Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What's the status of your DDD sale orders?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.
View Poll Results: What is the status of your DDD sale order(s)?
My orders were cancelled!
3.55%
They charged my credit card the wrong amount!
5.58%
My orders are open (and at the sale price), but nothing has shipped yet.
44.16%
My orders are open (and at the sale price), and I've had some things ship.
24.37%
What DDD sale?
22.34%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-04, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Given the rhetoric in the Deep Discount DVD Code & Aftermath thread, I thought I'd see what the general consensus is as to how DDD is handling these orders. Try and keep the general discussion to the official thread, but feel free to post details of your situation if need be.
Old 06-12-04, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I placed two pre-orders, but have only received the second confirmation e-mail for one of them, the order I placed the night before the 'sale' ended. That one is showing up on my order status screen, at the discounted price, but the other one isn't yet.

Rob
Old 06-12-04, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My non-preorder dvds are showing as in-process, still at the sale prices. Nothing has shipped, though i paid the $4.95 shipping, which i think is USPS mail...and USPS was closed yesterday. So i dont really expect anything to ship until monday.

Not really stressing, as long as i dont get charged full price...if i either get the dvds or the order cancelled, i'll still be happy.
Old 06-12-04, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My account info says "Open." I got a confirmation, but not a shipping confirmation. Does that mean everything is on track?
Old 06-12-04, 09:53 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Well, so far:

- placed order around 9AM on Thursday
- received 1st email (no order #) that day WITH discount listed
- received 2nd email (with order #) a few minutes ago today WITHOUT discount listed
- at the moment, the order is not showing up in my account on-line

Currently:
- sent an email to CS with both emails to see what their resolution is in regards to the difference

I placed a pretty large order (around 50+ items, mostly pre-orders) and the pessimist side of me is saying that the order will somehow get "lost", although I'm giving DDD the benefit of the doubt that this might be a computer thing.

Eh, I won't stress if they end up "losing" the order and won't bother pushing it beyond the request for clarification email I sent to CS, but I'd probably be more hesistant to use them for future orders if that's the case.
Old 06-12-04, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
I've been using DDD for years. My order (for the Star Wars set) is still active and at the discount. I'm not going to sweet it unless I hear from them.
Old 06-12-04, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I had three items shipped, the other items are preorders and the discount was indeed applied.
Old 06-12-04, 11:05 AM
Cool New Member

all dvds have shipped; cc not charged yet; discount still applied. everything looks normal at the moment. will see when i receive it.
Old 06-12-04, 11:17 AM

placed a pre-order. got the first email. never got the second with the #, however, it shows up as OPEN on the site with the # there, so i just printed that page out in case there's any trouble.
Old 06-12-04, 11:53 AM

On the bottom, they have the right discounted amount off, but they didn't list the new sale price next to each item.... nothing has been sent yet.

Paul
Old 06-12-04, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So far everything is looking good on my order. Yesterday received an email that all my in stock items were shipped, and the discounts applied. One DVD is on backorder with the remaining portion consisting of preorders.

By the way the poll should have included a placed my order and it disappeared option. Many are making that claim in the other DDD thread. It would have been interesting to know how many had that happen with their orders, and to be able to have an actual percentage and number of lost orders for comparison.
Old 06-12-04, 12:20 PM

They would not give me the discount, so I cancelled my order and took my business elsewhere.
Old 06-12-04, 12:40 PM

Monk Season 1 shipped yesterday at the sale price. The rest of my order are preorders. My account shows the order with all the discounts included.
Old 06-12-04, 01:37 PM

I ordered late in the game (literally minutes before the code went dead) Thursday morning. Received the 1st email immediately, but the confirmation email with the order number took 48 hours before it showed up.

My confirmation order does not reflect the 20% discount, however on the website, my order shows up with the 20% discount applied to the total (not in the individual title prices).

Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 06-12-04 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-12-04, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ordered 11pm first day. Central time.

Received the first email with discount shown.

Now they are "In process" with correct amount. One of them is a preorder (Alias, season 3).
Old 06-12-04, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
not sure exactly what time I placed the order but I recieved my order email on 6/10 at 9:00am eastern time. everything was in stock except for 1 title which comes out this Tues. my status lists "in process" for everything except the 1 preorder with N/A listed for everything on the order.
Old 06-12-04, 02:37 PM

I've received a confirmation email but it doesn't show the discounted prices. I'm going to give them a call and see if they're going to honor the 20% off. If they do, great, if not, I'll just cancel the order.
Old 06-12-04, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Mountain Biker
I've received a confirmation email but it doesn't show the discounted prices. I'm going to give them a call and see if they're going to honor the 20% off. If they do, great, if not, I'll just cancel the order.
check your online order status. many people are reporting a confirmation email without discount but online order staus shows the discount.

My gut feeling is that a bunch of orders came in as the discount codes were being turned off. They orders were stuck in the system since the codes no longer worked. so they had to send the email out once they were able to manually change the order info. the email shows no discount since the system no longer allowed it. The order status shows the manually adjusted information.
Old 06-12-04, 03:35 PM

check your online order status. many people are reporting a confirmation email without discount but online order staus shows the discount.
So if it appears online that's a good sign? I hope so, but you never know......sounds like many of us are in the same boat. If anyone gets confirmation from them about which (the email or the website) is correct, let us know! Thanks
Old 06-12-04, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by HockeyMan2000
So if it appears online that's a good sign? I hope so, but you never know......sounds like many of us are in the same boat. If anyone gets confirmation from them about which (the email or the website) is correct, let us know! Thanks
If it shows online print it out and combined with the first email you are golden.

Your credit card company should have no problem issuing a chargeback if you are charged wrong.
Old 06-12-04, 03:39 PM
Cool New Member

My Cheers Season 2 and Season 3 sets have both shipped. Of course, my Star Wars Trilogy Pre-Order hasn't shipped yet. I just watched the 5 Star Series release of ROTJ last night. I can't wait to see the remastered versions...
Old 06-12-04, 03:47 PM

Pre-Ordered Simpsons Season 4 (June 15th release) on June 9th (with 20% off).

E-mail confirmation on the 10th.

Shipped the 11th. Discount shown on invoice.

Damn! I see now they dropped the price on the boxset by $5. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

Last edited by devynal; 06-12-04 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-12-04, 03:52 PM

Just got a shipping notice for my Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 2 for 23.99. Awesome deal! I also ordered Boomtown and Star Wars Trilogy, but of course they won't ship for awhile
Old 06-12-04, 04:14 PM

Well, so far this informal poll seems to indicate the the vast majority of people are getting their orders honored at the sale price. That would be consistent with my theory that a few orders have been lost, or the discounts weren't applied properly, but there is no company policy not to honor the sale price.
Old 06-12-04, 06:08 PM

sometimes i dont trust online stuff. so i gave them a call. she said my order would either be shipped late yesterday or today and the price she quoted me was the sale price. incendentally, it still shows open on the webpage. and i only received 1 email.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.