DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   DDD - I'm not impressed (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/337292-ddd-im-not-impressed.html)

Carlos Villa 3 12-23-03 04:48 PM

DDD - I'm not impressed

I've used them for quite awhile with no problems but lately it seems their quality has gone downhill.

First one of my orders with the 20% off discount disappeared down a rathole somewhere and never got entered or processed into their system. OK, my loss. I chalked it up to the high volume generated by the special discount and accepted it; especially after calling and being told by a CSR that I was out of luck despite the fact I had forwarded them the original e-mail they sent showing that my order had been placed and that I would get a confirmation e-mail when the order was processed.

Now, I placed an order for 2 in-stock items on 16 Dec and paid extra for Priority Shipping figuring that would get it here to present as a Xmas gift. Checked status on-line today (23 Dec) and it shows In Process. Called and explained the situation to the CSR and first he says "It's shipping today". After explaining that I paid extra for Priority Shipping so I could get it by Xmas, he goes and checks something, comes back and now he says It shipped this morning"

Of course I immediately asked him which was it; was the package shipping today or had it already shipped? :confused: He was flustered and then insisted that it had shipped today and offered no explanation for the delay, or the two different statements.

Well, guess my son will just have to wait a little longer for his Transformers Season Sets. Thanks alot DDD! I'm going to have to think twice before placing another order with you guys. :thmbsdwn:

Sorry for the rant, I'm just really ticked off right now!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

dvd-4-life 12-23-03 05:18 PM

I had a problem with a dvd boxset I had purchased from them.They told me to return the bad disc-not the entire set and then after I sent them the one disc they had said they credited the entire set-which was strange because I only sent them one disc.Later I talked to them again and they said to return the other 2 discs for a replacement of the entire set.Still haven't received it and its been 2 months.Not a very good company to deal with when it comes to returns.

coladar 12-23-03 10:23 PM

Add me to the list recently disappointed by the quality of DDD. I had ordered the widescreen version of the X-Men collection for a gift when they had the 20% sale. I received it one week ago, and it was full-screen. E-Mailed them one week ago, and still no reply. So much for that gift. :\

Spooky 12-24-03 05:02 AM

I got shipping notice of an item on the 13th and am still waiting for it. Fortunately it wasn't a present, so I'm not too concerned about getting it in time for Christmas.

I think when you see a 20% off sale, it's kind of par for the course that shipping is going to be slow. HOWEVER, if I paid for expediated shipping like the guy above, I'd be pretty ticked off.

cseyer 12-24-03 06:52 AM

I believe it when people say "IF you need something quickly dont buy from DDD". So what if they are a little slow, I take this into account, the consistent low prices keep me coming back. If you need something for Xmas dont buy it less than two weeks away from DDD. They are SLOW, if you want something but dont care when you get it go for it.

I am a satisfied DDD customer. No lost orders, no problems, customer service has always been helpful. But I do wait up to 3-4 weeks to get the DVD's I ordered at times.

Carlos Villa 3 12-24-03 07:17 AM

Well, GEE don't we have a keen eye for the obvious! -rolleyes-

If you'd bothered to read my post you would see where I paid EXTRA for Priority Shipping being familiar with their usual slow shipping habits.

My big problem is that after 7 days they still hadn't shipped supposedly in-stock items that were supposed to be Priority Shipped.

Phibes 12-24-03 07:54 AM

"I had ordered the widescreen version of the X-Men collection for a gift when they had the 20% sale. I received it one week ago, and it was full-screen."

They just did the same thing to me with the Sinbad : Legend of the Seven Seas. My receipts were for the widescreen version and it even was the widescreen version on the receipt in the box, but it was still the FOOLSCREEN version. :( Luckily, Sams had marked it down so my son will get it for Christmas.

cseyer 12-24-03 10:55 AM

If you'd bothered to read my post you would see where I paid EXTRA for Priority Shipping being familiar with their usual slow shipping habits.

My big problem is that after 7 days they still hadn't shipped supposedly in-stock items that were supposed to be Priority Shipped.

I read your post and understand that you paid extra for priority shipping. So what? They are still slow and often titles are out of stock even when it says in stock on the initial order. Dont be angry at me, I was just trying help ya. If you need it quick DO NOT order from DDD. (Doesnt matter what shipping option you choose.) Order from amazon, they are VERY quick with upgraded shipping. Thats my opinion based on my experience. Take it or leave it.

Zman 12-25-03 12:30 AM

Ive ordered from DDD with no problems before. One thing I did notice as well was that they are very slow, but in my case always accurate. I'll continue to order from them.

Now when I need something, and I want it to come at a certain time, I always go to amazon.com. I'll pay the higher costs, and the higher shipping to make sure I get it. Other then that, I just go to the store and buy it. You have options, sorry DDD didn't work out for you.

Hopefully they can up the downs they've had lately. I don't think they had ANY clue they would generate so much business with that coupon, and it probably messed up regular orders as well as on sale orders.

iove 12-25-03 06:55 PM

Priority shipping means that they ship via USPS via priority mail instead of media mail (7-10 days). It doesn't mean that they package and prepare to ship out any faster than choosing the media mail option. Ordering on December 16 seems kinda pushing it to meet the christmas deadline. With the postal rush I've noticed even with priority mail that it sometimes take twice as long.