Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD Coupon/Sale 6/18-6/25

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DDD Coupon/Sale 6/18-6/25

Old 07-21-04, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Hank1215
They are selling Monk for 38.99. Take 20% off and that is 31.19, not 27.91.
Maybe DDD was selling Monk for less than $38.99 at the time he placed his order. Not sure.
Old 07-21-04, 07:50 PM

I just received my final backordered ordered item. Now I'll have to start saving up for the Thanksgiving sale !
Old 07-22-04, 01:08 AM

Before piss'n and moaning about DDD, check your math. They are selling Monk for 38.99. Take 20% off and that is 31.19, not 27.91. Sounds like you are trying to rip them off for $3.00!

Alright Mr. Know it All!

"Piss'n and moaning"?!! "Piss'n and moaning"?!! Why don't I e-mail the pics of your mama? You wanna see "pissing and moaning"? The nerve. Coming in here and without knowing anything you're jumping down my throat?

What makes you think you know it all?

You buy it during the sale?

You work at DDD?

You set the price?

Huh?

What, prices don't change?

Huh smart guy?

<Back off mods, you know I don't lose my cool, but this guy deserves it>

"Piss'n and moaning" I'll show you pissing and moaning!

How dare you accuse me of trying to rip them off for $3. Which is $3 that I know of out of $3000 that they owe me. After I check the rest who knows if it's only $3 or more.

You want me to check my math? Is that it? Ok, fine!

Monk and Nip/Tuck came out the same week and were on sale for the same price. I see my invoice and notice I wasn't charged the same on both. Luckily before placing the order I had e-mailed myself a copy of my cart. I check the e-mail and the invoice and sure enough. I WAS CHARGED $3 EXTRA!!!

There you humbled yet?

Peace!
Old 07-22-04, 03:48 AM

Do the math shawagg. It sounds like you are trying to rip them off. I placed a $750 order, my numbers came out fine. I just get tired of whinny-asses who piss and moan about DDD, but are more than happy to take advantage of their sale. What I don't want to see is DDD reading these posts and thinking "Why should we put on these sales for a bunch of whinny asses?" I don't want whinny-asses ruining it for the rest of us who appreciate the fact that DDD puts on these sales!
Old 07-22-04, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Before piss'n and moaning about DDD, check your math. They are selling Monk for 38.99. Take 20% off and that is 31.19, not 27.91. Sounds like you are trying to rip them off for $3.00!
Monk was cheaper during the sale. it was around $34.

I got my final shipment from the sale today.
Old 07-22-04, 03:05 PM

Do the math shawagg. It sounds like you are trying to rip them off.

Originally posted by shawagg

You want me to check my math? Is that it? Ok, fine!

Monk and Nip/Tuck came out the same week and were on sale for the same price. I see my invoice and notice I wasn't charged the same on both. Luckily before placing the order I had e-mailed myself a copy of my cart. I check the e-mail and the invoice and sure enough. I WAS CHARGED $3 EXTRA!!!

I get it now. You can't read. It all makes sense now. Boy is my face red.
Old 07-22-04, 05:16 PM

Just an FYI, I got my copy of Monk for $27.91. I think that DDD raised their price on Tuesday the week of the sale when a competitor (Amazon?) also raised their price.
Old 07-22-04, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Someone close this post.
Old 07-22-04, 05:48 PM
Cool New Member

i've received some dvds that were shipped out july 7th, but not some that were shipped june 28th. Hmmm...
Old 07-24-04, 01:27 PM
Banned

Well i guess my wait is over.....

Thank you for contacting DeepDiscountDVD.com!

We regret to inform you that the item : DVD : SLASHERS has been cancelled since the title has been discontunued.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Another great job by the customer service by making me wait a month without even telling me.
Old 07-24-04, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't been on DVD Talk for a week (so I am behind) but I called last Monday and they shipped out my 6/28 shipped order out again on Wednesday.

I also received my replaced Saved by the bell Seasons 1&2 set again and disc 5, again, did not work. I called and (I am not sure with DDD policy) but I told the dude I would like another copy. He firmly (and loudly) said "WE ARE NOT GOING TO KEEP SENDING OUT DVDS THAT DON'T WORK!" So I said "Don't ever take a tone with me like that. I don't know your policy and I don't like being treated like a child." He said "I am sorry I was only trying to tell you that something is wrong with the disc and it probably won't work on your dvd player." I told him I never had a problem with any discs on my player and all that jazz and just told him to send me a return label as I didn't want to get into an argument about the fundamentals of my dvd player and his (as he was trying to tell me that he also has problems with box set discs where one disc wouldn't work while the others did) and he said sure. And I said I would like it to be sent through e-mail. And he said "THAT'S What I'm doing right now."

