Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What's the status of your DDD sale orders?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.
View Poll Results: What is the status of your DDD sale order(s)?
My orders were cancelled!
3.55%
They charged my credit card the wrong amount!
5.58%
My orders are open (and at the sale price), but nothing has shipped yet.
44.16%
My orders are open (and at the sale price), and I've had some things ship.
24.37%
What DDD sale?
22.34%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

What's the status of your DDD sale orders?

Old 06-16-04, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Dah-Dee
Are you sure your card has been actually charged, instead of just being pending charges like those that have been sitting on my card since I placed the order?
The day after I ordered I had a pending charge for 20% off the stuff that shipped Monday + backordered stuff. That disappeared and I had a pending charge for 20% off just the backordered stuff. I still have that pending charge, but now I have a completed charge for 20% off the shipped stuff.

So, if you're worried about your order status charge on the website and you got an email with the correct charge, I think you shouldn't bother the good people at DDD until you're sure you got the wrong charge.
Old 06-16-04, 09:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my order shows

Shipping: $0.00
Order Total: $59.37
Tax Charged: $0.00
Total Charged: $74.21

while my email total is reversed. not sure what I was billed since it's not posted on my cc yet.
Old 06-16-04, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had pending charges that were on my credit card (for the in-stock items) since I placed the order at the discount prices.

Yesterday I got an e-mail that the in-stock items shipped (still with the discount prices), and today it is no longer pending, and my charges haven't been posted.

I'm just going to give it a few days to see what happens. I'm still convinced that everything will work out.

However, I do wish that they would update my order status on their website, so it says that some items have shipped!
Old 06-16-04, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by cleaver
The day after I ordered I had a pending charge for 20% off the stuff that shipped Monday + backordered stuff. That disappeared and I had a pending charge for 20% off just the backordered stuff. I still have that pending charge, but now I have a completed charge for 20% off the shipped stuff.

So, if you're worried about your order status charge on the website and you got an email with the correct charge, I think you shouldn't bother the good people at DDD until you're sure you got the wrong charge.
Thanks for the info!
Old 06-16-04, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just saw my order shipped. I was billed the wrong amount. Fired off an email.
Old 06-16-04, 10:47 AM

I've been charged the full price for the first of my pre-orders that shipped, so I'll be cancelling the rest of the order. I had about 12 discs on it, and I'm not going to contact them each time they screw it up from here on out. This will be the last time I order from DDD. Had they initially cancelled all these orders, I would not have had a problem with it, but saying they would honor the orders, and then not doing so, or doing so only after complaining, is crap. I will re-order these titles at Amazon, who have never given me a problem, even on mispriced items.
Old 06-16-04, 12:21 PM

Well I just got off the phone with a DDD customer service rep. and apparently things are happening a bit differently at the moment. Here's what's going on:

I have confirmation on the website that my order total DOES have the discount applied, though both of my email confirmations do NOT show it being applied. Nearly all of my orders are pre-orders, but one cheap disc ($6) has been shipped out, WITHOUT the discount applied, so I wanted to check out what was going on.

I called up and was told they ARE honoring the discount, even if the order "was placed after the coupon expired." Apparently, even though I placed my order Thursday morning before 10am, it expired even though the discount WAS applied to my order as it is showing at their website.

What he told me -- and I believe this is something new -- is that they will apply my entire discount as an adjustment to my credit card AFTER EVERYTHING HAS SHIPPED AT THE REGULAR PRICE.

So, I asked, even though nearly all of my discs are pre-orders, I'll see an adjustment to my CC after EVERYTHING is done, and he said "yes," and that they will email with that information -- even if it happens to be in August when my order is finished.

Now, I don't know what kind of faith I have in this, but apparently this is what they're doing if
a) your order status shows the discount online BUT
b) you never received an email showing the discount

If you were in the same boat I was, I'd give them a call. He knew immediately what I was talking about and said the adjustment would take place, after everything has shipped, and that they ARE honoring it.

Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 06-16-04 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-16-04, 12:48 PM

Originally posted by Shiv Shankly
I've been charged the full price for the first of my pre-orders that shipped, so I'll be cancelling the rest of the order. I had about 12 discs on it, and I'm not going to contact them each time they screw it up from here on out. This will be the last time I order from DDD. Had they initially cancelled all these orders, I would not have had a problem with it, but saying they would honor the orders, and then not doing so, or doing so only after complaining, is crap. I will re-order these titles at Amazon, who have never given me a problem, even on mispriced items.
My sentiments exactly.
Old 06-16-04, 01:47 PM

Update to prior post. Woohoo! Even though my order status page showed Total Charged as $xxx.xx w/o 20% applied, my CC was debited for the correct order Total. In other words, they got it right!

