Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What's the status of your DDD sale orders?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.
View Poll Results: What is the status of your DDD sale order(s)?
My orders were cancelled!
3.55%
They charged my credit card the wrong amount!
5.58%
My orders are open (and at the sale price), but nothing has shipped yet.
44.16%
My orders are open (and at the sale price), and I've had some things ship.
24.37%
What DDD sale?
22.34%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

What's the status of your DDD sale orders?

Old 06-14-04, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those who complain about their slow delivery times, I received Monk Season 1 boxset today and it was shipped on Friday. Three days delivery to Hawaii is fantastic.
Old 06-14-04, 10:57 PM
Cool New Member

Got my Cheers Season 2 & 3 today, both shipped Friday. My credit card was charged $28.80 for each $57.60. Great deal...
Old 06-14-04, 11:42 PM

Originally posted by shaka
For those who complain about their slow delivery times, I received Monk Season 1 boxset today and it was shipped on Friday. Three days delivery to Hawaii is fantastic.
I have mine shipped to Illinois, the same state they are in. It always takes 10 days.
Old 06-15-04, 01:18 AM

I'm in Illinois and got everything on Monday 6/14. Ordered 6/10.
Even Curb Your Enthusiasm 2, which is supposed to come out tomorrow, came.

Even with the IL tax, great deal!
Old 06-15-04, 08:51 AM

I place 2 orders. I received both initial e-mails immediately after placing the orders. About two days later I received the second round of e-mails with order numbers, however these e-mails didnt reflect the discount. When I look up my orders online the discount is reflected in the total. I just received an e-mail that two of my items shipped, however the e-mail lists the full price and not the discounted price.
Update-I just called DDD and I was charged the full price for everything that shipped. I informed the CSR that I have an e-mail confirming I was eligible for the discount. She put me on hold and then came back and agreed to adjust the prices on everything that had already shipped. When I questioned whether all of my pre-orders (Videodrome, Blazing Saddles, etc.) would ship at the discounted price she told me she couldnt be sure but more than likely that since this order shipped at full price all of my future orders would ship at full price. At that point I told her to just cancel my orders. I cant spend time on the phone at work adjusting DVD prices every time something ships. So much for them honoring the discount!! From now on I will stick to Best Buy and Amazon.

Last edited by Chris Harrison; 06-15-04 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-15-04, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
now it seems like I'm in the boat with the "charged wrong price" people. My Online order status reflects the discounted price, but I just received a shipping notice for part of my order, and was charged full price on it.

I've sent an e-mail to [email protected]. We'll see what happens. the difference between the discount and non-discounted price of my order is only around $35, but still, quoting one price then charging another is not so good...

-jason
Old 06-15-04, 09:21 AM

One of my orders (14 items) just shipped with the proper discount included.
Old 06-15-04, 09:55 AM

I had two orders; parts of both of them (mostly the in-stock stuff and the pre-order of the Simpsons season 4) shipped today with the correct discounts applied (per the email). My shipping status on the web page hasn't changed, so I can't say if it is going to show the right price or not.
Old 06-15-04, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by catsmeow
I have mine shipped to Illinois, the same state they are in. It always takes 10 days.
That's weird. I live in Northwest Indiana and always receive the DVDs the day after I get the shipping confirmation, which is just amazingly fast.

That being said, I received my shipping confirmation today for Flirting with Disaster, Cop Land and Trainspotting.

The other part of the order, Alias season 3, I hope gets here before release! I can't wait to watch the third season!
Old 06-15-04, 11:46 AM

does your order status match your email $$$

Originally posted by icruise
One of my orders (14 items) just shipped with the proper discount included.
I had an order with 14 items ship too. The 3rd email from DDD says everything has shipped, and the discount and amount are correct. That's good news. The bad news is the order status page shows the total charged w/o the discount. I won't worry unless DDD overcharges my CC.

Order Status Page reads:
Order Total: $284.18
Tax Charged: $0.00
Total Charged: $355.22
Old 06-15-04, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
all in stock items have shipped at the discounted price ... now i wait for all the pre-orders, but i feel confident.
Old 06-15-04, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm in MI and my delivery times are never the same. 1 order can show up in 2 days while the next could take 2 weeks.
Old 06-15-04, 02:09 PM

Originally posted by audiophan
$450 worth of dvd's shipped today! we'll see how long it takes for them to arrive
didn't take the very long. my crate arrived today!
Old 06-15-04, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Received my orders today as well!
Old 06-15-04, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 810 Likes on 599 Posts
I received my Die Hard Ultimate Collection Today!!!!! I just received the e-mail stating that it shipped on Friday. This is by far the fastest I have ever received anything from DDD. I checked my cc online and I was charged the discounted price of $40.99. I still have NCAA 2005 for PS2 and the Billy Madison/Happy Gilmore collection on this order.