I told him to have a bad day and hung up.

I definitely like the women CSR's better than the men.
Old 07-24-04, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Do the math shawagg. It sounds like you are trying to rip them off.
Sorry for being late as I haven't read this thread in a while & was just looking to see what was going on and...

Here is a thread where it states that Monk was at the 27.91 price.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...highlight=monk

Also, if you do a search for the thread in the Store Forum where members posted their orders you will see others got it for 27.91.
Old 07-24-04, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I told him to have a bad day and hung up.

I definitely like the women CSR's better than the men. [/B]
I work in customer service, and I'm sorry to say, but....I hate customers like you!

Here is the problem with my profession: We're always expected to be 100% professional and happy-smiley, even when people are being rude to us. Well, the problem with that is that it is against human nature. When attacked, people are supposed to defend themselves. So basically, customer service reps build up all of this tension and hatrid, and go home and take it out on the people we live with.

I used to do technical support for a software company, and I couldn't even begin to count how many times people said "Well all of my other discs work!" Well, buddy, this one isn't, and there isn't a wide-spread problem with that title, so shove off!

See.....this is me taking out my tension on others!
Old 07-24-04, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You guys make B&M Best Buy customer service look good.
Old 07-24-04, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Mikael79
When attacked...
I understand what you mean. I have done customer service before (but I always felt like I wanted to keep my job ) so I left all the bitching and complaining for the break room or at home and let a manager deal with the unruly customers.

I never attacked that guy. I gave him my order number, told him I received another bad disc and asked for a replacement and he went off. So I went off. You are making it sound like I bitched him out right off the bat for me having a bad disc. I did nothing of the sort. I was very professional with him and everything. The essence of what he is supposed to be with his customers. He has that job to serve the customers and treat them like equals. He did not do that.
Old 07-27-04, 07:45 PM

Originally posted by Mikael79

I used to do technical support for a software company, and I couldn't even begin to count how many times people said "Well all of my other discs work!" Well, buddy, this one isn't, and there isn't a wide-spread problem with that title, so shove off!

I'm sorry, is that supposed to make us understand how hard your job is? Listen buddy, maybe if you didn't dick around in school you'd have a job you'd be happy with. So shove off!
Old 07-28-04, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I work customer service this summer (I'm still in college) at www.instawares.com *cough*PLUG*cough* and I must say the best way to take out your frustration is to very accurately use your mute button. You can hit it and just start cursing an bitching, make yourself feel better, then get back to the call. While this is a good method, it can also get you into trouble if you forget to hit the button, heh.
Old 07-28-04, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by shawagg
I'm sorry, is that supposed to make us understand how hard your job is? Listen buddy, maybe if you didn't dick around in school you'd have a job you'd be happy with. So shove off!
Hey man it isn't that easy to get a CSR job. About half of the people that are employed through my temp agency are college grads. It's pretty crazy, but I do know I'd be pissed if I spent 4 years in school then got a CSR job, eugh.
Old 07-28-04, 10:48 AM

Welp, sadly I have to take back my previous statement that DDD has some kind of shipping point in Niagra Falls.

Other than my first order all orders since have shipped straight from DDD, with each and every order getting a wonderful "handling" fee by our great Canadian customs guys.

Until DDD changes their International shipping format to a "hold shipment until order is ready" policy there is absolutely no reason for Canadians to order from their company at all. At $5 per parcel for "handling" their "break things into 8 shipments" policy is horrific for Canadians.

And I got Thirteen Days instead of Thirteenth Floor. Whee!!
Old 07-29-04, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got my package of 8 dvds the other day that I had them send again.

Got all my discs now. I am finally happy.
Old 08-03-04, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any word on them doing this again sometime soon?

Since then, I've got $600 in blind buys I want to get....and I usually try to get a really good deal on blind buys.
Old 08-04-04, 08:54 AM

They have been running these every six months or so but it's hard to predict.

Bob

Originally posted by reservoirdog
Any word on them doing this again sometime soon?

Since then, I've got $600 in blind buys I want to get....and I usually try to get a really good deal on blind buys.
Old 08-04-04, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by Bob_F1
They have been running these every six months or so but it's hard to predict.

Bob
Every six months or so, since when -- November of 2003?
Old 08-04-04, 09:36 AM

OK, it's not much of a trend...

Bob

Originally posted by Yakuza Bengoshi
Every six months or so, since when -- November of 2003?