Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The one day Sams Club membership?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 07-07-04, 05:10 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So it's being reported that Sam's Club has Batman TAS for 29 bucks. There's a Sams not that far from my place, so that sounds like the place to go for me. . . but for one small detail: I dont have a membership (nor do I know someone with one).

Is there a way to get a one day 'trial pass'? Some way that I can *ahem* sample the warehouse and see if the service is for me?

Hmmm, I wonder if I approach someone in line, hand them 30 bucks and get them to buy it for me. Oh, what I do to save a couple of pennies!
Old 07-07-04, 06:09 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
there often is a free one day pass offer in local papers sometime, but you have to pay a 10 percent surcharge. the store may even give you a pass
Old 07-08-04, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wish mine had it for that. It was $33 at my Sam's. On a somewhat related note, my membership expired the day after I bought it.
Old 07-08-04, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sometimes these can be found online...I'd recommend a certain bulging wallet site since they usually have threads for stuff like that.
Old 07-08-04, 07:06 PM
Cool New Member

That SAMs club pass is available in that bulging wallet site but the pass does say that only SAMs members can make purchases. I got shot down at 2 different SAMs clubs
Old 07-08-04, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Find someone who has a membership and have them buy it for you and then pay them for how much it cost.
Old 07-09-04, 03:45 AM

Actually if you have a Wal*Mart near you, you can purchase one of those gift cards and use that at Sam's club. HOWEVER!! There will be a 10% fee for using it. (I am not exactly sure on the fee but I think it is 10% as someone else in the thread stated.)
Old 07-09-04, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by spuffin
Actually if you have a Wal*Mart near you, you can purchase one of those gift cards and use that at Sam's club. HOWEVER!! There will be a 10% fee for using it. (I am not exactly sure on the fee but I think it is 10% as someone else in the thread stated.)
I had a Wal-Mart gift card someone gave me, and Sam's Club wouldn't even let me in the store with it -- the card-checker at the door even checked with a supervisor, and the supervisor wouldn't let me in either. They said I had to buy membership to the store to get in, even with the gift card (which said both Wal-Mart and Sam's Club on it). This was in Carson, California, by the way...