Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone's Netflix disc delivery service starting to suck?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-07-04, 05:25 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

K well ever since the price dropped, my service has been very crappy. Ok well i get movies on sat. from netflix and it takes about 3 days to get there and another 3 days for me to get them, so my movies come in on saturday and sometimes monday. I only get 3 movies a week from them, when i use to get about 4-5 a week from them. I live like 40 miles from their shipping place..... lol.. hm.... for the past month i have gotten 9 movies from them when i use to get double or triple that lol..
Old 12-07-04, 05:34 PM

Yes, I have noticed that my service has become quite crappy from them. I thought it may be just for a little while. But it has been for the past couple of weeks now. My viewing habits haven't changed at all. I was used to getting 6 discs a week, now I am lucky to get 3. I almost cancelled my service when it came time to pay again in November, but I didn't. I am for sure cancelling at the end of December.

And I started Blockbusters online rental service about 1 month ago now and they are even worse. When I went to cancel that they gave me a free month and more in store coupons, so I am still with them, but I will be cancelling as soon as it looks like real money will be charged.

I had a feeling this money war between Netflix and whoever else jumped in the game would make the customers suffer.

Oh well, I loved Netflix while it was worth it.
Old 12-07-04, 05:40 PM

Is there anything like netflix out there for music cds?
Old 12-07-04, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Interestingly, my Netflix service (which has never been "bad") got better this week. As I mentioned in another thread, my Netflix center had quit shipping movies on Tuesdays, but they shipped movies today.

I don't know what made the difference.
Old 12-07-04, 06:49 PM

I'm still getting movies the day after they ship. My distribution center is in Atlanta, GA and I live in Huntsville, AL. It takes them two days it seems for them to receive a movie I sent back, but that's how it always has been. So, for me, the Netflix service hasn't changed.
Old 12-07-04, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 962 Likes on 590 Posts
Originally Posted by emhello
Funny you should ask that as I have been wondering that myself lately.
Anyone have an answer?
Old 12-07-04, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually, my Netflix service has been better than ever. I've been consistantly getting my new releases the day they come out or a day early, we got Bource Supremacy & Dodgeball both yesterday. It usually takes 2 days to receive my movies after I send them in.

I have had periods of shitty service though, but not lately.
Old 12-07-04, 07:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've found the 5 out plan to be the best if you want a constant stream of new DVDs coming in. The only real complaint I have about them is that I keep missing new releases. I used to time it so that if I drop a DVD in the mail on Fri or Sat it would get them on Mon and I'd get whatever new release I wanted that week. The last couple of weeks though they've sent the next thing down in the queue instead of the new release that's at the top of the queue
Old 12-07-04, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only thing wrong with my Netflix service is that for the past two weeks I've only gotten 5 discs instead of 6. Nothing major though.
Old 12-07-04, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My service hasn't changed a bit. Still only a 2 day turn around, at the most. No complaints.
Old 12-07-04, 08:50 PM
Banned

Mine has stayed the same, 2 days
Old 12-07-04, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They've stayed about the same for me month after month for almost a year now. Anal as it may sound I began a log as soon as I joined to see how many discs per month I was getting- I had read in other threads that they treat new customers better than established ones, so I wanted to see for myself if that would the case. While it may vary a few discs from month to month it's pretty consistant.
Old 12-07-04, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by nightmaster
Anal as it may sound I began a log as soon as I joined to see how many discs per month I was getting...
I do that, too (for that very reason, and to figure my cost per disc).
Old 12-07-04, 10:11 PM

Mine's getting steadily better. I've been getting one day shipping.
Old 12-07-04, 10:37 PM

It is against federal law to rent CDs. The RIAA made sure of that in the early 80s.

Last edited by chriscooling; 12-07-04 at 10:38 PM. Reason: left out quotes
Old 12-07-04, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by chriscooling
It is against federal law to rent CDs. The RIAA made sure of that in the early 80s.
How does the public library get around this? If it's free, then it's OK?
Old 12-08-04, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by emhello
How does the public library get around this? If it's free, then it's OK?
Libraries are specifically exempted (the 'free' thing doesn't get around it. Lending your CDs to your buddy would seem to violate the letter of the same law).
Old 12-08-04, 06:37 AM

Some of the problems occurring seem to be similar in nature to ones I had/have. I work for the USPS and know first hand some of the delays that are occurring to the Netfilx shipments; improperly being worked by hand for seperation instead in automated machinery. But the biggest issue is the management of the USPS determining that since Netflix mailings do not have a postmarked date on them, they are not to be processed with other canceled mail and can be delayed a day longer than other First Class mail(and sometimes longer times). You can determine if problems are in delivery or in Netflix services by comparing the sent and received turn around dates, as most persons should expect 2 or 3 day service turn around on all 1st class letter mail, not all but most.

