Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone's Netflix disc delivery service starting to suck?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anyone's Netflix disc delivery service starting to suck?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-08, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts
I haven't decided if I'm going to keep the bluray's or not. I don't get many as it is, but I did set up a separate queue for new movies, so I may start getting more. $1 isn't much, so I'll probably keep them coming.
Old 10-10-08, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's my mini-rant....

I get an email that says the next DVD in my queue is not available at my regular distribution center so they will ship my movie from WA state. WA is on the other side of the country from me. (I've had this happen before with a different dvd and they shipped from freaking Maine!) Then the movie doesn't even ship that day, but the next day. Why!? Okay so it takes 3 days instead of the usual 1 day to get to me, plus the extra day on the front end to ship which makes no sense. Then I get the stupid thing and it has a big ole crack in it. Won't play. So I report it damaged and they send out another copy from my regular dist. center. By the time I get the good disc its been 6 days since the original email (rec'd the broken on a Saturday so the replacement didn't mail until monday). Pissed!

I would MUCH prefer if a disc is not available at the regular dist. center, just send the next one in my queue! This week delay crap is a screw job.
Old 10-10-08, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by taa455
Here's my mini-rant....

I get an email that says the next DVD in my queue is not available at my regular distribution center so they will ship my movie from WA state. WA is on the other side of the country from me. (I've had this happen before with a different dvd and they shipped from freaking Maine!) Then the movie doesn't even ship that day, but the next day. Why!? Okay so it takes 3 days instead of the usual 1 day to get to me, plus the extra day on the front end to ship which makes no sense.
This is part of their throttling system. Every time I've had movies start to ship from other centers, it has always come after a period of higher than normal rentals on my part. Once my rental activity decreases, I no longer seem to get movies shipped from anywhere but my local place.
Old 10-10-08, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm going to drop mine down to the two at a time and keep the Blu access. I just haven't been watching as many movies lately.

= J
Old 10-13-08, 03:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by taa455
Here's my mini-rant....

I get an email that says the next DVD in my queue is not available at my regular distribution center so they will ship my movie from WA state. WA is on the other side of the country from me. (I've had this happen before with a different dvd and they shipped from freaking Maine!) Then the movie doesn't even ship that day, but the next day. Why!? Okay so it takes 3 days instead of the usual 1 day to get to me, plus the extra day on the front end to ship which makes no sense. Then I get the stupid thing and it has a big ole crack in it. Won't play. So I report it damaged and they send out another copy from my regular dist. center. By the time I get the good disc its been 6 days since the original email (rec'd the broken on a Saturday so the replacement didn't mail until monday). Pissed!

I would MUCH prefer if a disc is not available at the regular dist. center, just send the next one in my queue! This week delay crap is a screw job.
Yep, this is throttling. I recently had a situation similar to yours. It took just shy of 2 weeks to get a working copy of a movie out to me.

Call, complain and ask for credit.
Old 10-13-08, 08:52 AM

I send mine on Monday and by Wednesday I get the new ones. I just get annoyed that some dvds are cracked or scratched.
Old 10-13-08, 09:06 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by scarface983
I send mine on Monday and by Wednesday I get the new ones.
How is this possible? If you mail them on Monday they are not getting them before Tuesday at the earliest. And they never mail the day they receive, so they're not mailing until Wednesday at the earliest, which puts them back to you Thursday at the absolute earliest. Right?
Old 10-13-08, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevor
How is this possible? If you mail them on Monday they are not getting them before Tuesday at the earliest. And they never mail the day they receive, so they're not mailing until Wednesday at the earliest, which puts them back to you Thursday at the absolute earliest. Right?
My service is the same way. If i send out a movie on Monday, they'll receive it the next day AND send out my next one - and I get that on Wednesday.
Old 10-13-08, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Same here. My closest distribution center is Hartford, CT which is a town over. If I mail them Monday morning they get them by Tuesday and send one out that day and it should get here Wednesday.
Old 10-13-08, 01:22 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Darn, my distribution is also the next town over, but I always have at least a 3 day turnaround. Usually, if I mail on Monday I'll get my new on Friday or even Saturday.
Old 10-13-08, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I have a decent turnaround time too. I'll ship on Wednesday and get new stuff on Friday.
Old 10-14-08, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Yeah, I get the same turnaround usually, mailed on a Monday, new disc on a Wednesday.
Old 10-14-08, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You guys need to work it out so that you're mailing on Saturday, they receive them on Monday, they ship 3 new movies on Monday and you receive them on Tuesday. If I mail my discs back on Monday most of the new releases are already on long or short wait by Monday night.

I just got all 3 discs of the new WWE Hell In The Cell DVD set in the mail today that were mailed out yesterday. The arrival date on Netflix even says they shouldn't be here until tomorrow so I have no complaints about shipping time.

Bob
Old 10-14-08, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JCWBobC
You guys need to work it out so that you're mailing on Saturday, they receive them on Monday, they ship 3 new movies on Monday and you receive them on Tuesday.
Already got that system in place. I mail back on Saturdays and Wednesdays. Monday I get shipped the new stuff and on Thursday they ship the older stuff.
Old 10-17-08, 10:20 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

The Blu-ray delays are crazy. 3/4 of my queue is on "long wait."
Old 10-17-08, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts
I have no problem with turnaround either. Every once in a while, they wait until the next day to mail something, but it's pretty rare.
Old 10-27-08, 01:14 PM

Real nice...I had five empty slots with 6 new releases in my queue today and they didn't ship one of them...states next available shipping day will be Tuesday. "Thanks" Netf**ks!!
Old 10-27-08, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've got 4 of 6 shipping today with the other two scheduled for tomorrow.
Old 10-28-08, 10:42 PM

Netflix just announced they are putting a distribution center in Grove City, Ohio (just outside of Columbus). It should be up and running by April '09.
Old 11-03-08, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Watch Instantly feature finally available for Mac users.
Old 11-07-08, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

lol, I got this e-mail from Netflix this morning:

Hello,

We have received several complaints concerning your Nickname (which was been changed) and some of the dialogue that you have used in your reviews. At this time, we are choosing not to delete all 277 reviews, but instead we are asking that you tone down your objectionable content. We will be monitoring your account and your reviews sporatically and hope that you will take this opportunity to keep it clean. Per our terms of use:
Ouch. Some people take that stuff WAY too seriously..
Old 11-08-08, 03:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MFRONE
Netflix just announced they are putting a distribution center in Grove City, Ohio (just outside of Columbus). It should be up and running by April '09.
Sweet. thanks for that bit of news. That'll work out sweetly.
Old 12-05-08, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So Netflix now streams on Macs. They just sent me the email the other day.

FINALLY.

= J
Old 12-07-08, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero - 2023 TOTY Award Winner

Received 2,173 Likes on 1,223 Posts
Originally Posted by Tarantino
So Netflix now streams on Macs. They just sent me the email the other day.

FINALLY.

= J
Yup, they committed to providing this by the "end of 2008" a couple of months ago. Nice to see them come in well under the deadline.
Old 12-08-08, 05:31 PM

This may have been addressed already, but many of the movies in my instant queue say "available until January 1, 2009". Are a lot of the movies being removed from instant availability?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.