Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

MainStreetMusic and LiquidAudio - pay for content, get NOTHING

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-04, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy fuck, this is astoundingly frustrating. I bought three audio tracks from MainStreetMusic.com, and they happily took my credit card number and provided some download links.

Only, the links don't work - they just provide the following message: "We apologize, but the system has encountered unexpected problems. Please try again in a few moments."

I sent emails to customer service at both places. I have been promised a reply within "three business days," which is just awesome, since the download links EXPIRE right around then. That's right, if their message isn't helpful, I will probably lose the opportunity to download the tracks I paid for.

What a buch of imbeciles. Their pay service has a lower yield than Kazaa. No wonder people pirate music - it's actually much less of a hassle than buying the content!

- David Stein
Old 09-12-04, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's twelve hours later. I still can't download anything - via any of the three machines I've tried.

What a complete rip-off. I could've downloaded these from KaZaa in maybe ten minutes.

- David Stein
Old 09-12-04, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Call up your credit card and dispute the charges. No service = no reason they should have your cash.
Old 09-12-04, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Deftones, Esq
Call up your credit card and dispute the charges. No service = no reason they should have your cash.
Yeah, that crossed my mind about 20 seconds after the first "temporarily unavailable" message. But it's not the money - after all, it's only three tracks, not exactly breaking the bank - just the concept that I wanted these tracks, I found them, I bought them, and now the fucking place isn't giving them to me. I'm incredibly pissed off.

- David Stein