Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscountDVD Sucks!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DeepDiscountDVD Sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-03, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DDD sucks, and they dis lie to me many times regarding my order that took over a month to ship, even though all my DVD were in stock. I will never again order from DDD and tell everyone I know to stay away also!
Old 12-30-03, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ketya
Strange things continue on ddd.

Today ý call them inorder to cancel my orders but I could't get in touch with them.

and then I received an email about shipment of one item in my order (there are two items in my order and they sent only one, the other one is backordered). But they charge the shipping fee as they are sending both of them.

But the problem is: I changed my credit card details on my account info page so that I assume that they couldnt charge the money (I did that before receiving the mail). I dont know how they charged the money.

Is it possible that they sent the dvd a few days ago but sending the mail now?
Usually companies charge the card given at the time of the order. I'm not sure of any place that lets you change it after it's been placed. Well maybe Amazon.
Old 12-31-03, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by ketya
Strange things continue on ddd.

Today ý call them inorder to cancel my orders but I could't get in touch with them.

and then I received an email about shipment of one item in my order (there are two items in my order and they sent only one, the other one is backordered). But they charge the shipping fee as they are sending both of them.

But the problem is: I changed my credit card details on my account info page so that I assume that they couldnt charge the money (I did that before receiving the mail). I dont know how they charged the money.

Is it possible that they sent the dvd a few days ago but sending the mail now?
The credit card that you had on file when you placed the order is the one that would be charged since that is the only account that you authorized charges on.
Old 01-01-04, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A couple of comments:

1) CSR Quality - One other thing to keep in mind is that they likely (and I believe that someone confirmed this in another thread) have brought on some extra staff for the holiday season. It is likely, that these people are not going to be as knowledgable and or experienced as their regular staff (who, in my experience, are really good).

2) Ship Times - Just as a reminder, Media Mail shipments take 5-10 business days according to DDD (and that does not include Saturday for those who asked). However, I believe that the USPS generally gives a higher max for that delivery range.

3) Order Status - From what I have gathered from their system performance, as well as discussions with CSR's, their order systems are completely seperate from their fulfillment systems. As such, it seems like there is at least a 1 business day delay after shipment before the "Order Status" page is updated. Also, I have found that the best way to know that your shipment is on it's way is to base it on when you get your "Order Shipped" email. They seem to be pretty much dead on.

4) Contacting Customer Service - Unless you don't need an immediate response, never contact them via email. There email queue, apperantly, stays pretty full and, it seems like they handle phone calls before they deal with emails. As such, their email responses are usually 24-hour minimum turn-around . . . long enough to possibly miss your window to cancel an order, for example.

Also, for the sake of everyone envolved, please do not call their CS department unless you have a really good reason. I have seen people posting experiences in which they have called three times in one day to check on the status of an order within a few days of placing it. Not only does this tie up the phone lines with the CSR's, but it also keeps them from being able to address the email queue in less than a day.
Old 01-01-04, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Talemyn, are you now or have you ever been employed by DDD? If the answer to both is no, they should pay you immediately. I have never seen anyone post in someone's defense as often, and in such great detail, as you.
Old 01-01-04, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Daytripper
Talemyn, are you now or have you ever been employed by DDD? If the answer to both is no, they should pay you immediately. I have never seen anyone post in someone's defense as often, and in such great detail, as you.
Nope . . . no paycheck (but I like the idea . . . I could use the extra cash ). I just tend to get defensive when I see people, groups, etc. getting treated unfairly (in my opinion). Given the good experiences that I have had with DDD and given the pickiness of some of the complaints that I have seen posted, I have felt compelled to stick up for them. I doubt that they are allowed to do it on their own within the forum (I would think that that would go against forum rules). Just trying to be fair . . .

Honestly, though, it could have been any retailer, really . . . the issue isn't defending the retailer because the retailer is untouchable. The problem that I have is with that some of the post have contained some inane complaints that I felt were leading to some unfair portrayels of DDD. Again, it could have been any retailer, but DDD has been a particularly open target due to the popularity of their 20% discount coupons.

BTW . . . just to prepare you . . . I just finished "defending" them in another thread before posting here. You've been warned.
Old 01-02-04, 08:10 AM

As such, their email responses are usually 24-hour minimum turn-around
maybe 9-10days is a better guess

The credit card that you had on file when you placed the order is the one that would be charged since that is the only account that you authorized charges on.
I think this is true, because they charged money from the credit card after I change the card number and expiry date (and although I entered a valid card number with no money on the account).

They sent the notification mail about the despatch of goods, 1-2days after they sent they sent the package
Old 01-04-04, 09:57 AM

According to the post office, you must give anything sent by Media Mail 21 "calendar days" to arrive. (This does not include holidays).

Your posting is dead on.

Originally posted by talemyn
A couple of comments:

1) CSR Quality - One other thing to keep in mind is that they likely (and I believe that someone confirmed this in another thread) have brought on some extra staff for the holiday season. It is likely, that these people are not going to be as knowledgable and or experienced as their regular staff (who, in my experience, are really good).

2) Ship Times - Just as a reminder, Media Mail shipments take 5-10 business days according to DDD (and that does not include Saturday for those who asked). However, I believe that the USPS generally gives a higher max for that delivery range.

3) Order Status - From what I have gathered from their system performance, as well as discussions with CSR's, their order systems are completely seperate from their fulfillment systems. As such, it seems like there is at least a 1 business day delay after shipment before the "Order Status" page is updated. Also, I have found that the best way to know that your shipment is on it's way is to base it on when you get your "Order Shipped" email. They seem to be pretty much dead on.

4) Contacting Customer Service - Unless you don't need an immediate response, never contact them via email. There email queue, apperantly, stays pretty full and, it seems like they handle phone calls before they deal with emails. As such, their email responses are usually 24-hour minimum turn-around . . . long enough to possibly miss your window to cancel an order, for example.

Also, for the sake of everyone envolved, please do not call their CS department unless you have a really good reason. I have seen people posting experiences in which they have called three times in one day to check on the status of an order within a few days of placing it. Not only does this tie up the phone lines with the CSR's, but it also keeps them from being able to address the email queue in less than a day.