Last edited by lwhy?; 06-15-04 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-15-04, 02:30 PM

I too, have had great luck with this "sale" My in-stock orders shipped today with the discount.
Old 06-15-04, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
We thought you would like to know...

The item(s) listed below shipped today.

Quantity Item # Description Price
-------- ------------ ---------------------------------------- ----------
1 BVD031545 DVD : CITY OF GOD $ 19.89
1 BVD034574 DVD : TRAINSPOTTING (CE) (2D) $ 19.89
1 HVD001644 DVD : KNIFE IN THE WATER (CRITERION) $ 28.76
1 VMG012359 DVD : RABID (SE) $ 16.49

Merchandise Total: $ 85.03
Tax: $ .00
Shipping & Handling: $ .00
Discount: - $ 17.01
Total for Shipped Items: $ 68.02
Old 06-15-04, 08:37 PM

No Problems

My order arrived today. I ordered 2 items and both arrived in the same package. I previously received the usual email notices confirming the order; confirming the order number; and confirming shipment. All notices showed the discount and my card was charged the correct amount.

I've never had any problems with DDD orders and am very happy this discount order was successful. It was placed around 1 AM on 6/10.
Old 06-15-04, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mine shipped today as well - apparently. The $ per DVD is the non-discounted price as in Chads' post above, but there shows the discount below with the same total as when I placed the order. Now, to check my CC.

Other than that, it's looking good.

Thanks for the heads up - OP!!!
Old 06-15-04, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My order shipped this morning. My order was placed on Thursday night around midnight. I'm not sure yet if my credit card was billed the right amount.
Old 06-16-04, 07:24 AM
Cool New Member

I've yet to receive any e-mails concerning my order. I went to the DDD website and it shows all but one DVD was shipped on Monday. However, it shows a charged amount that DOES NOT take the discount. I checked my credit card transactions and that was what they billed. I've e-mailed customer service to try and get it straightened out. I'm losing a lot of respect for DDD on this one.
Old 06-16-04, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The first part of my order (Robocop Trilogy, Lonesome Dove, Dark City, Simpsons S4, and Monk S1) shipped Monday. The email quoted the discounted price; order status on the DDD website quoted the regular price. But my credit card was charged the right amount, (showed up today) so I'm not going to bother calling it in.
Old 06-16-04, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by fuzzbox
now it seems like I'm in the boat with the "charged wrong price" people. My Online order status reflects the discounted price, but I just received a shipping notice for part of my order, and was charged full price on it.

I've sent an e-mail to [email protected]. We'll see what happens. the difference between the discount and non-discounted price of my order is only around $35, but still, quoting one price then charging another is not so good...

-jason
New Status- received e-mail from DDD saying "We would like to inform you that we are not offering the 20% off offer to any
customers as it is intended for internal testing purposes only.We apologize for
any inconvenience this may have caused to you." Even though my online status still shows the discounted price.

Called a CS rep, and explained the situation, She repeated the above. I said to her "It would be one thing if you had cancelled the orders, but your web site QUOTED me a price, and yet you charged me another. That's not really cool, is it?"

After putting me on hold, she came back and said I should e-mail acopy of my order status to customer service and they'll correct it. I don't know how much hope I have for this..

Oh, and the charge still hasn't come through on my card, so I still have no idea what they've REALLY charged me.

-jason
Old 06-16-04, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm really not sure what's going on with my order now:

I received shipping notices yesterday for 1 order and part of a 2nd. Both notices showed the additional discount, with applicable totals. The DDD order status page, however, shows the full non-discounted total for each order as the "total charged." I called my credit card company, and they say the pending charges (posted when I placed the orders, not yesterday) match what the shipping notices showed for the stuff that went out yesterday (no pending charges for the 2 pre-orders in the 2nd order). I'm really not sure at this point whether they're intending to charge me the full amount or not. Anybody have a guess?
Old 06-16-04, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by cleaver
But my credit card was charged the right amount, (showed up today) so I'm not going to bother calling it in.
Are you sure your card has been actually charged, instead of just being pending charges like those that have been sitting on my card since I placed the order?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.