Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

For those who bought "The Warner Gangster Collection" off DVD Empire...

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 01-23-05, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...Did you're box ship yet?

Why I am asking is, usually, Empire ships the title out the Friday before it is set to be released. However, my set did not ship out on Friday. I called up, they said they haven't recieved their stock yet, which has NEVER happened in the many orders I have placed with them. My order is still "open". On their front page, they've got it featured under "New Releases" along with AVP, Sky Captain, etc...

Why would they do this if they haven't even recieved their stock yet? It's also on their top 10 preorders.

I'm just a little worried, this is my most anticipated DVD box in a very long time, I would hate for it not to arrive this week. Hopefully you all can put me at ease, or soemthing. Thanks,

Lyle
Old 01-23-05, 09:58 PM

I ordered this through amazon, and the shipping estimate shows as Feb. 23 - March 9!! I chose the free shipping option over expedited, and I guess it's possible they got swamped with pre-orders and ran out of stock, but this is strange.

Also kind of strange concerning this set...my local independent video store always puts out new titles on Thursday the week before the street date. I went there Friday, and didn't see these DVDs- and they would definitely carry them. I didn't look too hard or ask about it, but it raises some questions. Has anybody received this set from anywhere yet, or seen a review?

FWIW, I'm also eagerly awaiting it. What a fantastic collection. Praise Warners!!! (even if we have to wait a little while for it)
Old 01-23-05, 10:17 PM

Damn! February? I might just spring for the individual titles, then. I preordered this December 1st, so I dunno WHAT'S going on.
Old 01-24-05, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If DVDEmpire didn't ship it yet they must not have received any stock of the Gangster Collection box. Everything I have ever pre-ordered from them has shipped out on the Friday before the release date. Didn't they give you a time frame when the stock may arrive?

So far my order from Amazon hasn't even entered the shipping soon phase, and it is estimated to ship by January 28. But usually Amazon's estimates are later than the actual ship date. At least you're not alone on waiting.
Old 01-25-05, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is a bit ominous from Amazon. In the title listing it says:
Availability: Please note that titles occasionally go out of print or publishers run out of stock. We will notify you within 7 to 13 days if we have trouble obtaining this title.

It seems that Warners is having a similar issue to what happened with the Legends collection.
Old 01-25-05, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is there any store that is shipping the Gangster Collection or has it available? I read on another forum that DVDSoon was shipping out orders. I'm not really in too much of a rush for it since I was hoping to first get a $25 GC from my Amazon Visa to use on my order.
Old 01-25-05, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i pre-ordered from Digital Eyes which is still showing out of stock! SO that means Deep Discount and DVD Planet will be out of stock too
this sucks considering it is showing as the number one preorder on digital eyes
may have to cancel the order and go to costco
Old 01-27-05, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm still waiting for Amazon to ship my Gangster Collection order. They recently changed the shipping estimate from January 28 to January 31 even though the status on the web site is now listed as usually ships within 24 hours. I would consider cancelling it and getting it from Costco if I didn't have a GC on the order.