DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Someone explain this to me. (Amazon) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/344781-someone-explain-me-amazon.html)

DumDum 02-02-04 07:54 AM

Someone explain this to me. (Amazon)

I've been in a squabble with Amazon the last couple of days over this order. Why am I being charged $3.97? Why is there a different order total at the bottom? They can't seem to answer my question.

Items Ordered Price 1 of: Maitresse - Criterion Collection [DVD]
By: Barbet Schroeder (Director), et al
$25.46
- 1 item(s) Gift options: None
_ 1 of: The Rules of the Game - Criterion Collection [DVD]
By: Jean Renoir (Actor), et al
$27.97
- 1 item(s) Gift options: None
_
Item(s) Subtotal:$53.43
Shipping & Handling:$3.97
Share the Love: -$2.80
Super Saver Discount:-$3.97_
--Total Before Tax:$50.63
Gift Certificate Amount:-$50.63_
Total for This Shipment:$0.00
Total paid by Gift Certificate:$50.63
--------------------------------------------
Payment Information___
Item(s) Subtotal:$53.43
Shipping & Handling:$3.97
Share the Love: -$2.80
Super Saver Discount:-$3.97_
Total Before Tax:$54.60
Estimated Tax:$0.00
Gift Certificate Amount:-$50.63_
Grand Total:$3.97

Eric F 02-02-04 09:40 AM

Their accounting system is screwed up. That happened to me a few times and was never charged the extra amount.

Watch to see if the actual charge shows up.

boc4ever 02-02-04 07:22 PM

It looks to me like the system thought your order didn't qualify for free super saver shipping because the total was 0 after the gift certificate was applied. If that makes any sense...

DumDum 02-02-04 08:17 PM

Originally posted by boc4ever
It looks to me like the system thought your order didn't qualify for free super saver shipping because the total was 0 after the gift certificate was applied. If that makes any sense...

That's what I kinda thought. I emailed them numerous times about it and they gave me this standard form letter answer.
It's not a big deal really, but it's just the principal of the whole thing.

boc4ever 02-02-04 09:25 PM

Originally posted by DumDum
That's what I kinda thought. I emailed them numerous times about it and they gave me this standard form letter answer.
It's not a big deal really, but it's just the principal of the whole thing.

I know where you are coming from. I can't understand why Amazon cannot hire someone to correct their technical issues once and for all?!

DumDum 02-03-04 12:05 AM

Well, it turns out Eric was right. Just got a shipping confirmation and my order total came up -0-
All that bitching and moaning for nothing :lol:

mookiemeister 02-07-04 05:30 PM

Originally posted by boc4ever
I know where you are coming from. I can't understand why Amazon cannot hire someone to correct their technical issues once and for all?!
Speaking of technical issues on Amazon, are people noticing some problems associated with the wish list? For some strange reason, I'm having problem adding items to the wish list.

speedy1961 02-07-04 05:58 PM

Stop wishing for things mookiemeister ;)

mookiemeister 02-07-04 07:06 PM

Originally posted by speedy1961
Stop wishing for things mookiemeister ;)
:lol:

I have so many items on my wish list, yet not enough money to satisfy my wishes.

Laser Movies 02-08-04 01:26 AM

Originally posted by mookiemeister
Speaking of technical issues on Amazon, are people noticing some problems associated with the wish list? For some strange reason, I'm having problem adding items to the wish list.
I can't access or add anything to my wish list tonight at Amazon. And I keep getting an error message whenever I try going to my wish list page.