Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever lose a DVD from Blockbuster.com Or Netflix?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 01-30-05, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not referring to you sending the disc back and it never arriving. I am talking about that you actually lost the disc. What did you do? Did BB or Netflix charge you for the cost of the disc?
Old 01-30-05, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No, I haven't, but it sounds like you have. They will charge you for the disk. What I'd do, though, is not say a word right now. Start looking for a replacement copy used (check pawn shops first) and send it in when you find one. No harm, no foul, and you won't pay MSRP.

Edit: Perhaps I should say that I don't know for a fact they will charge you, but I believe their policy says they will, and I'd be willing to bet it would be hard to talk them into swallowing the cost.
Old 01-30-05, 06:42 PM

If you're ok with lying just say it never showed up. You won't be charged if you haven't done it several times in the past. Of course the right thing would be to eat the cost yourself so it's up to you.

I've had a disc get lost in the mail before and they just sent out a replacement.
Old 01-30-05, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I appreciate the feedback. I believe it is in and around the house but have yet to find it. Almost as if it has legs and walked away kind of lost. I am hopeful of finding it. If not, I'll probably just eat it.
Old 01-30-05, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

woohoo...found it!

Seems like someone may have "borrowed" it without asking.
Old 01-31-05, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,376 Likes on 937 Posts
I had one lost by a family member from Netflix. I just sucked it up, and sent them an email telling them I lost it. I payed the retail price for it $20. MY suggestion is not to lie about something like this. If you have a few "lost in the mail" discs they start to investigate and can freeze your account and even cancel it. It's not worth the risk.
Old 01-31-05, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The good thing about Blockbuster that differs from Netflix is their option for discs that you did send back but have yet to clear the queue. You admit it was sent back but they just didn't get it. I like that feature.
Old 02-01-05, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,376 Likes on 937 Posts
Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
The good thing about Blockbuster that differs from Netflix is their option for discs that you did send back but have yet to clear the queue. You admit it was sent back but they just didn't get it. I like that feature.
Netflix has that too. Once you tell them it is lost, they'll clear it off your queue, IIRC.