Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Questions re: amazon.com's preorder shipping policy

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 03-26-04, 12:54 AM

So I preorder Panic Room SE today (3/25), and my confirmation e-mail says it will ship on 4/6 and be delivered as late as 4/12. To me this is unacceptable! If the release date is 3/30 how can they ship the DVD a week after?

I thought people usually got preorders delivered on release date. If this is not amazon.com's policy, I won't be ordering from them again.
Old 03-26-04, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I can't be very specific in all cases but, IIRC correctly, even though it shows a shipping date a week or so after release I think they have always shipped within a day or two after for the few I have done.
Old 03-26-04, 01:17 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you chose free shipping, the shipping date shown in your order is almost always a week or so after the release date. They want to encourage you to choose standard shipping for faster shipping. However, if the order is a preorder, they almost always ship it out earlier regardless of free or paid shipping.

Your Panic Room SE should very likely be shipped out around this Sunday.
Old 03-26-04, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Questions re: amazon.com's preorder shipping policy

Originally posted by rossi46
So I preorder Panic Room SE today (3/25), and my confirmation e-mail says it will ship on 4/6 and be delivered as late as 4/12. To me this is unacceptable! If the release date is 3/30 how can they ship the DVD a week after?

I thought people usually got preorders delivered on release date. If this is not amazon.com's policy, I won't be ordering from them again.
Amazon never had the best reputation for getting preorders delivered on or before release date. I usually receive my shipments a day or two after Tuesday. And I never pay attention to the estimated dates because they are never correct. It should ship sooner unless there is a delay with the arrival of stock which sometimes can happen on a rare occasion.
Old 03-26-04, 10:05 AM

Thanks, guys! I really wasn't looking forward to waiting until mid-April.

I actually sent Amazon an e-mail last night before posting here. The response wasn't a solid answer, but they did give me a $10 off coupon code.