 6 because I ordered them one by one and placed them in order. I still haven't got discs 1-3 yet on that series yet (and I cancelled next month's membership).

The good part about Blockbuster compared to Netflix is that you have fewer DVDs to rent. For example, Wonder Woman, season one has 3 DVDs (2 are double sided). Blockbuster has them listed as 3 discs while Netflix has them listed as 5 discs. I don't know whether Netflix has them specially made (single sided) or if it's some error on their part but I'm not going to find out.
Old 02-07-05, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Even if you add them as a set, you sometimes get 'em shipped randomly from your queue.

I've been working my way through Star Trek: Next Generation at Blockbuster online. I get them quite randomly even though I added them to my queue as season sets. For example, my last eight shipments were: Season 4 - Discs 5, 6 and 7, Season 5 - Discs 5, 6 and 7, Season 6 - Disc 1 and Season 7 - Disc 1.
Old 02-07-05, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
This all sounds great - especially if you're renting 24.
Old 02-11-05, 02:15 PM

Wait, so if you rent a set, you get ti all at the same time? Like counting as one, of say, your three discs at a time?
Old 02-12-05, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You get them in random order, at least I do, no matter how you arrange them.
Old 02-12-05, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by madara
You get them in random order, at least I do, no matter how you arrange them.

Because BBV employees don't seem to pay attention to the volume numbers on the individual DVDs of box set rentals. I know the one I go to rarely has the right DVD behind the cover box, as if there are six cover boxes for 24 and all copies are the same and they are interchangeable. They do that ALL THE TIME. They just don't give a crap.
Old 02-12-05, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The box set discs I receive are always in order. Of course, bases on some here it doesn't happen for everyone.

Make sure when you put, say, disc 1 in your queue: put the whole set. It asks you on the page that comes up after putting disc 1 in the queue if you want to put the entire set in there. Just click the hyperlink and the whole set goes into your queue and is linked together.

It's up to BBV to send them in the right order.
Old 02-12-05, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mr Pixies
Wait, so if you rent a set, you get ti all at the same time? Like counting as one, of say, your three discs at a time?

No. Each disc counts as 1. So a three disc box set counts as three dvds out.

The posters are talking about linking them together so you can get them in order and not get disc 3 before disc 1.