In summary, for my 14 DVD order placed 4:30 AM, DDD sent me three emails, shipped my entire order and charged the correct amount with the 20% discount applied.
Old 06-16-04, 02:52 PM

Even though the shipping notice I received a couple of days ago was only for 14 items, today I received a package with 25 items -- everything that wasn't a preorder or on backorder. The included invoice doesn't make any mention of the discount, and the online order status is pretty messed up. I only have temporary authorizations on my credit card at the moment, so I can't tell for sure whether they are charging me the correct amount, but it looks like they are.
Old 06-16-04, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Got my DVD's yesterday.
Old 06-16-04, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received the bulk of my order today (6 days from order date to GA...pretty good)... including dukes of hazzard season 1 (which I believe was a pre-order at order time)... all came UPS!!! even though I stuck with free shipping... sounds like floaters in two sets but I haven't opened them yet... will know soon... count me thrilled...thanks DDD
Old 06-16-04, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mine just shipped yesterday, should arrive friday.
Old 06-16-04, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine arrived today, discount and all!
Old 06-16-04, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by heffalump
Update to prior post. Woohoo! Even though my order status page showed Total Charged as $xxx.xx w/o 20% applied, my CC was debited for the correct order Total. In other words, they got it right!

In summary, for my 14 DVD order placed 4:30 AM, DDD sent me three emails, shipped my entire order and charged the correct amount with the 20% discount applied.
I am hoping this is the way it turns out for everyone. I noticed the same thing happened with my order, but my credit charges haven't been posted yet.
Old 06-16-04, 08:57 PM

All my orders have shipped with the correct discount.
Old 06-16-04, 11:49 PM

My story is similar to that of others:

1. Ordered between 12:00 and 2:00 AM CDT.
2. Eventually got three Emails, each giving the discounted price.
3. Website said undiscounted price was charged, but
4. The charge on my card was in fact the 20 per cent off.
5. Breathed sigh of relief an thanks
LJ
Old 06-17-04, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by iamnothitler
My story is similar to that of others:

1. Ordered between 12:00 and 2:00 AM CDT.
2. Eventually got three Emails, each giving the discounted price.
3. Website said undiscounted price was charged, but
4. The charge on my card was in fact the 20 per cent off.
5. Breathed sigh of relief an thanks
LJ
Same thing now happened to me (with 2 orders). I just checked, and both orders with the discount prices were posted to my card. On the DDD website, it says the regular price was charged.
Old 06-17-04, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like all three of my orders have been charged the correct 20% off amount. Including one that was a partial ship, because of preorder/backorders.
Old 06-17-04, 07:22 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
they did not apply the discount, called cust service and had to e-mail the original diswcounted e-mail quote and then I had to also e-mail my response from cust service that they were honoring the 20% off. finally they cfredited my account.

a lot of work to get the discount, but you have to stay on top of it
Old 06-17-04, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Interesing event. Not only did I place and receive one discounted order but for some reason they had a duplicate order. That order was first confirmed showing full price. Before DDD answered my email questioning this second order I received notification it was shipped.

This morning they emailed me again saying to just refuse the second shipment.

Feast or famine!
Old 06-17-04, 07:31 AM

Update: The billing for the items already shipped out hit my CC today; all items billed correctly (despite the DDD website saying that they weren't). Now to wait the two weeks for the stuff to actually get here.
Old 06-17-04, 07:34 AM

Same situation as most. I was unaware that these were old codes, as a matter of fact I had just placed an order on Thursday with no code.

The problem I have is they accepted my order at 20% off...now they've charged my card full price. That's fraud. If they had cancelled the order, I wouldnt have cared.

According to DDD I have no recourse except to return the dvd's or refuse the package. BS, I called Visa and they agreed with me, it's fraud, hence the charge is disputed and DDD gets '0.00'.

Here'e the last email I got from them this morning:

Thank you for contacting DeepDiscountDVD.com!

Again, we will not be honoring this discount. It was not to be released to the public. We are not bound to back up a quote from a source that is not connected with our company. We have removed your name from our email list.
Old 06-17-04, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by fuzzbox
Oh, and the charge still hasn't come through on my card, so I still have no idea what they've REALLY charged me.

-jason
Charge came through yesterday, for the full price. I still haven't heard back from DDD.

My wish for this would only be that DDD could make a REAL DECISION of how they're handling this. So far this thread has had at least 2 people saying that DDD says they'll honor it, including a post FROM SOMEONE AT DDD saying so, at least 2 people saying DDD refuses to honor it, and other variations on those themes. It seems as if they just flip-flop their decision on it depending on the time of the day...

-jason
Old 06-17-04, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,299 Likes on 943 Posts
Too bad you can't update the poll to find out if order status' has changed for the good or bad.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.