DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Will Wal-Mart reprint a receipt? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/362934-will-wal-mart-reprint-receipt.html)

Dead 05-07-04 02:04 PM

Will Wal-Mart reprint a receipt?

Does anyone know if Wal-Mart will reprint a receipt? I need a receipt for a rebate, but appear to have lost the original.

eau 05-07-04 04:27 PM

I doubt it.

Circuit City does reprint receipts. Target may not reprint receipts but if you pay by check or credit card, they can look it up for you (then probably do a return and repurchase or something).

Dead 05-08-04 08:36 AM

Originally posted by eau
I doubt it.

Circuit City does reprint receipts. Target may not reprint receipts but if you pay by check or credit card, they can look it up for you (then probably do a return and repurchase or something).

I kind of doubt it myself, but am really hoping that someone can verify one way or the other. I know that, like you mentioned, some stores will.

dvd-fanman 05-10-04 03:31 PM

It is possible for Wal-Mart to print you a receipt. However, there are some details that you MUST have or they are unable to locate the receipt.

First:

You MUST visit the Wal-Mart where the transaction took place. Stores cannot locate receipts that were generated at neighboring stores.

Second:

If you paid in CASH, you must know the EXACT DATE of the transaction and EXACT FINAL TOTAL of the transaction or the receipt will not be found.

If you paid with a CREDIT CARD you must know the EXACT DATE of the transaction and provide your FULL account number in order for the associates to look up your receipt.

If you paid with a GIFT CARD you must know the EXACT DATE of the transaction as well as the FULL GIFT CARD number located on the back of the card or the receipt will not be found.

Some stores have policies regarding printing receipts for electronics department items due to theft, so you may not be able to get a receipt printed if this involves an electronics department item.

Your best bet is to visit the store and speak to an Assistant Manager regarding the situation. Bring all of the rebate materials with you as this will show that you intend to use the receipt for a rebate and might help sway the manager as to getting you the receipt printed.

Abob Teff 05-10-04 05:47 PM

Shell out some dough for day: re-buy the item and ask for a gift receipt. Return the item with the gift receipt, keep the original. Can I say that in here? It isn't scamming Wallyworld.

Dead 05-11-04 11:49 AM

Originally posted by dvd-fanman
It is possible for Wal-Mart to print you a receipt. However, there are some details that you MUST have or they are unable to locate the receipt.

Thanks... as I now have experienced, yes they can! Now I just need to see about getting the rest of my paperwork in line. :)