Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone's Netflix disc delivery service starting to suck?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anyone's Netflix disc delivery service starting to suck?

Old 08-14-08, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we'll be automatically issuing credits to all of you whose shipments have been delayed.
I wonder how/if that will work for those of us on settlement redemption. Will our free period be extended? Mine is going to expire soon and I have no plans to keep the account going considering their turnaround is still 'iffy.'
Old 08-14-08, 11:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
According to the email I just got, Netflix will be crediting my account for the delay. Does that mean we'll all be getting a free rental, or what?
Old 08-14-08, 12:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ghostface180
According to the email I just got, Netflix will be crediting my account for the delay. Does that mean we'll all be getting a free rental, or what?
It'll probably be a percentage off your monthly bill that correlates to how many days the "glitch" lasts.
Old 08-14-08, 01:04 PM

Christ, now it says my movies are shipping Friday. Get your shit together, Netflix. This is making me want to cancel my account and go with Blockbuster.
Old 08-14-08, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts
I was wondering what is up. I haven't received any emails but it has been ass slow in both directions (shipping and receiving).
Old 08-14-08, 03:20 PM

How convenient that the week after they send out the free month offer for all involved in the class action law suit against them, the service goes down.
Old 08-14-08, 03:55 PM
Zbu

Originally Posted by BobSolo
How convenient that the week after they send out the free month offer for all involved in the class action law suit against them, the service goes down.
Very, very convenient.
Old 08-14-08, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BobSolo
Yeah, mine arrived today. I just laughed. Typical Netflix.
Old 08-14-08, 05:47 PM

My discs says shipping wednesday. *checks watch* Uh, I hope that's not next wednesday.
Old 08-15-08, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by GuyverX
My discs says shipping wednesday. *checks watch* Uh, I hope that's not next wednesday.
I have the same thing. Shipped all mine back on Monday after the weekend and "Shipping Wednesday" has come and gone.
Old 08-15-08, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm also waiting on a couple DVDs, one of which is a replacement for a damaged, unwatchable disc. To top it off, this is the last weekend of my summer break. I was hoping to kick back and watch a few films from Netflix, but it looks like the DVDs won't ship until next week.

Oh well. Overall, I'm still pretty happy with Netflix.

Last edited by Ghostbuster; 08-15-08 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-15-08, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I actually received a disc from Netflix yesterday...although, the website says it will be shipping Wednesday still. Odd. MY disc from Monday still has not shipped....it was supposed to ship from NY (I'm in MI). Still waiting on that. REALLY annoying. Basically, they better credit at LEAST a week for everyone.
Old 08-15-08, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Six movies mysteriously disappeared from my queue today... wish I knew what they were.

Netflix has more system problems than any other corporation on the planet.
Old 08-15-08, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Funk
I wonder how/if that will work for those of us on settlement redemption. Will our free period be extended? Mine is going to expire soon and I have no plans to keep the account going considering their turnaround is still 'iffy.'

I'm wondering the same thing and I also have no plans to continue. Years ago I'd get shipments from somewhere in Georgia. Now there is one in Birmingham (Alabama) however I can't tell the turn-around time is any better.

I had hoped to receive my latest clique selections today (Friday) to have for the weekend plus I'll be out of town through Wednesday of next week so another day now in getting as many releases through the end of the settlement.

I guess I'll have to read through back posts to see just what the problem was.

Last edited by Flicker; 08-15-08 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-15-08, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Chew

Netflix is hardly alone in that "business model". Replace Netflix with DirecTV and everything about your story is the same with me.

I canceled DirecTV more than a year ago and am still getting both email and mail about coming back. The "come back" offer is never any better than what I can get as a new customer.

Funny but I found the same problem with Dish Network.
Old 08-15-08, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Netflix did several things right in this unfortunate situation, They:
1) acknowledged the problem,
2) alerted all of their customers to it
3) offered compensation in the form of credit until the problem is fixed.

How many other companies would do this?

I am sorry that some of the people in this thread had to go outside or actually interact with other people during this delay, all because YOUR MOVIES DIDN'T SHIP OMGWTFINEEDTOSEEWHATHAPPENSONLOSTONDISC4 but shit happens.

<--- still happy with Netflix

Last edited by Iron Chef; 08-15-08 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-15-08, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
still happy w/ Netflix as well. I've had their service for over a year and a half and this is the 'worst' thing that's happened.