If you have been receiving poor mailing service for your Netflix rentals take the time to call 1-800-ASK-USPS and file a complaint. This may not be the cure all, but if you call and speak with them enough somebody is going to take note. Oh and be sure to write down the case number, date you called, and who you spoke with about the problem. If you call a second time, ask to know where the previous case stands and giving this information tends to perk their ears a little.

And during the later part of November and December mail seasons, realize that shipping times are going to be longer than usual due to betweem double to triple the normal mailing volumes are happening across the country.
Old 12-08-04, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks.
Old 12-08-04, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

wow!

I put mine in the mail Sunday night.

It's now Wednesday morning and according to their site they STILL didn't recieve it.

This hasn't happened before! Normally They'd have gotten them Tuesday and I'd have gotten it Wednesday!!

I hope I at least get them by Saturday!
Old 12-08-04, 09:35 AM

I've had three netflix lost in the mail in six months. How many do they allow?
I'm worried they are going to think I'm stealing them. I'm also wondering if mailmen open the things up wondering if Resident Evil's in the there.
The other problem is bad DVD's. I imagine people let them lie all over the house and their kids and dogs walk all over them--a few have been unwatchable.
Other than that, mine come pretty fast.
Old 12-08-04, 09:44 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Addison
I've had three netflix lost in the mail in six months. How many do they allow?
I'm worried they are going to think I'm stealing them. I'm also wondering if mailmen open the things up wondering if Resident Evil's in the there.
The other problem is bad DVD's. I imagine people let them lie all over the house and their kids and dogs walk all over them--a few have been unwatchable.
Other than that, mine come pretty fast.

Yeah, i have had bad dvds so many times its not even funny. It pisses me off when the disk is so scratched up that you have like buzzing lines on the dvd or it skips. One time when i got Dark City from netflix it came Cracked in Half!! lmao.
Old 12-08-04, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My service degraded the week after the price drop. I wrote & complained about it... Netflix replied that they were not intentionally delaying any shipments. Since then, everything is back to normal.
Old 12-08-04, 09:50 AM

I've noticed a slow in my service also.
Usually they'll get a dvd first thing in the morning and by lunch my next dvd is allready shipped.
Now it takes all day or ships the next day which is not cool.
If I'm not mistaken this slow down happens every year so..............
Old 12-08-04, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by oldone
Some of the problems occurring seem to be similar in nature to ones I had/have. I work for the USPS and know first hand some of the delays that are occurring to the Netfilx shipments; improperly being worked by hand for seperation instead in automated machinery. But the biggest issue is the management of the USPS determining that since Netflix mailings do not have a postmarked date on them, they are not to be processed with other canceled mail and can be delayed a day longer than other First Class mail(and sometimes longer times). You can determine if problems are in delivery or in Netflix services by comparing the sent and received turn around dates, as most persons should expect 2 or 3 day service turn around on all 1st class letter mail, not all but most.

If you have been receiving poor mailing service for your Netflix rentals take the time to call 1-800-ASK-USPS and file a complaint. This may not be the cure all, but if you call and speak with them enough somebody is going to take note. Oh and be sure to write down the case number, date you called, and who you spoke with about the problem. If you call a second time, ask to know where the previous case stands and giving this information tends to perk their ears a little.

And during the later part of November and December mail seasons, realize that shipping times are going to be longer than usual due to betweem double to triple the normal mailing volumes are happening across the country.
I've had several discs go missing the last few months. I complained to both Netflix and USPS but nothing has changed. I was told that my route has been pretty bad 'cause there is no regular carrier. The regular carrier quit back in April and it's been downhill since. Is it easier for things to go missing if that is the case? I hate to say this but I think it may be the carrier pocketing the discs. A friend of mine who is a carrier said it was possible and woudn't put it pass the guys who don't have regular routes to steal a disc on occassion. The turnaround for me has been consistently two days since their located in the same town I'm in----which is great; except for the missing discs.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.