Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Might have to kill time in Iselin, New Jersey. Any suggestions for cool places to..

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Might have to kill time in Iselin, New Jersey. Any suggestions for cool places to..

Old 04-07-04, 02:47 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Reviewer
Thread Starter
 
Rogue588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Posts: 15,094
Might have to kill time in Iselin, New Jersey. Any suggestions for cool places to..

I'm pretty sure I might have to kill some time in Iselin, New Jersey soon.

Any Jersey-ites know of some cool places to find DVDs [new &/or used] ?

Thanks.
Rogue588 is offline  
Old 04-10-04, 10:34 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Exit 10, NJ
Posts: 2,753
Cool? No. You are driving, right? Or is Amtrak dumping you off at MetroPark? Cause, if you don't have a car there is nothing much aroung the station except corporate parks.

There are 3 malls within a 10 - 15 minute drive. Unfortunately CD World in Menlo ParkMall just closed. There is a B&N at that mall and a Suncoast at Woodbridge. The only place you are going to find used CDs and DVDs is at Coconuts on Rte 1 South between Menlo Park and Woodbridge Malls.

All the popular B&Ms are within a 10 minute drive.

There is a great Mexican restaurant on Rte 1 near Woodbridge Mall. Tejada's is the name of it I think but we call it Jose Good Eats because of the sign outside of it.

If you like Indian food, Iselin is the home of NJ's "Little India" area. We like Udupi's on Oak Tree Road but just about any other than Bombay Hut it good.

edit: There are plenty of mom and pops video stores sprinkled throughout the area but they are hit or miss regarding what they have. There was one on Rte 27 in Metuchen but it's been a long time since I've been there. I don't know if it's even still in business.

Last edited by garolo; 04-10-04 at 10:37 AM.
garolo is offline  
Old 04-10-04, 10:46 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,055
Besides me, how many other members reside in this town!?
scroll2b is offline  
Old 04-10-04, 10:48 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,055
And what brings you here, anyway? And stop saying that you want to kill time. There are better expressions, aren't there?
scroll2b is offline  
Old 04-10-04, 10:49 AM
  #5  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 134
I've lived here for 21 years and love the area because there's just so much around. Two great malls, tons of stores and many great resturants. It's more or less like everything is in an arm's reach of you.

I'm not sure if you're into music but there is Vintage Vinyl in Ford's. It's an amazing store with thousands of music titles, music DVDs, records and collectibles. They also sell used music and may sell used DVDs too. Probably about 5-10 minutes away in driving distance from Metropark Train Station. I've easily killed countless hours there without any effort. It's located on northbound Route 1 between Menlo and Woodbridge Malls. It's in a small strip mall right before the Parkway entrance.

Just to clarify what Garlo said about the Mexican Resturant it's calle "Jose Tejas." They have great food which is so cheap. It's under $25 for two people!

Anyway, enjoy your visit to Iselin!
*RG3* is offline  
Old 04-10-04, 10:53 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,055
Got Iselin?
scroll2b is offline  
Old 04-10-04, 12:56 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Exit 10, NJ
Posts: 2,753
Originally posted by *RG3*
I've lived here for 21 years and love the area because there's just so much around. Two great malls, tons of stores and many great resturants. It's more or less like everything is in an arm's reach of you.

I'm not sure if you're into music but there is Vintage Vinyl in Ford's. It's an amazing store with thousands of music titles, music DVDs, records and collectibles. They also sell used music and may sell used DVDs too. Probably about 5-10 minutes away in driving distance from Metropark Train Station. I've easily killed countless hours there without any effort. It's located on northbound Route 1 between Menlo and Woodbridge Malls. It's in a small strip mall right before the Parkway entrance.

Just to clarify what Garlo said about the Mexican Resturant it's calle "Jose Tejas." They have great food which is so cheap. It's under $25 for two people!

Anyway, enjoy your visit to Iselin!
I totally forgot about Vintage Vinyl. Definitely go there. It's like Second Coming on 2nd Ave in the East Village (that's NYC).

Jose Tejas. Thanks RG3. Like I said, the big sign outside says Jose Good Eats. The tejas part gets drowned out by other words.
garolo is offline  
Old 04-10-04, 01:16 PM
  #8  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 134
Jose Tejas. Thanks RG3. Like I said, the big sign outside says Jose Good Eats. The tejas part gets drowned out by other words. [/B]
You don't know how long it took me to remember the name and then properly pronounce it. lol Jose Tejas = Hosay Teehas

Last edited by *RG3*; 04-10-04 at 01:19 PM.
*RG3* is offline  
Old 04-12-04, 03:56 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Sessa17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: NJ, the place where smiles go to die
Posts: 7,393
Re: Might have to kill time in Iselin, New Jersey. Any suggestions for cool places to..

Originally posted by Rogue588
I'm pretty sure I might have to kill some time in Iselin, New Jersey soon.

Any Jersey-ites know of some cool places to find DVDs [new &/or used] ?

Thanks.
Awesome. Not DVD, related, & I may be thinking of somebody else, but don't you sometimes post in the comic book threads in the book forum? I ask b/c, the comic book store I run is right next to the heart of Iselin. It would be awesome if you could stop by. If I'm thinking of somebody else then ignore this post If not, post here or hit me up with an email & I'll give you some details.
Sessa17 is offline  
Old 04-13-04, 04:22 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Reviewer
Thread Starter
 
Rogue588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Posts: 15,094
Re: Re: Might have to kill time in Iselin, New Jersey. Any suggestions for cool places to..

Originally posted by Sessa17
Awesome. Not DVD, related, & I may be thinking of somebody else, but don't you sometimes post in the comic book threads in the book forum? I ask b/c, the comic book store I run is right next to the heart of Iselin. It would be awesome if you could stop by. If I'm thinking of somebody else then ignore this post If not, post here or hit me up with an email & I'll give you some details.
Doh! It is me. [And if vBulletin wasn't so DAMN picky about HTML, i'd post more frequently] But, alas, i've already visted NJ.

On the 8th.

Yep, that's right. All this great information my fellow DVD Talkers is all for naught.

And, get this, since i've been sidelined with a Sore Throat/Cold, when I went last week, I ended up sleeping in the car for 5 hours. Didn't go anywhere. But, I thank you all for the information. I have jotted down things that sounded interesting to me [that Mexican restaurant and Vintage Vinyl sound cool].

Perhaps i'll visit again when i'm germ-free.
Rogue588 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.