DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   DeepDiscount orders that don't arrive. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/367415-deepdiscount-orders-dont-arrive.html)

jamesdoc 06-01-04 07:30 PM

DeepDiscount orders that don't arrive.

I ordered two separate orders from DDD a few months ago. As some items were back ordered, the orders were split into four different orders going to two different cities. Of these four shipments, only one DVD was delivered. The others with multiple DVDs just didn't arrive. DDD then supposedly reshipped the missing items. None of them arrived. I do not believe there is a problem with the deliveries here in New Zealand, as other orders from other companies are delivered without problems. My thinking is that there is a problem with the shipping at DDD. I have spoken to other people, both here and in Australia, who are having similar problems.

I received refunds from DDD for two of the missing shipments, but they have not paid out for the third order with the reply "This is to inform you that your order is being held due to excessive non-receipts of orders". As I did not receive the DVD, I will have the charge reversed through American Express.

My experience with DDD has been dismal. Not only can they not get DVDs out of their shipping department, they then accuse customers of dishonesty. While they may be ok for US customers, internationally, they are the worst DVD company I have ever dealt with.

If you are thinking of buying from them, I would spend the extra few dollars and buy through a reputable company like Amazon.

cseyer 06-02-04 08:11 AM

I have had nothing but fantastic success with DeepdiscountDVD.com. I dare say that the problem in your situation is not with them but rather with the delivery chain to you. I read your story and see an obvious conclusion, someone is stealing your DVD's before they get to you. DDD did the best they could by resending the order and you still did not receive it. They even refunded most of your money. How far should they go? Hand delivery? Get the rest of you money back from AMEX. I think you are being unreasonable in your assessment of DDD they are an excellent company w/ good CS and great prices.

marty888 06-02-04 09:43 AM

There's nothing dishonest abut DeepDiscount, and it's unfortunate that you have had difficulties. I've always found them to be reliable and helpful, and the one instance when a DVD never arrived, they sent a replacement without hesitation.

Another instance - about a year ago one of my friends placed their first order with them, for an expensive box set. He waited, and it never arrived. He called them, and they sent out a replacement. Remember, this was for an expensive item, and a new customer. Needless to say, he has been placing orders with them ever since.

jamesdoc 06-02-04 07:39 PM

Just because you have had good service cseyer does not mean that other people are not having problems. I am not being unreasonable, I have had bad experiences with DDD. I also disagree with your praise of their cs. It should not take 5 or 6 days to get a reply.

As I said in my post, DVDs from other companies get through. I do think there is a problem with the delivery chain, I just do not think it is here. I have spoken to other people who are having similar problems. If it takes hand delivery to get my DVDs, then yes, I want hand delivery. Actually, all I want is to order a DVD and have it arrive.

I understand that there are other people with no problems with DDD. However, cseyes, to blame me and suggest I am unreasonable because I expect goods I paid for to arrive is ridiculous. Sometimes, in this world, other people have different experiences from yours.

marty888 06-03-04 06:50 AM

Originally posted by jamesdoc
Just because you have had good service cseyer does not mean that other people are not having problems. I am not being unreasonable, I have had bad experiences with DDD. ....
I understand that there are other people with no problems with DDD. However, cseyes, to blame me and suggest I am unreasonable because I expect goods I paid for to arrive is ridiculous. Sometimes, in this world, other people have different experiences from yours.

I <b><i>never</i></b> suggested you were being unreasonable or ridiculous - simply that - <i>as you yourself say</i> - "other people have different experiences".

Adrenaline 06-05-04 09:27 AM

I ordered The Doors - La Woman DVD-Audio disc on the 23rd, it said it was in stock when I ordered it. The next day I went and checked the status and it said backordered till June 5th (today). It would have been nice to know when I ordered it, it wasn't in stock.

This is only my third time ordering and it may be my last barring any extremely good sale since DVD-Soon is price matching now and I've never had any problems with them.

RBGatHome 06-05-04 09:19 PM

My Own Experience With DDD Has Been Very Good

Sorry to hear you have had a poor experience. Personally, I have placed over 40 orders with Deep Discount DVD over the past two years and have had problems only twice. In both cases, the problem was resolved to my satisfaction with only one email.

As several have noted, not everyone's experiences are the same. I would just like folks to know that some of us are very satisfied customers.

With respect to price-matching, I have asked DDD to do this on three occasions. Each time they not only matched, but actually undercut the competitor's price.

victant 06-07-04 01:17 AM

First off, welcome to the new members! :wave:

Second, sorry to hear about your bad experiences with DDDVD, which must be especially frustrating since it seems very much out of your hands at this point.

After many, many orders placed in the past, I've had two orders not reach me within a period of 1 month. Fortunately, replacements were sent out and everyone was happy.

However, looking at others' experiences just on the past replies alone, I wonder just what is going on with these shipments. Who's dropping the ball on them? Admittedly, I've lost shipments from etailers before, namely amazon, but with them, the figures are more like 2 lost with 500 shipments made, all with the free super saver shipping option.

TheKing 06-09-04 03:13 AM

I'm going through a simular situation right now.

I placed an order on May 19th, and according to their site, it shipped on the 20th. Here it is June 9th, and I still haven't received the order. That's 12 business days and 19 days overall.