*shrug*

shit happens. no worries on my end
Old 08-15-08, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Iron Chef
Netflix did several things right in this unfortunate situation, They:
1) acknowledged the problem,
2) alerted all of their customers to it
3) offered compensation in the form of credit until the problem is fixed.

How many other companies would do this?

I am sorry that some of the people in this thread had to go outside or actually interact with other people during this delay, all because YOUR MOVIES DIDN'T SHIP OMGWTFINEEDTOSEEWHATHAPPENSONLOSTONDISC4 but shit happens.

<--- still happy with Netflix
I disagree. It took them far too long to acknowledge the problem and when they finally did, they said that personalized e-mails would be sent out to those affected. As far as I can tell, very few people actually received an e-mail like that. As of this point in time, I have no idea what is up with my account. I've had movies in the queue processing that eventually disappeared completely from my queue. When speaking to a CSR about the issue, they were clueless regarding the issue.

In terms of the 15% discount, it's a start but I still don't think it's adequate compensation. I received 0 movies this week. By the time I finally do get some movies in, I'll have probably gone 7 or 8 days without.

Let's face it, the reason they're offering any compensation at all is because they'd face a mass exodus if they didn't. I'm not upset about the lack of movies coming my way. Lord knows, I've got more than enough to entertain me. It's the principle of it. If I'm paying for a service, I expect to receive that service. And 100% of that service.
Old 08-15-08, 06:12 PM

Delayed DVDs are supposedly shipping today.

As I said before, I'm still happy with Netflix, overall. I've been a member for nearly 5 years, and until now, I've never had problems with slow turnaround. And Netflix has an amazing library of DVDs.

My biggest gripe actually is that the "Watch Instantly" selection hasn't improved much at all since the release of the Roku player. Maybe the Microsoft partnership will have a positive impact...at some point.
Old 08-15-08, 07:31 PM

I have something that says "Shipping Wednesday," but it's a DVD that I already received and sent back. I hope they don't send it again. Also, there was a DVD that was added to my "DVDs at Home" list and it said that it would ship, but it disappeared completely from my queue. What was that about?
Old 08-15-08, 08:03 PM

When I log in to Netflix, I see the following message:

We’re happy to report that all of our shipping centers are resuming normal operations (after 3 days of issues). If you should have been shipped a disc Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, it will ship today (Friday). Your Queue may not yet reflect what we have received and shipped. We expect your Queue to be up to date later tonight.
Old 08-15-08, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 208 Likes on 184 Posts
U had two open slots on my queue since Wednesday and two returns in th mail since Wednesday. For half the day, my queue showed that they recieved the two in the mail and four DVDs were being shipped to me. Around Noon Friday it changed, and it showed the two newly-returned DVDs back as if they hadn't been recieved and I had to open slots that say they'll ship me the next available item Monday. The four discs they were going to ship have disappeared from my queue completely. Of course, this would be the month when I talked someone at work into joining Netflix because it worked so well for me (though, funny enough, I never got my "free rental: for the referral.
Old 08-15-08, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

15% off for missing 25% of a billing period ( roughly a week out of the month for most people ) is 100% unacceptable. I will be calling them Monday, I just rejoined Netflix on weds. Which after my order finally ( if it even does ) ships on Monday, will probably be one full week without. Who's to say after this treatment I will even be a member next month for them to take 15% off?
It's not enough for me. I want at least a free upgrade for the month. Because I probably will only be a member for this month.
Old 08-16-08, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Having been with Netflix for years now, I've been one who has bitched in the past about their slow service; not these days. They've gotten much better in the last year or so and I'm surprised they have gone to the lengths they have to apologize so profusely and give some degree of compensation... I'm not sure they would have done that, say, 3 years ago. I'm probably getting 12 discs each month from them, and they have an incredible library to choose from. Helluva bang for my buck as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by nightmaster; 08-16-08 at 03:18 AM.
Old 08-16-08, 04:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I finally received some e-mails from Netflix. I got a slew of received notifications and the delayed shipment one. It looks like I'll finally be getting some movies in today.

Of course, there's still one movie that hasn't cleared my queue that I shipped back prior to this debacle. I'll give it until Monday before reporting it and thus, running the risk of putting my account on hold again.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.