DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   amazon deleted(?) my account and trouble getting order?! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/351611-amazon-deleted-my-account-trouble-getting-order.html)

ravan 03-08-04 01:40 PM

amazon deleted(?) my account and trouble getting order?!

ARGH!.. I am in the midst of moving, so I ordered a TV, having it shipped to the new address, giving the correct billing address (thats on my creditcard) to make sure address verification was ok.

2 days later i get a letter saying they need the billing telephone number by email - no problem, I email that.

3 days later (now) I cant log into my account.. My email address shows up as [email protected]D in the login box.

Cant log in with that or the correct one. Called amazon, (THANKS CSR PHONELIST!) they cant see it...

They can 'look into it' and call me back in xx days..

WTF!!! Advice? Been a customer for 5 years or so and never had problems. sigh!

eau 03-08-04 04:10 PM

Send an email to [email protected] if you can't get the problem resolved within a reasonable amount of time.

Let us know if it works out.

ravan 03-08-04 04:17 PM

Giving them a day or two, then doing that - Thanks.

I updated my creditcard to new billing/shipping address - maybe that helps. Pretty rude to just delete my account and not even tell me!

ravan 03-09-04 03:36 PM

I am back in my account now.. but I am SOOOOO pissed at amazon!

- They lock my account
- They cancel my order
- They dont bother to TELL me about it
- And now the price went up by $1000 (!), item not in stock
- And they tell me too bad, not their problem.

chanster 03-09-04 03:58 PM

What were you doing that your account was locked?

ravan 03-09-04 05:29 PM

Absolutely nothing! Hence my upset-ness!

What caused it was that I ordered a TV with a different shipping address than the billing address. All info was put in as it should etc..

Laser Movies 03-09-04 06:31 PM

Originally posted by ravan
Absolutely nothing! Hence my upset-ness!

What caused it was that I ordered a TV with a different shipping address than the billing address. All info was put in as it should etc..

Every order I place at Amazon uses different addresses for shipping and billing. So far they never closed or locked my account. I can see if they were concerned about possible fraud but they should have tried contacting you, or asked for you to contact them if there was a problem. At least they should honor the original price of the order if everything is straightened out with your account.

eau 03-10-04 03:02 PM

raven, did you try to resolve the problem with [email protected]?

The regular helpline won't help much. However, the resolution dept has more power and should be able to reinstate your account and honor your original order, since it wasn't your fault at all.

ravan 03-10-04 03:05 PM

I send them an email yesterday. Waiting to see..

For the order I called another place, got the same (original price) and less shipping, so buying it there.

This has been a real eye openener..I always believed amazon to be a great company, but they have gone to my last-resort list now for online purchases.