DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   How Bad Are The Workers At Best Buy (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/359686-how-bad-workers-best-buy.html)

djflex 04-20-04 08:17 PM

How Bad Are The Workers At Best Buy

I think the workers at Best Buy are dumbest employees of any store in the United States. They make up rules when it comes to Price Matches and it takes them hours to operate a register. They have to call over people to solve problems and those workers are just as stupid. Best Buy is the worst store and their employees were hired straight from the streets.

Whatever you do; dont ever buy from Best Buy Again.

Anyone else share my frustration?

Dah-Dee 04-20-04 08:18 PM

[Obligatory] Nice bargain :rolleyes: [/Obligatory]

HumanResearch 04-20-04 08:27 PM

Yeah I hate best buy too. On the other hand, I'm a slave to their reward zone.

NaturalMystic79 04-20-04 08:52 PM

Not only are the employees in the store incompetent, but at corporate they are lazy too,.. I'm still waiting for my reward coupons!! :(

wolverine1028 04-20-04 09:00 PM

I only make simple purchases that do not require complex human interaction. In the rare and unfortunate situations that I have to make a return, they have been incompetent.

I waited for a salesperson for 45 minutes on a computer deal and ended up walking out after lack of service. I ended up buying somewhere else.

Hope you guys have better luck than me.

babka 04-20-04 09:02 PM

WORST STORE EVER...100% AGREE WITH YOU! Just try returning something WITH a receipt. They look at you and treat customers like sh-t. You will always hear someone arguing with a cashier.

I stopped shopping at this rude place over 5 years ago. I have purchased really big ticket items and am VERY happy they got zero business from me and the company I work AND shop for!

Tarantino 04-20-04 09:31 PM

You guys are pathetic.

No matter how much you cry and whine, you always go back. They're the number one retailer in this nation and there's a reason why.

asianxcore 04-20-04 09:50 PM

the times I did have to pricematch, I had no problem at all. took all of 5 minutes.

fumanstan 04-20-04 10:01 PM

No problems here.

antennaball 04-20-04 10:16 PM

Yeah, I love them.

You guys DO realize that it's not like there's a "Best Buy Employees Ranch" somewhere in Montana, in which all employees are pulled from, right? It's just like ANY retail chain, some stores will have horrible service and incompetence and some will be fine.

Rants and raves and saying "never shop at Best Buy" are pointless.

Pasco 04-21-04 12:38 AM

I ordered Master & Commander online and tried the pick-up option. I go there on my lunch break to pick it up. I just knew it wasn't gonna work out. They put aside the regular version and when I told the employee I had paid for the special edition, it seemed like she had just had a brain freeze. After she had to look it up to make sure I wasn't making this up, even though everything was printed clearly on the paper I printed out, she seemed to understand the predicament. After some time she came to the conclusion that they were sold out. She said they only got in six copies of it (in NYC?!). Her remedy was to refund it. Wow, thanks. How'd you know I wanted to walk across the park in abnormally warm weather, sucking in car fumes, wasting my time, having five minutes for lunch, and receiving a piece of paper saying that I paid $30 for nothing? Okay, so I get home and try to order it online, vowing to never do the whole pick-up thing. D'oh!! Sold out!! If it wasn't for the bonus disc, I would have went my normal route and gone DDD, where the prices are great as is the customer service. Best Buy's namesake says it all. There's no mention of customer service. I so wanted to take it out on the woman behind the counter, but I know it was not her fault (unless she was the retard who pulled the wrong item). I was in retail for many years and both sides of the counter blow. It's not so much that they're (hopefully temporarily) sold out, it's that I went out of my way to make sure that I got one before they sold out, and have nothing to show for it, but some sweaty pits. This hasn't been the first time for me too, I'm still waiting for my bonus Matrix Reloaded DVD after several conversations with customer service.

cupon 04-21-04 01:05 PM

In my experience the customer service desk (returns, price-matches, online order pick-ups) contains the slowest, most retarded brainfarts I have ever seen. The rest of the store seems to operate in another dimension of greater efficiency. As long as I don't have to go to the customer service desk, I consider my shopping experience at best buy decent.

Shannon Nutt 04-21-04 02:41 PM

Best Buy is great for DVDs and low-end items. However, if you're buying a TV, computer, DVD player or something else - it can be a customer service nightmare if anything's wrong with your product.

They are horrible with deliveries too...mainly because they contract them out to another company.

devilpants 04-21-04 06:07 PM

Don't forget to go to www.bestbuysux.org-smile-

boredsilly 04-21-04 08:08 PM

I've never really had an issue with them. A few times cd's were marked lower on the shelves than what they actually costs, but I just put them back. No harm no foul. Quite a few times things were actually rung up cheaper when I got to the front of the store. Always a good feeling.

People are quick to generalize, but not all BB employees are teh suck.

svenge 04-21-04 08:31 PM

You have to remember, even if 99% of a given chain's employees are good (no idea of knowing the real percentage,) that bad 1% multiplied by the number of customers that get frusterated at them is still a really big number in Best Buy's case.

al_bundy 04-21-04 08:39 PM

sometimes the servie ticks me off, but i don't really care. i would rather have low prices than good employees. that is why circuit city is having problems.

siberianhusky 04-21-04 09:04 PM

Originally posted by Tarantino
You guys are pathetic.

No matter how much you cry and whine, you always go back. They're the number one retailer in this nation and there's a reason why.

I thought Walmart was the 1# retailer in the nation. I'll just assume your one of the many morons that work there. I never shop there, circuit city will gladly price match any thing they have cheaper.

POWERBOMB 04-21-04 10:17 PM

Attacking another poster is walking the line in this forum.

Never had a problem at Best Buy that I don't get at Wal-Mart, Target or any other retailer. And Tarantino does have a point:

No matter how much you cry and whine, you always go back.

Tom O' Bedlam 04-21-04 10:21 PM

Originally posted by Tarantino
You guys are pathetic.

Yeah Tarantino don't you work at best buys?

Well are you the exclusion to the rule or an example of it?

How about you tell us why your company suck.

UAIOE 04-22-04 03:44 AM

I've never had a problem with an employee..

...then again i know what i want when i go in there.

When they dont have what i want for the price i wanna pay then i walk out the door and into another store that does.

Dave C 04-22-04 05:04 AM

Originally posted by Tom O' Bedlam
Yeah Tarantino don't you work at best buys?

Well are you the exclusion to the rule or an example of it?

How about you tell us why your company suck.

Leave him alone.

From reading his posts over time it's obvious he's a bright guy (your post doesn't instill much confidence btw). If I were among the many smart people that work at Best Buy I'd get sick of seeing these posts all the time too.

I don't blame him (or anyone else for that matter) for swinging back.

resinrats 04-22-04 11:42 AM

Tarantino does have a point. For months/years now people have been saying how Best Buy is horrid and you should never go there. Yet, people keep going there to shop.

siberianhusky 04-22-04 02:02 PM

How do you know these people keep on going? I certainly don't, I might stop bye to pick up an ad for a price match, or defraud them in someway with a return, thats fun, but thats about it. :)

Josh H 04-22-04 02:21 PM

No worse than any other big chain store. Actually better than most Wal-marts IMO.

I just never ask for their assistance, don't bother with price matches etc. I just go to these stores when I know what I want, and know they have it a price I'm willing to pay.