DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Overstock.com---Order Problem--What can I do? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/338872-overstock-com-order-problem-what-can-i-do.html)

diesteldorf 01-03-04 01:18 AM

Overstock.com---Order Problem--What can I do?

I ordered the

Family Classics 50 DVD Movie Megapack

on 12/27/03 and received it today.

I was happy until I noticed that
Disc 2 of this 12 DVD set was missing.

I went to the web site and noticed that
they will not accept returns on DVDs.

I really wanted to receive a complete set,
so I reordered this item.

Of course, I am wondering if there is anything I can do in order to get refunded on the set that was incomplete.

Of course, I know I could always attempt a charge back, but I would like to explore other alternatives first.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....PROD_ID=521882

rich-y 01-03-04 04:06 PM

ummm... Did you try emailing Overstock?

If they describe the product as having 12 DVDs and you only got 11, then they must do something to rectify the situation.

Drop them an email. I'm sure they'll be glad to fix this.

(By the way, you're not attempting to return a product, you are simply trying to get a complete set of what you ordered.)

diesteldorf 01-03-04 07:36 PM

I e-mailed them at around 12:30 AM in the morning and received a
reply less than one hour later.

Dear *******,

I am sorry to hear that you received your Family Classics 50 DVD Movie Megapack missing the second disk. Unfortunately, we are not able to supply a replacement for the item that you ordered.

<B>I am placing a coupon on your Overstock.com account for the amount of $31.39 to cover the cost you paid for this item and the$1.40 shipping charge.</B> This coupon
will be automatically deducted at checkout on your next order as long as you use the same account you used to place this order.

There is no need to return the Family Classics 50 DVD Movie Megapack that is missing a disk. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I hope you will enjoy using this coupon to shop on our site. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance. I am here and always happy to help. I hope you will visit Overstock.com again in the near future and don't forget to tell your friends about the great savings you experienced by shopping with us. We are adding new merchandise to our site everyday!

Sincerely,

Holly
www.Overstock.com

I am sorry that you received an incomplete DVD set. I am glad that you let us know so that we could give you the proper credit. You ordered an awesome family movie pack and you got it at an incredible savings of $220.00 off!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, this was after I had already reordered the item.
Hopefully, I will get a complete set. Anyway, I can't
complain. I'm sure I will find something to spend the credit on later on. The way they handled this exceeded my expectations by far.

chemosh6969 01-05-04 12:23 PM

I had a problem before where I ordered a 10 movie pack. The next day it was cancelled so I called and they said it was out of stock but then she checked something and found out they had one left. I said I wanted it and so she said they would ship it.

Two weeks later, I get an email saying my order was cancelled again. I was pissed off and sent a letter saying how this was the second time it was cancelled/my first order with them/they cancelled it when it should have gotten to me.

They replied and gave me a $5 coupon and said they were sorry. I order a different 10 movie pack and a couple days before it was supposed to arrive I get a call from them asking if I got it yet and if not it should be there soon and that they were sorry about what happened before.

I might make the switch from ordering stuff from overstock.com instead of DDD since the customer service is far superior and it gets shipped faster.

boc4ever 01-05-04 08:35 PM

Originally posted by diesteldorf
I e-mailed them at around 12:30 AM in the morning and received a
reply less than one hour later.

Dear *******,

I am sorry to hear that you received your Family Classics 50 DVD Movie Megapack missing the second disk. Unfortunately, we are not able to supply a replacement for the item that you ordered.

<B>I am placing a coupon on your Overstock.com account for the amount of $31.39 to cover the cost you paid for this item and the$1.40 shipping charge.</B> This coupon
will be automatically deducted at checkout on your next order as long as you use the same account you used to place this order.

There is no need to return the Family Classics 50 DVD Movie Megapack that is missing a disk. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I hope you will enjoy using this coupon to shop on our site. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance. I am here and always happy to help. I hope you will visit Overstock.com again in the near future and don't forget to tell your friends about the great savings you experienced by shopping with us. We are adding new merchandise to our site everyday!

Sincerely,

Holly
www.Overstock.com

I am sorry that you received an incomplete DVD set. I am glad that you let us know so that we could give you the proper credit. You ordered an awesome family movie pack and you got it at an incredible savings of $220.00 off!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, this was after I had already reordered the item.
Hopefully, I will get a complete set. Anyway, I can't
complain. I'm sure I will find something to spend the credit on later on. The way they handled this exceeded my expectations by far.

I'd like to give props to Overstock for the cs. They couldn't have done much better than that!

Erik68 01-06-04 03:17 PM

Beware of overstock, they buy all their DVD's from places like Toys R Us and don't bother to remove other stickers. Also, if it was returned to another store, they don't re-wrsp the DVD's.

Why their prices are so cheap is listed in their about us page, where they explain about buying "over stock" and left overs from other retail businesses.

I got two DVD's that had mutiallted cases and they wouldn't replace the cases. I would not say they have such good customer service.

One had this big Tuys R Us sticker on the DVD case, it was not wrapped in plastic, the case also had big knife slice marks in it.