I placed an order with DVDEmpire that shipped on May 28th. It was a bigger package, and shipped from further away, but I received it on Saturday.

I E-mailed DDD a few minutes ago about this, so I'll have to see how they handle it. But I certainly am now wary of doing business with them again. Even if they handle this properly and resend it, it's unacceptable for an order to take this long to show up.

matome 06-09-04 08:02 AM

For the first time, I tried preordering something from DDD, the Copland SE, since it was $5 cheaper than anyone else and I wasn't gonna pick it up anyway. I got a shipped confirmation email on May 27th, and I still haven't received the disc yet. I emailed them on Friday and haven't heard anything back. :down::down:

shill66 06-09-04 10:33 AM

I got a shipped confirmation email on May 27th, and I still haven't received the disc yet.
It's only been 8 business days. Standard shipping is 5-10 business days. If you do get an email from them, expect it to say "if it hasn't arrived by Friday June 11, please contact us."

But I certainly am now wary of doing business with them again. Even if they handle this properly and resend it, it's unacceptable for an order to take this long to show up.
I agree that it's beyond the 10 days quoted for shipping by DDD. But I don't think it's a question of being wary of them - rather, if you're not in a hurry for something you shouldn't have any qualms about ordering from them again, and of course if you ARE in a hurry for something, order from them but select priority mail shipping instead of free shipping.

It's pretty common knowledge that when ordering from DDD you sometimes have to be extra patient...

TheKing 06-09-04 03:46 PM

Originally posted by shill66
I agree that it's beyond the 10 days quoted for shipping by DDD. But I don't think it's a question of being wary of them - rather, if you're not in a hurry for something you shouldn't have any qualms about ordering from them again, and of course if you ARE in a hurry for something, order from them but select priority mail shipping instead of free shipping.

It's pretty common knowledge that when ordering from DDD you sometimes have to be extra patient...

Amazon has free shipping where I don't have to wait this long. DVDEmpire has free shipping where I don't have to wait this long. The whole point of using DDD is to get the cheapest price, if I have to pay for shipping in order to get the shipment here in less than three weeks, that defeats the purpose.

It's not a matter of being in a hurry to get something, it's a matter of the mail. I don't trust that what I order will get here, and I feel like crap when something is in the mail, but isn't here. I don't care what it is, if it's being shipped to me, I don't feel good until I have it in my hands, and I grow more upset every day I have to wait for it. Not because I'm in a hurry to get it, but because I'm not confident I will get it until it's in my hands.

At least with Amazon and DVD Empire, they provide tracking numbers, so I at least know where my package is. DDD does not. DDD is also the ones that say their free shipping takes 5-10 business days. Now in their response to my E-mail, they say it can take up to 15! Why don't they put that on the site?

What really bugs me about it is that my orders from them usually take 6 days to arrive (overall, not business days). The previous order before this one took the full 10 business days.

DodgingCars 06-09-04 03:52 PM

I've ordered several DVDs from DDD. Generally, I go with them when I order online because they tend to beat the price of the competition -- offer free shipping -- and no sales tax.

Some of my orders have had pretty slow delivery time (over a week), but in general I've had great servide. I can only think of one time I've been upset with their service. They canceled one of my orders without any explanation. When I emailed them, they said there was something wrong with my CC. I had typed in the wrong expiration date. It was partly my fault, but I wish they had emailed me or called me to begin with.

shill66 06-09-04 05:24 PM

Originally posted by TheKing
Amazon has free shipping where I don't have to wait this long.
True, but you have to reach a minimum purchase amount (I think $35?) for free shipping, and their wait is "front-loaded", in other words, they don't even ship it until about 4 days after you order. DDD's free shipping applies to any order amount. I've certainly found myself buying more than I really wanted from Amazon just to get the free shipping. (I don't mean I buy things I don't want, I mean I buy more than I wanted to buy.)

DDD is also the ones that say their free shipping takes 5-10 business days. Now in their response to my E-mail, they say it can take up to 15! Why don't they put that on the site?
Yeah, actually I thought that was odd, because I was sure their site used to say 10-15 business days. But it certainly says 5-10 right now.

What really bugs me about it is that my orders from them usually take 6 days to arrive (overall, not business days). The previous order before this one took the full 10 business days.
My orders usually take a few days, but then I do live in Chicago. Nevertheless, I've had several orders that took the walker express and didn't show up for three weeks. I rarely order from them anyway these days, I just stop in their store every week instead.

GatorDeb 06-10-04 11:11 AM

I had a wonderful experience with them in the past. Then I used their 20% off during the holidays. I would get shipments with partial DVDs in them... so yes technically I received the order, only that the order is not all there. Then when you call they treat you like a criminal. I'll never buy there again. Another 20% off? No thanks, I'd rather pay the extra $5 and get it at Amazon or Best Buy or do what I'm doing now and rent.

It's what I've found with everything... it's great until you personally have a problem. Then it doesn't matter if most people never have a problem. I had bought from DDD for years prior to that and was a very satisfied customer.

So no, you're not the only one.

TheKing 06-11-04 07:19 AM

Well, I finally received my order...it came on the 14th business day, and 3 weeks to the day they said it was shipped.

It's here, so I can stop worrying about it now...