DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   bestbuy.com (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/364434-bestbuy-com.html)

jkester 05-15-04 08:15 PM

bestbuy.com

i ordered the criterion hitchcock box set (yes, it said in stock) from bestbuy.com on may 7th. It still hasn't arrived as of today (the 15th). It says "left the fulfilment center" and has since day 2, but it still isn't here and the message won't change. Is this normal for bestbuy.com?

fumanstan 05-15-04 09:18 PM

I wouldn't worry too much. My orders from BestBuy.com have ususally taken about a week to ship... since you ordered on a Friday, it may not have been actually sent out until the next Monday, and with another weekend now, you can probably expect it early this upcoming week.

jkester 05-15-04 09:19 PM

glad to hear that i shouldn't worry. the "tracking" page has said "check back in 24hours for more info" for more than a week now, without changing so that's what made me a bit unsure.

Daytripper 05-18-04 06:53 AM

Originally posted by jkester
glad to hear that i shouldn't worry. the "tracking" page has said "check back in 24hours for more info" for more than a week now, without changing so that's what made me a bit unsure.
jkester, did you get your order yet? Strangely enough, I was about to post about my Best Buy delay which was identical to yours (date wise) and still haven't received mine.

jkester 05-18-04 03:56 PM

nope. package still isn't here. :(

Rival11 05-18-04 10:39 PM

You sould definitely ask..............I will be honest with you and tell you that it sounds like it was lost in the mail, no big deal though, they should send another out right away for free (after you ask).

Seriously, it sounds like you need to contact them.

jkester 05-18-04 10:41 PM

the fact that daytripper has the same problem is actually kind of reassuring. My mail service is also generally terrible. i'll give them another day before i contact them i think.

Daytripper 05-18-04 11:08 PM

I e-mailed them twice, no response. I don't have time to call them. Last time I was on hold for 20-30. I'll give them another few days. But this is kind of ridiculous.

jkester 05-18-04 11:09 PM

yeah dude, but we're in this together! :p

Rival11 05-18-04 11:12 PM

yeah dude, but we're in this together! :p
And as a fellow member trying to help :thumbsup: - call them, I wouldn't wait at all - you've both waited long enough and besides, the amount of shit you're gonna have to go through to finally get your goods will give you a bit of a headache (sorry, I forgot to mention the headache part......at least for me it was a little bad).

jkester 05-18-04 11:14 PM

yeah, after discounting your advice in my post i ran over to bestbuy.com and emailed them. :p we'll see what develops.

Rival11 05-18-04 11:26 PM

yeah, after discounting your advice in my post i ran over to bestbuy.com and emailed them. :p we'll see what develops.
Good - let me know how you make out. (It took me a half hour of phone talk to finally make the experts realize I didn't get it).

Daytripper 05-19-04 07:27 AM

Another down side about calling them.....We are talking about Best Buy here. Ever dealt with them face to face in their store? Nuff said.

jkester 05-19-04 02:42 PM

NOTHING TODAY! :( I'm gonna give 'em a call.

Rival11 05-19-04 09:06 PM

Good - and don't go easy on them either.

Daytripper 05-19-04 09:16 PM

Sorry jkester....I finally got mine today. I still don't know what the hold up was. Mine was a brand new title. Hope you get your order soon. Call me for back up if you need it ;)

jkester 05-19-04 09:23 PM

glad to hear one of us has it solved. i actually didn't get a chance to call them today cuz of a dinner party but i will tomorrow. The fact that you finally got yours gives me some hope. :)

ElementZ 05-19-04 09:43 PM

goto http://www.bestbuysux.org if you would like piece of mind. :)

Daytripper 05-19-04 09:50 PM

Originally posted by ElementZ
goto http://www.bestbuysux.org if you would like piece of mind. :)
Watch it now. You're dangerously approaching "bitching". Check out the other anti-Best Buy thread in this forum ("How bad are the workers at Best Buy?")

jkester 05-19-04 10:38 PM

Elementz, i've seen that link no less than 1million times in my dvdtalk career. i'm the first to admit that they have there faults, but i think the pro's outweigh the con's. that said, i may be wary of using bestbuy.com in the future. Also, the level of hatred people have directed @ a retail store is nothing short of amazing and a tad bit frightening.

jkester 05-20-04 05:59 PM

it still hasn't come. i called them today and they said that they cannot re-ship or issue a refund until after 21days since shipping. what utter B.S. Anyway, I guess I'll call em up for a refund on the 28th.