DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   DDD made a mistake, what would you do?? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/335532-ddd-made-mistake-what-would-you-do.html)

nycdude 12-13-03 04:30 PM

DDD made a mistake, what would you do??

Hi all,

I ordered the Alias S2 from DDD during the 20% off sale and they sent me the Alien Quadrilogy instead.

I could send it back or I could keep it and go out and get Alias S2 at BJ's or Costco for like $38+ since the Aliens set was more expensive at $58+ but now that the sale is over the Aliens set is more like $62+.

What would you do???

BizRodian 12-13-03 04:32 PM

Do you want the Alien set?

I say keep it if you want it, because all that shipping back and forth with DDD is a lot of time.

Me007gold 12-13-03 04:32 PM

me personaly i would call them up, tell them what happend and go from there

aeon.Nemesis 12-13-03 04:35 PM

if you wanted to buy the alien quad anyway id just keep it and go and buy alias s2 seperately.. save yourself some money..

if you dont really want alien quad then id email em and organise a swap (so long as they cover all shipping charges seeing as it was their fault)

BILLinGA 12-13-03 04:38 PM

Ok maybe I am crazy but I would call them and let them know their mistake. I feel that honesty is the way to go.

gutwrencher 12-13-03 04:50 PM

regardless if you want to keep it or not...let them know that they screwed up...and yer not happy about it. then...give them another chance on a future order. people screw up with me once...no worries. twice...and I drop'em like a bag-o-dirt.:D

I gave Xploited.com another chance. my first order got lost. my second order was the wrong item. Postal service goofed the first time. the mis-shipped item was just a mistake. since then...they have treated me like gold.:thumbsup:

talemyn 12-13-03 05:19 PM

Originally posted by BILLinGA
Ok maybe I am crazy but I would call them and let them know their mistake. I feel that honesty is the way to go.
Absolutely . . . after all, if they accidently charged you too much and you didn't catch it, wouldn't you want them to let you know?

Ergyu 12-13-03 05:19 PM

I'd just keep it. If it was something you wanted, go for it. This is coming from someone who doesn't have a lot of expendable income though. If things were different (IE out of school; good job) I would probably call them up and ask what to do.

nycdude 12-13-03 05:35 PM

I thought about it both ways only because for the Aliens series, I only liked the first 2 movies which I have already. I did not care for the last 2 and seldom watch any of the special features on any of my dvds other than the making of featuretes.

However, I read alot of posts here and everyone was so psyched that this series was being re-released.

My thought was to call them and let them know either way but is the last 2 movies in this series w/ add'l scenes, Alien3, that good that would make me think twice??

ctyankee 12-13-03 05:37 PM

Originally posted by talemyn
Absolutely . . . after all, if they accidently charged you too much and you didn't catch it, wouldn't you want them to let you know?
I agree. It's tempting to just keep the thing but I personally would feel better about myself that way.

Doesn't have to be a win/lose proposition. In other words, they made the mistake, but what are they going to do to offset your time and effort for shipping it back to them? They aren't going to just show up at your house and take it off your hands now our they? Plus, you have to wait (even longer) to get the item you want. A smart CSR would give you some sweet deal, making you a customer for life.

Hope it works out that way.

ScandalUMD 12-13-03 05:39 PM

Re: DDD made a mistake, what would you do??

Originally posted by nycdude
Hi all,

I ordered the Alias S2 from DDD during the 20% off sale and they sent me the Alien Quadrilogy instead.

I could send it back or I could keep it and go out and get Alias S2 at BJ's or Costco for like $38+ since the Aliens set was more expensive at $58+ but now that the sale is over the Aliens set is more like $62+.

What would you do???

Well, if they want to switch it out, then they'd have to pay for you to ship Alien back to them, and for the shipping on the Alias set. Then they'd also probably have to bear some expense relative to restocking the Alien box. Plus, they would probably have to compensate you in some way for the wait and inconvenience.

I expect that if you call them and let them know, they won't want you to send it back.

The Antipodean 12-13-03 05:59 PM

I probably wouldn't post it on a public Internet board where they can track you down and make you give the Alien back. ;)

Gyno Rhino 12-13-03 06:39 PM

I would drive to their headquarters and shoot them in the face.

ckolchak 12-13-03 06:42 PM

do you believe in Kharma?

talemyn 12-13-03 06:43 PM

Originally posted by Gyno Rhino
I would drive to their headquarters and shoot them in the face.
. . . and a Merry Christmas to you, as well . . . http://www.mindspring.com/~boycekb/i...lies/Santa.gif

Groucho 12-13-03 07:00 PM

They gave me a wrong shipment as well. Unfortunately, the value of the mix-up is less than the value of the item I wanted. So I guess I have to give them a call.

speedy1961 12-13-03 07:04 PM

I agree.

pro-bassoonist 12-13-03 07:43 PM

I second that.....esp. with DDD. Give them a call and explain what happened- you'll sleep better!!

GatorDeb 12-13-03 07:46 PM

I'd call them and let them know, and also mention that if exchanging is too much of a hassle I wouldn't mind keeping the Quadrilogy :) (after processing costs it really may not be worth it to them to get it back and reship). But do call them.

Seeker 12-13-03 07:55 PM

I'd call them, and see what they offer you to fix the situation.

MrMacabre 12-13-03 08:04 PM

Originally posted by pro-bassoonist
I second that.....esp. with DDD. Give them a call and explain what happened- you'll sleep better!!
Especially with DDD?

They stuffed up my latest order too. However, at least you guys had a shipment; for mine they just decided to cancel it before it even sent.

Why? Because of a "Credit Authorisation Error"; regardless of the fact that there were several thousands available on the card, and that the pending transaction had already appeared.

Emailed them about it and was told "feel free to re-submit the order at your leisure" or some b.s..... obviously without the 20% off.

Bunch of W@nkers, the lot of em. The one time in recent history a special like this happens and they fudge it up. :mad:

SilverScreen 12-13-03 10:06 PM

Try giving them a call and do the right thing...

One thing I have personally experienced over the past week is this...

I've tried e-mails (multiple) to attempt to resolve 2 minor issues I have had recently and they were either not responded to (issue #1) or they didn't resolve it to my satisfaction (issue #2). I'm choosing not to go into detail here on the issues for several reasons which I will also not go into...

I then tried calling them on both issues... I sat on hold for about 5 minutes and that's it. Both issues were resolved exactly as I had hoped and I have to give the customer service lady credit. She really did go the extra mile to make sure I was happy.

So under the circumstances (the increased volume from the holiday season and the 20% coupon) I have to give them major kudos for handling both of my issues better than they technically had to.

What is the point of this long winded story?

1. Try calling them to resolve your problems...

&

2. Do the right thing by them. Call them and tell them what happenned....

Bluebomber 12-13-03 10:20 PM

Keep it, you got a great deal on a great set.

jasonnaper 12-13-03 10:32 PM

Call them...

But just to let you know. The person you call wont care either way. Its just a picking error, mis shipment. As a purchasing agent myself its just $$$ and numbers, this DDD mistake will have NO effect on there books, so bottom line is fixing this mistake will be a lose of profit margin. The only reason they would help resolve this problem would be good customer service. They want to keep you as a customer. So call them if you must, but don't feel bad if you decide to keep it. You didn't make the mistake...

Thats business folks...

buckee1 12-13-03 10:41 PM

I say call them... A few years back I ordered the From the Earth To the Moon set from them and they mailed me four (4) copies of the set. I called them and they not only sent mailers for all the additional copies but never charged me for the one set I purchased! You never know they might surprise you!