Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Will DDD give me a hard time on this?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-04, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a bunch of box sets during the 20% sale at Deep Discount. One of them was The Dead Zone Season 2. When i opened the box there were no DVDs inside at all. I packed it up with the return label and sent it back to them with a note asking them to send me a new one. Has anyone had anything like this happen before? Do you think they will send me a new one or accuse me of stealing the DVDs that were never in the box to begin with?
Old 07-01-04, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess you should have probably called them as soon as you got it and they might have sent you a replacement right away. I guess they might think its funny you just sent it back. Its going to take some time if they send you a replacement. I would expect 1-2 months if they replace it.
Old 07-01-04, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

ernestrp?

a month? I have returned items and I have received them a week to a week and a half after they received the damaged product.

But with a set with no dvds is quite odd. Maybe you should call anyway.
Old 07-01-04, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You should of contacted the Customer Support PRIOR to returning this item. At least if they heard your voice they could deduce whether not not you are being honest in the Box set missing DVD's. I personally would think that you were trying to scam me if the call wasn't at least logged. Maybe you should call them now and tell them about the situation.
Old 07-01-04, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by conscience
ernestrp?

a month? I have returned items and I have received them a week to a week and a half after they received the damaged product.

But with a set with no dvds is quite odd. Maybe you should call anyway.
Not my experience with DDD. I bought a 2 disc set last year and 1 of the disc would not play on any player I tried and you could see it was a manufacturing defect. I was told to wait for their return label to be sent to me which took some time, like 3 weeks. In the end I had a working copy some 2 months or more after I should have had it.

Then in January of this year they sent me a wrong title and I called them right away and they told me to wait until I got a return label from them. Close to a month went by and no return label ever came so I sent it back paying for it. I finally got a refund about 2 months after I should have had what I ordered.

Crap!!! I guess contacting them right away does not help, but it does make you feel better.
Old 07-01-04, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would have called but they didn't even have a phone number on the packing slip and on the bottom it just said that if you get a defective DVD to cut out the label on the bottom and send it back with a note explaining the problem. So i just paid shippign and sent it back with a note explaining the situation and put my number on the bottom for questions. Where do i find the customer service number?
Old 07-01-04, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Phone # is here: http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/contactus.cfm
To reach Customer Service via telephone call toll-free 800-264-5076. Monday through Friday from 8 A.M. to 7 P.M. CT and on Saturday from 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. CT.

True, it is not on the packing list only the e-mail address of Customer Supprt
Old 07-01-04, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by ernestrp
Not my experience with DDD. I bought a 2 disc set last year and 1 of the disc would not play on any player I tried and you could see it was a manufacturing defect. I was told to wait for their return label to be sent to me which took some time, like 3 weeks. In the end I had a working copy some 2 months or more after I should have had it.

Then in January of this year they sent me a wrong title and I called them right away and they told me to wait until I got a return label from them. Close to a month went by and no return label ever came so I sent it back paying for it. I finally got a refund about 2 months after I should have had what I ordered.

Crap!!! I guess contacting them right away does not help, but it does make you feel better.

Odd. Since I just got Saved By The Bell Seasons 1&2 and disc 5 did not work. I called the next day (Tuesday) and the CSR lady sent me a return prepaid label through e-mail and it didn't take more than a minute or two. Sent the set back out yesterday as well.

And if I receive it like I have received the other two exchanges that I have sent in the past it shouldn't take more than a week from when they receive it.
Old 07-02-04, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by conscience
Odd. Since I just got Saved By The Bell Seasons 1&2 and disc 5 did not work. I called the next day (Tuesday) and the CSR lady sent me a return prepaid label through e-mail and it didn't take more than a minute or two. Sent the set back out yesterday as well.

And if I receive it like I have received the other two exchanges that I have sent in the past it shouldn't take more than a week from when they receive it.
Well, maybe the return process has changed at DDD. You are the first person I have ever heard of getting a return label by email from DDD. I always wondered why they didnt do this since other (now dead) etailers would do this years ago.
Old 07-02-04, 12:23 PM

"Well, maybe the return process has changed at DDD. You are the first person I have ever heard of getting a return label by email from DDD."

I called and told them my 2nd disc of the Good, Bad, and Ugly was defective and they sent me the return prepaid label via email rather quickly. I think that it might be us to the CSR or that you have to have a defective product for them to pick up shipping. The email label was EXTREMELY convient!! Kudos to DDD for starting this.
Old 07-02-04, 01:05 PM

Check your box when you receive the DVD. Last couple or three I've ordered from DDD, they sent a return label with the DVD. Of course, most of us do throw those away with the box after we open them, but they do send one. So it's not their fault if it takes a couple weeks or so for them to process another one for you.
Old 07-02-04, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

otmetrud, are you talking about the one you cut out at the bottom?

That isn't a prepaid label. You have to pay your own shipping with that.
Old 07-02-04, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the number 68Shelby. I just called and they said that they wouldn't have any problem exchanging the empty box out.
Old 07-02-04, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Puzznic
Thanks for the number 68Shelby. I just called and they said that they wouldn't have any problem exchanging the empty box out.

That"s good to hear that they are honoring the dvd box set! I hope that I didn't sound rude in my July 01, 2004 post. I never had a problem in about 7 orders with them (keep my fingers crossed!). This last 20% off sale was the fastest order I had with them, only 8 calendar days from the time I ordered to the time I received.
Old 07-05-04, 08:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I received a crushed box set from DDD. They sent me a replacement and then credited my account when they received my crushed set. This was Christmas time, so maybe I just got excellent customer service because of the time of year. Anyway, I was very happy (as it was a gift for Christmas).