Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Weird Best Buy return/credit situation, anyone help?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-16-04, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 80 Likes on 68 Posts

Okay, here's the deal:

I returned a brand new, MIP package to Best Buy last week. I had no receipt, so they gave me credit for the lowest selling price within 30 days. No problem.
Went and bought another DVD [on sale] and a PS2 network adapter with that credit [and of course some more money, credit card.]
Also used a 1.00 off coupon [that McDonald's buck] and a 5.00 Reward Zone cert. It took the dollar off one item, and prorated the 5.00. Again, no problem.
Turns out the person I got the DVD for, is already getting it from someone else, who no longer has their receipt. I had mine, so I took mine back.
I got back the sale price of the DVD [which is what I paid for it], minus the prorated portion of the RZ cert. Again, no problem.

But now: my receipt says
"1.39 [the amount of the prorated RZ cert] will be credited to your RZ account."

Huh? Does that mean my RZ card now acts like a gift card, for the amount of 1.39? Or that I have 1.39 in 'certificate value', that will be sent to me when I collect 5.00 worth?

And the final twist: my RZ membership expired. I still have my card, but I'm not paying 9.99 to renew it. Am I out the 1.39, can I access it with my RZ card, or what happens now? I've never seen this before, can anyone shed any light?
Old 12-25-04, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 566 Likes on 412 Posts
i think that just means the 1.39 will be removed from your rz total towards your next $5.00 cert.