DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Borders gift card and Amazon.com questions (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/338351-borders-gift-card-amazon-com-questions.html)

Experiment626 12-30-03 08:47 PM

Borders gift card and Amazon.com questions

I know I can use my Borders GC at Amazon, but can it be combined with any of the Amazon discounts - STL, supersaver shipping, any of that other stuff?

I figure there would be strengths to using the GC at Borders or Amazon. Mainly, Amazon has better prices on DVDs than Borders in store most often, but Borders has sales (coupons or their current buy 4 get 1 free). Anyone have experience with this?

Experiment626 12-30-03 08:52 PM

Oh and is it possible to use multiple GCs in one order? Somethings I want - namely Sopranos Season 4 - are more than any of my lone GCs.

KatSagirl 12-31-03 12:40 AM

Experiment626: I just placed an order for American Wedding using share the love with a borders gift card. It went through just fine. :) Hope that helps.

As for using multiple gift cards, you can go to www.amazon.com and under Help, this is what i found about Borders Gift Cards:

The fine print:

Borders Gift Cards cannot be redeemed for cash or returned for a refund.
Borders Gift Cards cannot be used to pay for purchases at Amazon.com Auctions, zShops, Amazon Marketplace, or any other third-party purchases; this includes orders containing such items.
Borders Gift Cards cannot be used for the purchase of Amazon.com gift certificates.
*Only one Borders Gift Card may be redeemed per online transaction. *
Paper gift certificates that were purchased in Borders stores may not be applied to online orders.
We cannot accept a combination of Amazon.com gift certificates or promotional codes and Borders Gift Cards.
Borders Gift Cards cannot be used for orders shipped to destinations outside the United States.
Returns of merchandise purchased with a Borders Gift Card will be credited in the form of an Amazon.com e-mail gift certificate. If any portion of the purchase of a returned item was applied to your credit card, we will issue a refund for the same amount.
Borders Gift Cards must be used in combination with a credit card. We cannot accept a check and a Borders Gift Card as payment for your order.

bahgee 12-31-03 08:10 AM

I was able to place an order using a Borders gift card and STL. I also had a Amazon GC, which was removed from the order after I entered the Borders Gift Card as payment. So it looks like STL works, but no Amazon GC.

SFranke 12-31-03 11:11 AM

If you do not have a Borders near you to combine your GCs, you can mail them to Borders HQ and they can combine them for you. It takes a few weeks, but you'll be able to place a big order.

Shay 12-31-03 01:18 PM

Also make sure that they are only items from Borders.com in your shopping cart; otherwise, you get some unintuitive error message.

UKingdom 01-05-04 07:12 PM

This is weird.

I have an STL for Ikiru Criterion (which is also offered by borders.com), but when on amazon.com I entered my borders GC code, it gave me an error saying

"We're sorry. We're unable to apply this claim code. Please note that Borders gift cards can only be used to purchase Borders items"

Anyone know what's up?

UKingdom 01-06-04 11:42 PM

Anyone?

greydt 01-07-04 09:11 AM

Originally posted by UKingdom
Anyone?
Borders and Amazon are basically considered two different stores. You can't access your STL list if you enter through the borders.com site. When you went to access your Ikiru STL, you went back to the Amazon store (hence, your Borders GC won't work at that point).

As per what KatSagirl had posted:
"Borders Gift Cards cannot be used to pay for purchases at Amazon.com"

I'm not sure how bahgee got STL & a borders gift card to work.

However, I did notice that with a Borders order, it'll still ask you if you want to send it out as a STL offer to your Amazon list of friends.

cubanx 01-09-04 01:48 AM

Originally posted by UKingdom
This is weird.

I have an STL for Ikiru Criterion (which is also offered by borders.com), but when on amazon.com I entered my borders GC code, it gave me an error saying

"We're sorry. We're unable to apply this claim code. Please note that Borders gift cards can only be used to purchase Borders items"

Anyone know what's up?

I had problems doing this before but this is what I did to use my Border's GC with STL.

1) Log into your Amazon Account and delete everything from the shopping cart including saved items.
2) Go to http://www.borders.com
3) Borders.com will redirect to thier amazon storefront. Once there click the "Your Account" button.
4) Scroll down to "Shopping Lists & Gift Registries " and click "Share the Love"
5) Add share the love items to your cart
6) After last item added to cart click the Blue "Proceed to Checkout" button near the bottom of the cart
7) Enter Giftcard number and complete transaction. It will give a message that your GC will not be debited until your order ships.

Enjoy!

illennium 01-09-04 09:06 AM

Cubanx, you rock. I couldn't get the two to work together until I read your post. Thanks much.

cubanx 01-10-04 05:01 AM

Originally posted by illennium
Cubanx, you rock. I couldn't get the two to work together until I read your post. Thanks much.
No problem. I thought i'd save someone the hassle it took me to figure out.

dvd2001 01-10-04 07:39 PM

RE: Borders and Amazon and ShareTheLove.

I was able to place an order using a Borders gift card (actually a store-credit card for some returned items, same thing), and then was able to send STL to a list from the STL thread.

One of those people purchased the DVD, and I received the Amazon credit a few days later.