Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anybody shop at Suncoast? If so why?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anybody shop at Suncoast? If so why?

Old 01-05-04, 06:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem is they sell for MSRP, and most places don't anymore...having said that, when you can shop around, why would you bother going there?

The advantage they have is a very good selection of titles that often can't be found at the majors.
Old 01-06-04, 07:10 PM

I go to Suncoast when I need something to do while my wife is in the mall shoe stores. Once in a blue moon they actually have a decent deal, like the MST3K single DVDs for $9.99. In 2002 the chain was blowing out Anchor Bay dvds, starting at $9.99, then to $4.99 and finally to $2.99 for Fitzcarraldo and a few Hammers. I still kick myself for not dropping $2.99 for The Allnighter with Susannah Hoffs. I also bought a couple nice $29.99 wood DVD racks that hold around 250 DVDs.
Old 01-06-04, 07:51 PM

The only time I ever bought anything at Suncoast was when I was on a shopping trip out of town and my husband was sick so he wanted a treat. I paid at $5 too much for the DVD, but the employees were nice.

Suncoast's target audience must be the casual DVD shopper who knows nothing about DVD's and pricing. I found their prices to be outrageous and I find it hard to believe that they can still remain profitable.
Old 01-07-04, 02:06 PM

good replies...i work for a suncoast and just wanted to get a feel for why people shop or don't shop...As I understand it most people seem to follow their wallet. Thanks again.