Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVD Soon, more like DVD Never

Old 01-22-04, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DVD Soon, more like DVD Never

I am now having the unfortunate experience of having ordered with dvdsoon. I placed an order for Lone Wolf and Cub - Baby Cart at the River Styx on their website on 12/30/03. It said on their website at the time it is on order 3-5 days. I've checked the status on it the past 3 weeks and it still sits in pending status.

I, just looking for the best price, ordered this title not reading their terms and conditions. I have now found out that if I cancel my CC would be refunded in 21 days or I would get a credit for something else in their store. I don't want anything else in their store.

DVD Soon sucks, stay away, and be sure to read terms and conditions from the websites you order from. In 5 years of buying DVDs online, this is the only real problem I've ever had.
Old 01-23-04, 01:49 PM

I had the same problem with my first (and last) order with them several months ago - I was charged immediately and it never shipped. When I cancelled the order, they refused to give me a refund and would only issue a store credit, despite what their website says. They kept giving me some BS line about how they were not "set up" to issue refunds. I finally had to call my credit card company to have the charge removed.

I agree with you - DVDsoon Sucks and, in my opinion, are downright liars and crooks. I know that some people have had good experiences with them, but I'm staying far, far away.
Old 01-23-04, 03:45 PM

same here - ordered 6 dvds on 30/12 to get the free priority shipping -4 got delivered (they were catalogue items) but the 2 I wanted most - alien and aliens - have still not left. Strange, since they came out on the 6th jan. so I canceled them today and ordered from cdwow

they have a nice website and good prices, the free priority shipping with 6+ items is great however they rarely have items in stock. Good for stuff you do not need quickly.
Refunds suck thought - they have a page up that you can request your store credit refunded to your card and it can take upto 21 days
Old 01-23-04, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
I'm one of those who always defends DVD Soon. Yes, they can be slow and yes, if you want a refund it's a pain (I just take the credit and use it later) and yes, they won't let you order more than eight at a time and...

But I have saved more money overall than I think I could have saved with anyone else and when I have had a problem I have always had it resolved quickly, politely and professionally with a phone call.

Question to ask: do you want it fast or do you want it cheap?

Edit: I received Star Trek VI SE Friday with the free priority shipping deal, four days before its release date. So they're not always slow.

Last edited by movielib; 01-24-04 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-24-04, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I cancelled my original order on 2/6/04 after waiting 2 months to receive a product that was "On Order 3-5 Days" and Pre-Ordered the 1st season of Chapelle's Show on 2-6-04. Checked my account today. "On Order 3-5 Days" now. This just came out today!!! Did they not get their initial shipment in?? This place f'n sucks. I will never do business with them again and I will forever tell people not to do business with them.
Old 02-24-04, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by movielib
Question to ask: do you want it fast or do you want it cheap?
Both. And there are many retailers who will give you both. I will never order from DVDSoon again. I ordered 1 DVD from them a few months ago. They charged my debit card immediately and I didn't receive shipment for over a month. I tried emailing them several times and I all got was the runaround and lame excuses. I see no reason to buy from them again.
Old 02-25-04, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I'm another ex-customer, and I'm still waiting on a refund from 1/31. Got a call from someone there on Monday who told me I'd see the refund on my credit card today. Guess what, still not there.

Their product availability page is always wrong; they charge immediately, and don't ship for weeks; its nearly impossible to get a hold of a CSR; and, they are painfully slow to issue refunds.

I use CH so I'm use to bad service, but this is too much. I'd rather pay a few cents more and get the product elsewhere and avoid the hassle.
Old 02-26-04, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ordered about 3 times from there...not one problem. Guess I am in the minority.