Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Netflix- Cut your membership fees.

Old 05-03-04, 11:28 PM

Netflix- Cut your membership fees.

Well are you unhappy with the price hike that Netflix is pulling? Well, here's some interesting read that I found. Instead of paying more, try paying less than you pay now. How you ask, Here ya go.

"As the Post notes, Netflix anticipates that more customers will bail in response to the price increase. If you're a Netflix customer, you can profit from their anticipating your leaving. As of 10:23 PM on April 17th, Netflix customers who cancel their accounts are offered a much better deal than what they had before. In my case, my monthly rental fee was $14. When I clicked the cancel button, they acted like a Tijuana street merchant and said "Wait! Don't Leave! We'll make it $11.95!" If you're a regular 3 DVD-out customer they may not lower the price but something tells me they're clueless as to how the market would react to their price hike and hedged."
Old 05-04-04, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Netflix did this even before the price hike...you would go to cancel and they would offer you a lower rate to stay on.
Old 05-04-04, 09:40 AM

I cancelled after a couple of months and didn't get a reduced offer and I haven't received an email from them since either.
Old 05-04-04, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Waiting for more opinions. Don't want to cancel, don't want to have my bluff called.
Old 05-04-04, 01:00 PM

Just cancelled 5 days ago, and all they did was give me a little survey on satisfaction and why I was leaving. No offer to stay for a lower price. I would have taken it.
Old 05-04-04, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

when i cancelled a few months ago, i was offered a lower price. i believe it was 17.99 for 3 out.
Old 05-04-04, 09:37 PM

I just read this and posted it. I'm sure there's no 100% forsure thing, but it did sound like something a company would do.
Old 05-04-04, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
I got a discount in March when I tried to cancel - good till September.
Old 05-06-04, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk God

I'd be really afraid to do this. I've got the "grandfathered" 4 out at the price of 3. They'd love to get rid of me as a customer.
Old 05-06-04, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Seeker
I got a discount in March when I tried to cancel - good till September.
I did the same but I understand that if you try it a second time they'll let you go. You can't keep the discount forever. I don't know if they make the offer the first time you quit anymore. Can't hurt to try. You can always rejoin at normal rates.