Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deep Discount DVD Code and Aftermath

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Deep Discount DVD Code and Aftermath

Old 06-10-04, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had about $100 worth of Box sets in my cart and went to lunch... came back to place order and the deal was over.

Smallville 1 and 2
Robocop
Star Wars Set

all gone....

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BTW, if anyone did happen to purchase mutliple sets of any of the above and is willing to sell them at a slight "markup" for your time and trouble, I would be interested in buying them.
Old 06-10-04, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

OK, the username is legit I think (based on previous posts).
Old 06-10-04, 12:39 PM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by dick_grayson
oh man, wouldn't that be something if it was just a troll. Either way, I missed out on the code by about 2 minutes. I had everything in my cart, went to place it and the discount was gone. Oh well....
Nope, it's a legit service rep. Check out the other posts made by cs@deepdiscount:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/search....archid=1871025
Old 06-10-04, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Many thanks to DDD for honoring the orders! Glad I was able to get at least one large order placed before the coupons were pulled.
Old 06-10-04, 12:42 PM

Originally posted by CS@DeepDiscount
Dear DeepDiscountDVD.com Customers,

The promotional code posted on this and other forums was being tested internally and it was not intended to be released to the public yesterday. We do take this matter seriously and are conducting an investigation into exactly where the leak occurred.

We do, however, appreciate your enthusiasm for shopping with DeepDiscountDVD.com and we will honor the orders that we received. We're sorry that many of you were unable to sumbit your orders because of the heavy load on our servers. We had not planned for the additional traffic at this time.

Again, we do thank you for supporting DeepDiscountDVD.com over the years and hope that you'll continue to shop with us in the days to come!

Sincerely,

David Barker
VP Ecommerce
DeepDiscountDVD.com
Thank you very much for honoring these orders.
Old 06-10-04, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by DVD Josh
Well Mr. Cribbs, looks like I wasn't so far off on my comment about the link as you stated, huh?
you mean about it being a test?

I think they are just not telling us they made a mistake.

I see no reason why any company would test codes that are already public from a previous sale and test all of them at the same time.

I am not saying they are lying. I am just saying they are not telling us the real truth

why not test new codes

185?test592/

is a code that is not likely to be guessed and if it was you would know it came from inside. reusing the codes from the last sale would not allow them to find out if it was leaked.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search

the second result showed the code from december
Old 06-10-04, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by DrGerbil
Though there were others on the IGN forums that knew about it before then... but they didn't want the "DVDTALK whores" to know about it.
Well, to be fair to them, the code did die mighty quickly after it got to every deal site on the planet. Not saying who is right or wrong, but you certainly can't blame them for wanting to keep it quiet.
Old 06-10-04, 12:48 PM

That is very gracious of DDD to honor those orders that got in, pre-order dvds and all.. thanks!
DVD Talk Special Edition

Congrats to you all! and boo to me, haha! Oh well who cares, I just picked up Copland 3 weeks before release so I'm happy.
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Quake1028
Well, to be fair to them, the code did die mighty quickly after it got to every deal site on the planet. Not saying who is right or wrong, but you certainly can't blame them for wanting to keep it quiet.
of course not.

I would not want to see codes posted at another site because I like this site and like to see dvdtalk people benefit from deals.

However I would not call other sites whores in the thread.
Old 06-10-04, 12:51 PM

Glad DDD is honoring my 2 item order.

I wouldn't have complained if they didn't under the circumstances.

Old 06-10-04, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I just wasted an entire morning putting $1250 (before coupon) worth of DVDs into my cart. I hadn't finished, but I got tired of waiting on the pages to load, so I figured I'd place another order later. I was not happy to go to checkout and find no box to put in the code. Then I came back here and read what happened. I am not a happy camper at the moment.
Old 06-10-04, 12:53 PM

DDD is the best. I'd understand if they would've cancelled everything, but not doing so really shows class.
Old 06-10-04, 12:58 PM
Cool New Member

DEEPTHROAT DISCOUNT DVD RULESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

thanks for honoring!
Old 06-10-04, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
they once again prove why they get all my orders.
Old 06-10-04, 01:00 PM
Suspended

I ordered all 5 Twilight Zone Boxsets, as well as the 'Season One' Outer Limits Boxset last night. The Coupon was accepted and my order was confirmed online after checkout...but I never received an order confirmation from DDD, and the order isn't showing in the online status.
Old 06-10-04, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got the first email, but not the second one, (with the order confirmation number). Hopefully if I have to send that email back to Cust Svc and ask them to honor my order, they will.
Old 06-10-04, 01:03 PM

Thank you DDD
Old 06-10-04, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,355 Likes on 1,589 Posts
Originally posted by copiedline
DDD is the best. I'd understand if they would've cancelled everything, but not doing so really shows class.
I agree.
I ordered a few discs very early this morning (after the mad rush) and managed to place one extra preorder just under the wire. These were things I was meaning to order from DDD anyway, but the "discount" was just the thing to get me off my ass and do it. Anyway, its very nice of them to honour the orders. (just wish I decided to also order a box set that I was thinking about getting )
Old 06-10-04, 01:16 PM

Honestly, I didn't think that this was a mistake a the time that I placed my orders, or I probably wouldn't have done it. But if I learned anything from my time in the trenches during the DVD deal wars of 2000-2001, it's that you have to pounce on a deal when it's hot. Anyway, kudos to DDD for honoring the orders.
Old 06-10-04, 01:17 PM

Those of you who haven't received a second e-mail or even a first e-mail, just be patient. Do you realize how many people were ordering dvd's for that 12 hour period? Just give it some time. It looks like if you got an order in then you are good to go. Plus the DDD website clearly states it can take up to 24 hours for your order to show.
Old 06-10-04, 01:20 PM
Banned

Originally posted by CS@DeepDiscount
Dear DeepDiscountDVD.com Customers,

The promotional code posted on this and other forums was being tested internally and it was not intended to be released to the public yesterday. We do take this matter seriously and are conducting an investigation into exactly where the leak occurred.

We do, however, appreciate your enthusiasm for shopping with DeepDiscountDVD.com and we will honor the orders that we received. We're sorry that many of you were unable to submit your orders because of the heavy load on our servers. We had not planned for the additional traffic at this time.

Again, we do thank you for supporting DeepDiscountDVD.com over the years and hope that you'll continue to shop with us in the days to come!

Sincerely,

David Barker
VP Ecommerce
DeepDiscountDVD.com

Hmmm, I wonder if this means that a repeat of last years legitimate deal won't happen because of this.
Old 06-10-04, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't think it would make a whole lot of sense for DDD to cancel all the orders. Think of all the new customers they pulled in. I bet they made a lot of money off this.
Old 06-10-04, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Damn, you go to a lunch meeting for a couple of hours and look what happens.

At least I got my order in (mostly pre-orders). This made my morning
Old 06-10-04, 02:13 PM

Ugh. I had about 30 titles I wanted to order, but I got frustrated at the traffic, and figured I'd try again after I ran a few errands this morning. Oh, well, back to Amazon and Share the Love.....

Congrats to those who made it in under the wire!

- Bob

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.