DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Troma Studio Store (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/386637-troma-studio-store.html)

Troma Mall 09-21-04 05:16 PM

Troma Studio Store

Greetings and Salutations, all. Edward Havens from Troma Entertainment here. I just wanted to let you all know that, as of last Friday, we have lowered our US shipping costs, to $3.00 for the first item and $1.50 for each additional item.

Additionally, I have spent some time reading the back boards, and absorbing the positive and negative comments about our performance. Yes, there were problems in the past, and yes, there will be some problems down the road, although I do my best to keep those to a minimum. I like to believe people have enjoyed better service in the year plus I've been in charge of the store, and I ask that anyone who has any questions or comments feel free to contact me directly.

We've got a lot of exciting releases planned for 2005, which I will announce as soon as the titles move from "tentative" to "set." I'm especially excited about the number of Roan titles that will be DVD Premieres, two of which, Vincent Sherman's 1941 thriller "Underground" and the 1944 Republic serial "Tiger Woman in Perils of Darkest Jungle," will feature some nice exclusive content (which, of course they would, since they are DVD premieres, but still, bonus features that will not be found elsewhere ever).

Thank you.

Laser Movies 09-23-04 01:01 PM

Thanks for posting the information about the shipping. At least the $3 charge is more tolerable than the previous $8 for the first item. Also any plans for another Roan sale like you had in January?

Troma Mall 09-23-04 01:22 PM

There will always be seasonal sales, but I don't forsee another major sale like that for a while.

darkside 09-23-04 01:22 PM

Lowering the shipping charge is excellent. I'm looking forward to more Roan releases.

Troma Mall 09-23-04 03:04 PM

We have the DVD premiere of Vincent Sherman's 1941 "Underground," featuring a pair of all-new interviews with the now 98 year old filmmaker, talking about the making of his film and the effects of the Hollywood blacklist, and the 1935 Edgar Rice Burroughs-produced "New Adventures of Tarzan" serial coming out this Tuesday.

October's lone Roan release will be the Black and Blue Set, featuring John Carradine in Edgar G. Ulmer's "Bluebeard," Bela Lugosi in "Black Dragons" and the 1943 Sam Newfield feature "Black Raven."

In November, we are very proud to be presenting the DVD Premiere of the 1944 Republic serial "Tiger Woman in Perils of Darkest Jungle."

2005 will also see the DVD Premieres of a number of great titles from Roan.

John Sinnott 09-24-04 10:04 PM

Glad to hear about the shipping Edward! I always thought it was a little slimy to have $1.99 DVDs then charge $8 to ship one out.

One question while I have you here: why doesn't Roan have a web page? I've been collecting Roan discs since I first bought a copy of "White Zombie" (I liked the film so much it was the first article I put up when I started reviewing here on DVD talk. See the and review <a href="http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=8007">here.</a>) and have a hard time finding out when new discs are released.

I'm looking forward to "Blackbeard," and "Tiger Woman" was one of the first serials I saw in its entirety, many moons ago. Should be fun.

I'm glad Troma is releasing more Roan DVDs...for a while nothing was coming out. I'm looking forward to the new discs!

Troma Mall 09-27-04 08:15 AM

We are working on a new Roan web site as we speak, although I do not have an ETA on when it will be up and running. However, I do try to get the artwork for the upcoming Roan (and Troma) titles on the Troma site at least six to eight weeks in advance.

CarlitoBrown 10-09-04 05:49 AM

Shipping goes down, prices go up.

Whatever.