Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Question about Dell and their small business section

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-15-04, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking to buy a computer from Dell, and am considering using the computer for a new small business I hope to start soon. Can I shop from the Small Busniess section, or do I still havr to shop in the Home section?
Old 12-15-04, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i don't think they care
Old 12-15-04, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't think Dell really cares. It seems like I bought a monitor from them on their small business site.
Old 12-15-04, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Put your name in the "Business name" boxes. No problem
Old 12-15-04, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

try and use the dellf coupons floating around
Old 12-15-04, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 398 Likes on 343 Posts
I have bought all three of my computers from the Small Business site. It really makes no difference. You will not have to provide a Tax ID number or even a Social Security number. As mentioned, just use your name (first and last) as your business name. This way if there is a rebate it will be made out to you (tho you can change it right before check out).
Old 12-16-04, 12:02 AM
Banned

They don't care, although the deals and pricing and even the way they figure taxes will be different between their home site and their small business site. So build the system on both and see which is cheaper.

Also, check www.gotapex.com every day for the latest Dell coupons and deals. These change on a daily basis, as do Dell's automatic discounts, so it's really a matter of checking there everyday and building the system you want on Dell's site everyday and then picking your moment as to when to get the best deal.

And also, check if the company you work for offers an employee discount code for Dell's other, slightly more hidden, site. http://www.dell.com/eppbuy . You can get up to an extra 12% off by going through there, but you do need a special code from a qualified employer to complete the purchase.

And one final thing: Codes that work for Dell Home won't work for Dell Small Business and vice versa. And the eppbuy site has it's own coupon codes as well. So try building the system in several ways before making an actual purchase.

Last edited by Otto; 12-16-04 at 12:06 AM.
Old 12-16-04, 11:02 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I ordered mine from the Small Business site with no problems. Well, there was the side effect that now everyone thinks I'm a business. I've received a few calls from the Dun & Bradstreet guide, apparently I'm in there now. I get junk mail now from office supply places, but those are kinda neat to look at. And I get several credit card offers for Business credit cards. Citibank recently upgraded my card to a Citibusiness card without telling me, but the specs appear to be better so I didn't raise a fuss. The cool thing I'm getting now is business coupons fron OfficeMax, these 10 off 50 dollar purchase things. Pretty cool.